Uber coming to B.C.

OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Uber coming to B.C.

Post by OKkayak »

Even Steven wrote:Not waiting for 45 minutes for a car.

Never waited 45 minutes for a car. Never waited 15 minutes for a car.
Even Steven wrote:Not cabbie taking a long way around to run up the counter.

Only ever happened to me once.
Even Steven wrote:Not cabbie pressuring you into paying cash or tip him.

Never had that happen.
Even Steven wrote:Not complaining that you're going somewhere where it's not convenient for him.

Never had that happen.
Even Steven wrote:Just a boring trip at half the cost and no drama.

Most Ubers I've taken are literally within a couple of bucks of a cab.
Boosted632 wrote:all the more reason to use uber

Or, just use what ever is the most convenient for you at the moment and don't get caught all up in the hype.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

OKkayak wrote:
Even Steven wrote:Not waiting for 45 minutes for a car.

Never waited 45 minutes for a car. Never waited 15 minutes for a car.

Yeah, that's like an everyday occurrence, especially in Kelowna.

Even Steven wrote:Not cabbie taking a long way around to run up the counter.

Only ever happened to me once.

In YVR it was so bad, the gov't had to introduce set prices out of YVR for cabs. Because the image of the entire city was taking a beating thanks to scabbies *. Before that, I used to have fun and tell them I'm from Europe and never been here before to watch them multiple bridges to get me Downtown. LOL. Granville St. to Oak St. to Richmond, then Bridgport Rd. to Knight St. all the way downtown and then Cambie bridge to hotel. Roughly 3 times the distance.

Even Steven wrote:Not cabbie pressuring you into paying cash or tip him.

Never had that happen.

I've had friends being driven to ATM by a scabby because they were demanding cash.

Even Steven wrote:Not complaining that you're going somewhere where it's not convenient for him.

Never had that happen.

In Vancouver = usual occurrence. They don't like to come back empty from boonies.

Or, just use what ever is the most convenient for you at the moment and don't get caught all up in the hype.

No hype here. Just we finally have a choice. And if scabbies are so good, they have nothing to worry about, and they'll end up on top.

But come on, we all know scabbies will lose because they only know how to rip people off with impunity. Screw them, and their medallions.

* --- Scabbies = cabbies + scammers
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Hey! Whats the difference between a cab and an Uber? :biggrin:

Nothing [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

according to the castanet poll there's not much sympathy for the thieving scab companies [icon_lol2.gif]
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
tantor
Board Meister

Post by tantor »

I used Uber and Lyft while I was in the states recently and it was great! Short wait times for a ride, great friendly drivers and so inexpensive I usually left a pretty good tip because it was still cheaper than getting a cab in Kelowna by a lot! Sure I have heard some horror stories before but that was not my experience at all. I have my own horror experiences here I don't need stories. For those that are yelling about insurance no one is forcing you to call a ride hailing company, if you aren't comfortable with perhaps a less insured driver then call a cab! There is a reason they are so popular all over all over North America. In the cities in which I used Uber and Lift you know what I still saw plenty of? CABS!
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/276483 ... try#276483

Taxi monopoly is over.
Live and change with it.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Feb 6th, 2020, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A judge has ordered the City of Surrey to immediately stop ticketing and fining Uber drivers.

The city had been issuing $500 tickets to drivers, arguing that they were operating without a business licence.

However, Uber claimed in court that drivers held the appropriate provincial permits and Surrey had not created a municipal licence that its drivers could apply for.

Uber filed for an injunction against Surrey and a British Columbia Supreme Court judge ruled in favour of the ride-hailing company.

Justice Veronica Jackson also ordered that the city pay Uber's court costs.

Surrey Mayor Doug McCallum said in a statement after the ruling that the city will work with the TransLink Mayors' Council on a regional business licence to ensure there is a level playing field between ride-hailing companies and taxis.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#276558

Now that's good news.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

More good news:

Ride hailing is coming to the Okanagan.

The B.C. Passenger Transportation Board has granted approval of two more ride hailing operators, one of which will operate in the B.C. Southern Interior.

Kabu Ride Inc. has been given the green-light to operate across the province, although it will take some time before the service starts to operate in Kelowna and Kamloops.

In the latest batch of ride hailing decisions announced Friday the PTB also approved Apt Rides to operate in the Lower Mainland and Whistler.

It rejected Inorbis Corporation and Tappcar Inc., both of which sought to operate in the Okanagan.

More to come...

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... gan#276564
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Fancy wrote:More good news:

Ride hailing is coming to the Okanagan.

The B.C. Passenger Transportation Board has granted approval of two more ride hailing operators, one of which will operate in the B.C. Southern Interior.

Kabu Ride Inc. has been given the green-light to operate across the province, although it will take some time before the service starts to operate in Kelowna and Kamloops.

In the latest batch of ride hailing decisions announced Friday the PTB also approved Apt Rides to operate in the Lower Mainland and Whistler.

It rejected Inorbis Corporation and Tappcar Inc., both of which sought to operate in the Okanagan.

More to come...

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... gan#276564

So a company that operated illegally from 2016-2019 now gets a license and you expect them to follow the rules now? What a joke.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Appears quite a few have been operating illegally. Maybe that was a sign to get ride sharing going legally.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Fancy wrote:Appears quite a few have been operating illegally. Maybe that was a sign to get ride sharing going legally.

More than likely its a sign that These companies don’t give a damn about rules and regulations, only lining their pockets.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

OKkayak wrote:Hey! Whats the difference between a cab and an Uber? :biggrin:

Nothing [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

the difference would be 20 or 30 bucks in your pocket at the end of the ride
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Fancy wrote:Appears quite a few have been operating illegally. Maybe that was a sign to get ride sharing going legally.

Put that sentiment into other illegal activities and see how it pans out.

Tsk, tsk.!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dirtybiker wrote:Put that sentiment into other illegal activities and see how it pans out.

Tsk, tsk.!

Seems to have worked with some drugs.

Return to “B.C.”