Re: Newspapers beholden to special interests

Post by Urban Cowboy »

^^^ Perhaps not but I'll bet La La Land is your favorite movie. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

Didn't watch it , nor do I intend to. Haven't watched a musical since "Grease". [icon_lol2.gif]
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Why bother watching it when you live there! [icon_lol2.gif]
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Some lieberal trolls only come out at election time.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Old Techie wrote:^^^ Perhaps not but I'll bet La La Land is your favorite movie. [icon_lol2.gif]

im willing to bet yours is rock horror picture show :biggrin:
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

More than 50 Postmedia employees handed layoff notices at Vancouver Sun and Province

By Paula Baker

WATCH: The latest round of job cuts has been announced at Vancouver’s two main daily newspapers. As Jordan Armstrong reports, it’s the latest blow to a struggling industry.

- A A +
Listen
Vancouver’s media industry is undergoing some major changes with 54 employees being handed their layoff notices at the Vancouver Sun and Province on Friday.

The layoffs at Postmedia includes 29 journalists.

For its full financial year, Postmedia said it lost $352.5 million or $1.25 per share on $877.2 million in revenue. In the previous year, it lost $263.4 million or $1.98 per diluted share on $750.3 million in revenue.

Postmedia has not responded to Global News’ request for a comment.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3333186/more- ... -province/

It's a pity that these people find themselves out of a job but essentially they have done it to themselves under the direction of the owners who direct what and when issues are addressed.

When the public wants news of political interest, reporters are directed to either 'soft pedal' or ignore anything that smacks of criticism' of the ruling party (the ChristyLiberals) or go hard on the Opposition. Too bad they were forced to prostitute themselves for a paycheque.

But happy to see the Sun and Province reduced to an advertising rag for the ChristyLiberals!!
Chill
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

I've noticed that my social media is now filled with Lieberal ads patting themselves on the back and now Castanet has it's lieberal trolls. Funny how only during election times a poster like tech come on board never to be heard from again after the election. Didn't work last time on me, won't work this time.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

mr.bandaid wrote:I've noticed that my social media is now filled with Lieberal ads patting themselves on the back and now Castanet has it's lieberal trolls. Funny how only during election times a poster like tech come on board never to be heard from again after the election. Didn't work last time on me, won't work this time.

tech is actually quite influential , I know of a few people who were gonna vote Liberal , but came to there senses after reading all his posts , and then fact checking the content.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

I've never been that passionate about a cause that I would come on social media whether paid or unpaid to try and push an agenda. I guess some people/parties will stop at nothing.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

mr.bandaid wrote:I've noticed that my social media is now filled with Lieberal ads patting themselves on the back and now Castanet has it's lieberal trolls. Funny how only during election times a poster like tech come on board never to be heard from again after the election. Didn't work last time on me, won't work this time.

So I guess by that statement, the only significant difference, is that the NDP trolls are here all the time. :biggrin:

Oh and it did work last time, perhaps not on you, but a lot of misguided NDP fans voted Liberal. [icon_lol2.gif]
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

So if people are merely pointing out that the NDP is weak on some points (and they are) then they are "Liebral trolls". If they refuse to explain why the NDP should get my vote, and instead just point at Christy Clark, they are virtuous and awesome human beings. Sorry, this didn't work on me last time, won't work on me this time.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

gordon_as wrote:
tech is actually quite influential , I know of a few people who were gonna vote Liberal , but came to there senses after reading all his posts , and then fact checking the content.

How do you define "coming to their senses"? They are now voting Conservative? There is no way they would come to their senses voting for anyone else, that's for sure.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

"Special interests" on this thread seem to be limited to those who try to defend the incompetence and corruption of the BC Liberals. Those who defend the NDP, Greens, Libertarians, etc. are bombarded with rude, insensitive, and particularly ridiculous 'arguments'.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Old Techie wrote:
So I guess by that statement, the only significant difference, is that the NDP trolls are here all the time. :biggrin:

Oh and it did work last time, perhaps not on you, but a lot of misguided NDP fans voted Liberal. [icon_lol2.gif]

If you can show me a post of mine where I have mentioned that I support the NDP. I don't think you will find one.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
So if people are merely pointing out that the NDP is weak on some points (and they are) then they are "Liebral trolls". If they refuse to explain why the NDP should get my vote, and instead just point at Christy Clark, they are virtuous and awesome human beings. Sorry, this didn't work on me last time, won't work on me this time.

I merely pointed out that during an election run is the only time some posters end up posting here not to mention all the crap on my Facebook. as for you and Rwebe, you seem to have me labeled an NDP supporter but if you could show me one of my post where I come out in favour of the NDP I would love to see it. My MLA is Christ Clark. I think I am entitled to an opinion on her both as an MLA and a premier. Sorry it doesn't jive with you and your Castabullies opinion of her and the liberals.

Return to “B.C.”