BC has a new definition of Flip Flop

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC has a new definition of Flip Flop

Post by maryjane48 »

alas but the data tech is looking at i also locked at. thrns out on that page they talked about a study from a right wing study group . but they never lived in bc and i did . also companies that had a hisdyfit because the tax free jiyride was over and left . i say goodriddence as corruption should be stamped out like a bad disease .
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

a quick (cut and paste) google search of your claim that bankruptcy more than double produce absolutely nothing to support your claim.

Your claim about GDP again false..have a quick read of the first thing that came up on google search

http://news.ubc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2 ... rmance.pdf

What I have seen of your blind hate for the NDP is you make a lot of stuff up.

It's like you hear tell of the NDP on here and you go running into the streets screaming like your hair is aflame.

again I am not looking to change your vote, you are a BC Liberal that is quite evident, try slowing your roll on the made up stuff though it shreds your credibility when fact checked.

Old Techie wrote:First the only caps lock I see is yours. [icon_lol2.gif]

Second legitimate data has been provided.

Third there's also this site called Statistics Canada that lets you go and dig up any data that you wish.

Under the NDP's 1990-1999 bankruptcy rate went from 1.2 to 2.9. That would be more than double.

At the end of the NDP's rule it stood at 3.0 for approx less than decade into the Liberals reign (which includes the crash of 2008) yet noticeably enough no spike which one might well expect during an economic crash.

Since 2010 that rate has steadily declined to where it now sits at 1.5

Another important statistic you might wish to look up is GDP which during the NDP years sent BC right to the bottom. So badly in fact that we only generated 1/3rd of the second last losers score.

Those stats are a good indication of economic health, and clearly the Liberals smoked the NDP in those categories.

That's also not anecdotal it's verifiable data at statscan, though it has also been posted a few times. It gets difficult to sometimes recall where though, when the NDP diehards begin so many Liberal bashing threads.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:a quick (cut and paste) google search of your claim that bankruptcy more than double produce absolutely nothing to support your claim.

How about you go check out the official keeper of records for Canada, which would be StatsCan.

I tend to trust them as they are unbiased.

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:What I have seen of your blind hate for the NDP is you make a lot of stuff up.

You're confusing me with your camp, the type that posts how BC only grew by 2,000 people or so one year, because the true growth rate gave a projection that didn't suit the narrative.

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:again I am not looking to change your vote, you are a BC Liberal that is quite evident

You know what they say about aSSumptions, goes double when they're incorrect. [icon_lol2.gif]

Then again you're on a roll, so may as well continue with the alternative facts.

Oh BTW would you mind explaining why BC's credit rating was lowered twice under the NDP? Or are you going to ignore that reality just like all the others?
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

again on the page you looked techie stats can repeated what right wing think tank had to say . its biased and statscan did not endorse it. they just provided the results of a biased report .

yiu want conjdcture to be true in the face of facts that point to the right conclusion of things were ok and bc was doing fine .
Mr_Mrs_Wolf
Fledgling

Post by Mr_Mrs_Wolf »

Are you lending us to believe you actually understand (how to interpret with caution) the predicted use of econometric tools and the use of numbered macroeconomic variables that are used to predict forward moving downgrades or upgrades???

or are you in fact just regurgitating your bias anti NDP propaganda without even understanding what you are talking about or what it even means or how it impacts a province. All I ever hear is a sound bite echo with a tired old argument "i know you are but what am I"
put some effort into it man...

Old Techie wrote:
Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:a quick (cut and paste) google search of your claim that bankruptcy more than double produce absolutely nothing to support your claim.

How about you go check out the official keeper of records for Canada, which would be StatsCan.

I tend to trust them as they are unbiased.

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:What I have seen of your blind hate for the NDP is you make a lot of stuff up.

You're confusing me with your camp, the type that posts how BC only grew by 2,000 people or so one year, because the true growth rate gave a projection that didn't suit the narrative.

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:again I am not looking to change your vote, you are a BC Liberal that is quite evident

You know what they say about aSSumptions, goes double when they're incorrect. [icon_lol2.gif]

Then again you're on a roll, so may as well continue with the alternative facts.

Oh BTW would you mind explaining why BC's credit rating was lowered twice under the NDP? Or are you going to ignore that reality just like all the others?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Mr_Mrs_Wolf wrote:
or are you in fact just regurgitating your bias anti NDP propaganda

I like how people stating actual facts about how bad the NDP truly were when they formed government in the 1990's are accused of being "Biased" and spreading "anti-NDP propaganda". How Orwellian. Here's one thing the NDP needs to learn (and never will), learn some humility. Be able to say "yeah we screwed up", and "We should have done things a lot better" etc. etc. But no no no, it's always someone else's fault, or "right wing sources that are lying". No one is falling for this stuff. The NDP were just plain brutal. They had no clue what they were doing. And they were turfed 77-2. They don't deserve our votes and never will deserve our votes, at least, until they look inward and realize that their policies are silly, their ideology is failed, and it's time to completely reinvent themselves into something resembling a political party that actually wants to win, and actually knows how to govern.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

The NDP left the BC Liberals with a $53 million surplus and Campbell and Christy turned it into a $168 Billion debt. Even if you don't want to count the $102+Billion in contractual obligations, it will take years to pay down.

