BC Election issues

Discuss the upcoming elections here.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: BC Election issues

Post by Urban Cowboy »

hobbyguy wrote:Gee - the Green Party has a plan already. NDP - nada.

fluffy wrote:I have to wonder if their dalliance in releasing any details is due not so much to strategy but more to the fact that their platform doesn't have any real strengths.

Perhaps, but I'm more of the mind that it's because, the NDP platform exists in the same realm as fairies and unicorns.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

glad to see hobby leaning towards the greens anyone but hillary clone except wors christy clark . lock her up :130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

fluffy wrote:
I have to wonder if their dalliance in releasing any details is due not so much to strategy but more to the fact that their platform doesn't have any real strengths. The Liberals' economic policy of controlled spending and enhanced job creation can't really be criticized, and all the NDP has hinted at is spending on social programs. Opposing parties are gaining ground, all the more for the NDP to overcome when they do finally decide to get in the game.

The NDP in Manitoba turned the corner when they started voting for things the Conservatives were doing instead of constantly saying "NO" to everything and complaining. This attitude change finally made the people of Manitoba think that just maybe, the NDP weren't the close-minded lazy slobs with zero ideas that they'd been for so long before. The BC NDP still doesn't seem to have hit rock bottom, probably because they always get the booby-prize second place by the sheer lack of any other party being on the scene. If the Greens take a bunch of seats, all at the expense of the NDP, maybe just maybe they will wake up. But I wouldn't hold my breath.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

WILLIAMS LAKE, B.C. – An advocacy group will be back in provincial court in Williams Lake, B.C., today pursuing private prosecution against the province and a mining company over the collapse of the Mount Polley tailings dam.MiningWatch Canada launched the case last fall, saying the province and the Mount Polley Mining Corp. violated the Fisheries Act when a tailings pond collapsed at the copper and gold mine in August 2014.

http://glbn.ca/IbJV1Q
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

I would actually like to see the Greens kick the BCTF er... NDP party in the rear. Far easier for me to view folks like Andrew Weaver as capable and thoughtful than the rubbish I see coming from the NDP. Not that I am planning to vote Green, but for those who are looking for different viewpoint, the Greens are far more credible - and not owned by the BCTF.

If I lived in Adrian Dix's riding I'd vote Green just to enjoy his concession speech.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote:I would actually like to see the Greens kick the BCTF er... NDP party in the rear. Far easier for me to view folks like Andrew Weaver as capable and thoughtful than the rubbish I see coming from the NDP. Not that I am planning to vote Green, but for those who are looking for different viewpoint, the Greens are far more credible - and not owned by the BCTF.

If I lived in Adrian Dix's riding I'd vote Green just to enjoy his concession speech.

You would see a big dark stain forming at the front of his pants as he tried to contemplate making a living again without the giant MLA salary and solid gold pension. How that guy ever was allowed back after Memogate is a stain on BC politics, and for that clown to still be in the NDP and the NDP cheer-team here to be babbling on about criminals is the ultimate irony.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Why would Dix be giving a 'concession speech' after the 2017 election?
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:
Why would Dix be giving a 'concession speech' after the 2017 election?

Good point. If the people in his riding finally found the strength and brains to kick Dix out, he wouldn't give a concession speech, he'd go run and hide.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

At one time I thought Dix might have a brain but it was just a brain fart on my part. Thankfully I got over it quite quickly.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Smurf wrote:At one time I thought Dix might have a brain but it was just a brain fart on my part. Thankfully I got over it quite quickly.

So that's your election issue? Good to know brain gas rules your thoughts.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

It is sad that ndp loyalists are so brainwashed that they follow idiots like lemmings.We need another party in bc , for now we have to go with the best of the worst options. :admin: :admin:
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

alfred2 wrote:It is sad that ndp loyalists are so brainwashed that they follow idiots like lemmings.We need another party in bc , for now we have to go with the best of the worst options. :admin: :admin:

Another well thought out election issue.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Don't start making nasty comments to each other please. :-X
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

That certainly is not my election issue. Unless something major happens I have to hold my nose and vote Liberal. If I have an issue it is the lack of any competition whatsoever for the Liberals. At this point I do not see even a glitter of hope.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

maryjane48 wrote:WILLIAMS LAKE, B.C. – An advocacy group will be back in provincial court in Williams Lake, B.C., today pursuing private prosecution against the province and a mining company over the collapse of the Mount Polley tailings dam.MiningWatch Canada launched the case last fall, saying the province and the Mount Polley Mining Corp. violated the Fisheries Act when a tailings pond collapsed at the copper and gold mine in August 2014.

http://glbn.ca/IbJV1Q

If this is the only way to hold someone to account for the Mount Polley debacle then "bring it on".

I am a strong supporter of mining in Canada, but what happened at Polley gave mining in general an undeserved "black eye". It's past time for those responsible to be brought to justice so, if the Government won't do it, maybe this group can.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “British Columbia Elections 2017”