BC Budget 2017

Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: BC Budget 2017

Post by Hassel99 »

maryjane48 wrote:while the children comment on their pinup queen , it still does not make this budget more than a arrogant bribe with no meat that can help the bottom rise up . shamefull

Your sexism is disgusting.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

maryjane48 wrote:i wonder why people still want to support a sociopath as our premier ?

It truly pains me to have to hold my nose and vote "Liberal" in any election BUT there is no other option other than to support the BC Liberals once again and since Christy is my MLA I will once again be supporting her. Make no mistake, it's not because of "wanting" to support her, it's simply because there is no viable alternative.

Knowing that doing so sends you and the rest of the left-wing NDP zealots over the edge makes it somewhat more palatable however.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

well everyone free to vote how they want, question is what will each person that votes stand up for ?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 1st, 2017, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

maryjane48 wrote:well everyone free to vote how they want, question is what will each person that votes stand up for ?

I will vote for the party that puts out the best platform currently it is one platform to nothing for the parties. I would hope most voters would vote this way, though it does seem by your comments that your vote will be made by the sex or race of the people running which is really quite disgusting.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

It looks like the Ironworkers Union - Local 97, which represents over 1800 men and women in the province, likes what's in the new budget. Today, the union has endorsed Christy Clark and the Liberals. They want jobs for their members and so the Liberals are the logical choice. Looks like the NDP can fight it out with the Green Party for the environmental vote.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Urbane wrote:. Looks like the NDP can fight it out with the Green Party for the environmental vote.

Two mentally-challenged squirrels fighting over a very small nut.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Doug Parton, the business manager for the ironworkers union, explained today why the union was endorsing Clark and the Liberals. Here's an excerpt and a link to the whole article.

by Tom Fletcher - BC Local News
Victoria BC posted Mar 1, 2017 at 2:00 PM
Premier Christy Clark took her lunch break with workers on a Victoria construction project Wednesday, receiving the endorsement of the Ironworkers International and its B.C. local.

"We may not agree with Premier Clark on every issue, or the BC Liberals, but we believe their plan for economic growth, for apprenticeship training and all the lunch bucket and kitchen table issues that affect our members is the right one for us," said Doug Parton, Ironworkers Local 97 business manager, surrounded by union members on the site of a new downtown building.
http://www.pqbnews.com/news/415145874.html

In a related story, there's been a leak from the NDP's yet to be released platform and here are some excerpts:

No no no no no no no no no.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

It's good to see this idea that unions feel "wars" are needed all the time and that they need to love one party and blindly support the other.

I think the big issue becomes that at one point the NDP was there for the workers of a province and then the world changed and the NDP now is there for the extremists and special interest groups and workers are left in the cold, yet they expect the same blind loyalty but clearly aren't getting it at the voting stations.

The fact this budget is pretty good, and compared to what the NDP has produced quite amazing (as something is always much better than nothing), simply means the NDP are close in polls (were way ahead last time) and have yet again produced nothing of merit or value, and as we have seen here, their supporters best rebuttal against the Liberals have been heavily based in sexist remarks.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/190408/ ... om-M-A-S-H

anything in the budget to fix this which happens everywhere in bc?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Urbane wrote:...
In a related story, there's been a leak from the NDP's yet to be released platform and here are some excerpts:

No no no no no no no no no.

:spitcoffee:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/190408/ER-a-scene-from-M-A-S-H

anything in the budget to fix this which happens everywhere in bc?

Yes, it happens everywhere in BC and it has been happening everywhere in BC for a very long time.

We have a shortage of nurses, and we haven't yet found a way to force people to go into the profession, and we haven't yet found a way to force them to work in places like Burns Lake if they'd rather live in an urban centre, which is why the costs of importing nurses and other health care professionals to cover shifts in rural areas are astronomical.

The Liberals haven't yet found a solution to this.

What will the NDP do about it? Is it addressed in their budget?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

doesnt matter at what the ndp do in this thread as this thread is about clark . when 8 hear ndp in a clark thread to me it means you cant answer . facts are the bclibs had longtime to fix it . they are flying in nurses from ont on contract instead of hiring more here . it isnt lack of students its lack of money to stay in bc . a nurse can move to manitoba for example and be making 20 to 30 thousand more per year and with better working conditions .

this budget was a flop .
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

maryjane48 wrote:doesnt matter at what the ndp do in this thread as this thread is about clark . when 8 hear ndp in a clark thread to me it means you cant answer . facts are the bclibs had longtime to fix it . they are flying in nurses from ont on contract instead of hiring more here . it isnt lack of students its lack of money to stay in bc . a nurse can move to manitoba for example and be making 20 to 30 thousand more per year and with better working conditions .

this budget was a flop .

I answered when I posted the Liberals hadn't yet found a solution but I suppose that doesn't fit with your narrative. Let me clarify: the Liberals have failed to find a solution. This budget does not address this problem in a satisfactory way.

Your simplistic solution is to offer nurses 20 to 30 thousand more per year with better working conditions. Are we allowed to talk about that, since you introduced it? Probably not, but:

I don't suppose you can provide support for the "20 to 30 thousand more" figures you gave (because this is a thread about the Liberals' budget) and I don't suppose you can explain where all the money would come from to pay vastly more (because this is a thread about the Liberals' budget) and I don't suppose you can show us whether or not the simplistic solution you're suggesting aligns with the NDP's proposed solution to this problem (because this is a thread about the Liberals' budget).

What I can tell you, staying completely on topic, is: If the Liberals' budget had included what you're suggesting, I wouldn't have seen it as a solution. Not without seeing where all that money's coming from, what "better working conditions" entails, and how they're going to make sure paying nurses that much more doesn't simply entice rural nurses to the urban areas, further draining the resources in the hinterlands.

Return to “B.C.”