Furthermore, would you like me to remind you of the smarmy method Campbell used to unseat Gordon Wilson and take over the REAL BC Liberal party, then drag along all the washed-up Socreds, Cons, Reform/Alliance party members, and proceed to use his a well-oiled MSM to aid and abet him in his quest to discredit the NDP?

Don't try to deny it. It's all been well-documented. All you have to know is how to use a search engine.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

lasnomadas wrote:The NDP left the BC Liberals with a $53 million surplus .

Really. So then why were they wiped out? Are you going to keep up this deliberate obtuse thing? Wake up. Time to get some humility and stop trying to cover the stench of the last NDP government. Just admit they were bad. And that they've learned and will do things differently. Show SOME humility, instead of treating everyone like they are the dumb ones. That hasn't worked for four elections now, and won't work for number five either.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

lasnomadas wrote:Don't try to deny it. It's all been well-documented. All you have to know is how to use a search engine.

How would you know? You've already confessed in another thread that you don't have time to read stuff.

Plenty of time to attack others with fake news though apparently.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

lasnomadas wrote:The NDP left the BC Liberals with a $53 million surplus and Campbell and Christy turned it into a $168 Billion debt. Even if you don't want to count the $102+Billion in contractual obligations, it will take years to pay down.
When the NDP left office in 2001 the provincial debt was $33.8 billion. The $53 million surplus you mention is likely the yearly surplus in the NDP's final budget. I have no idea how you come with a debt now of $168 billion.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

When the NDP left office in 2001 the provincial debt was $33.8 billion. The $53 million surplus you mention is likely the yearly surplus in the NDP's final budget. I have no idea how you come with a debt now of $168 billion.

Meanwhile, B.C.’s total debt is projected to increase by more than $2 billion in the coming fiscal year, to $68 billion. By 2019, the province’s total debt is expected to reach $72 billion. Spending this year is projected to reach $47.5 billion, with hefty increases allotted to health and social services.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... e-and-take

So the Liberal government over their tenure has increased total debt by over double what the NDP had in 1999, it does not take into account future debt - which some claim is not debt because it doesn't have to be paid now... but sometime in the future.. There is $102 BILLION in contractual obligations that is not mentioned. It's like leasing a car.... 4-year lease agreements are not treated as debt, but if you don't pay the lease payments, your 'debt' to the company is REAL.

The rules are set to change in 2019 where companies and corporations will have to disclose their future obligations (leases of airplanes, equipment, etc) and reflect those costs on their bottom line. I am presuming that the same rules will apply to governments,

A total debt obligation of $168 BILLION is exactly what we are looking at under the ChristyLiberals. Scarey!!!
Chill
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Lol complains of debt . Pulls for the new Democrats. Name one thing they would do tomorrow that could or would slash debt
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Renegotiate IPP contracts for a start.
Cut the per vehicle costs to drive the Sea to Sky Highway paid to the contractor. Same with Port Mann.
Optimize oversight on mining, pipelines and actually enforce cleanup costs to polluters instead of billing taxpayers.
Consider the pending lawsuits that presently proliferate and abandon those that are ridiculous.
Bring BC Hydro back to an independent entity as opposed to an politically influenced onerous burden - get rid of all the Liberals in that corrupt entity and turn it back into a public utility that actually operates in the best interests of the residents of BC.
Those are just start issues. There are many, many more if you care to look (doubtful).
Chill
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Jflem1983 wrote:Lol complains of debt . Pulls for the new Democrats. Name one thing they would do tomorrow that could or would slash debt

Many people sign up for 3 year phone or TV contracts. Luckily all NDP supporters report this as a deficit in their household for the entirety of the cost when applying for house and other loans.........oh wait they don't, and yet use that math on government commitments.

That is the flip flop mentality that the NDP embodies, but don't worry, it's only others that should be judged, not themselves.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:
Bring BC Hydro back to an independent entity as opposed to an politically influenced onerous burden - .

The NDP's union mentality ensures that BC Hydro will never be an independent entity and instead will be even more of an onerous burden as they hire thousands of their fellow minions on the government and Hydro payrolls to sit and do nothing and collect their six-figure salaries and eventually their gold-plated pensions. I would expect that the BC NDP's first order of business will be to put in the same legislation their Nova Scotia NDP counter-parts did and "bargain" the right of all BC employees to never be fired for any reason for the entire course of their government careers, an innovation in labour relations that only the NDP could ever justify or offer in their endless quest to completely screw the taxpayers.

Return to “B.C.”