Clark supports high-heel law

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Clark supports high-heel law

Post by maryjane48 »

lol at pulling the sexism card . the facts are more women would be able to work that now do not if they could get cheaper daycare and be paying taxes and buying more goods . another fact is you seem to be taking the position women should remain at home like good lil babymakers .
and the last fact pointed out it should be a work issue long delt with so i give failing grade on the bclibs concern for women in this province
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

What_the wrote:Am I wrong or is it mostly men commenting in this thread?

Would love to hear female POV.

I'm a guy, I think why put those feet that you need for rest of your life though that torture. Because in their senior years that could come back to bit them in the as :cuss:

Its not worth it
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The dopey NDP supporters are busy chattering away misogynistically how this is irrelevant, yet the Casta-poll shows Christy Clark hitting another home run.

Should it be illegal to force employees to wear high heels?

Total Votes: 5894
Yes: 82.13%
No: 17.87%

Is it any wonder the NDP is going to lose its fifth straight election in this province?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

Being new I have to ask, have you ever offered anything to the conversation other than bashing the political parties you dislike?

Rwede wrote:The dopey NDP supporters are busy chattering away misogynistically how this is irrelevant, yet the Casta-poll shows Christy Clark hitting another home run.

Should it be illegal to force employees to wear high heels?

Total Votes: 5894
Yes: 82.13%
No: 17.87%

Is it any wonder the NDP is going to lose its fifth straight election in this province?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

maryjane48 wrote:lol at pulling the sexism card . the facts are more women would be able to work that now do not if they could get cheaper daycare and be paying taxes and buying more goods . another fact is you seem to be taking the position women should remain at home like good lil babymakers .
and the last fact pointed out it should be a work issue long delt with so i give failing grade on the bclibs concern for women in this province

Considering I'm a man that takes care of my kids without available daycare and manages to work just fine says you can shove your sexism right back up where BS like that belongs.

Cheap/free daycare is not a manageable program. Get over it. The sexism isn't a card, it's in 90% of your posts.

GordonH wrote:I'm a guy, I think why put those feet that you need for rest of your life though that torture. Because in their senior years that could come back to bit them in the as :cuss:

Its not worth it

I can't understand those damn things myself. The entire purpose is to make a butt look better and are brutal. If there are people who like wearing em, go for it, however ow ow ow.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

yes well your experiance is just that yours . but if you think there are not parents out there that need it your sadly mistaken and it will be a election issue . why do you support women having to stay home ?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I doubt that this will be the #1 issue in the election campaign but good on Christy Clark. No one should be forced to wear high-heel shoes as a condition of employment. She has the majority with her.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Has Work Safe BC weighed in on the high heel issue?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Headline should read Clark supports and funds Green party.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Barney Google wrote:Has Work Safe BC weighed in on the high heel issue?

They've recently issued a bulletin.
https://www.worksafebc.com/en/resources ... =low+heels
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It is discrimination based on sex to require female employees to wear high heels, short skirts and tight tops.

http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/iv-human-right ... 6Sue5.dpuf
I've worked in a couple of places that had a dress code but I feel for the girls that are having foot problems because of high heels. I read on one site that there would be an outcry if animals were forced to wearing anything that could cause harm (i.e. carriage horses) not that that is a fair assessment.
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

It appears this Christy Clark support was pretty meaningless becasue the private member bill died when the house adjourned
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 17th, 2017, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Urbane wrote:I doubt that this will be the #1 issue in the election campaign but good on Christy Clark. No one should be forced to wear high-heel shoes as a condition of employment. She has the majority with her.

Christy Clark could come out publicly opposed to cancer, and the resident Casta-commie NDP lovers here would somehow find a way to spin it to the negative, with accompanying blog links to NDP fart-catchers.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “B.C.”