What's a "Bungalow"?

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: What's a "Bungalow"?

Post by Glacier »

I don't remember hearing the word "hoodie" until about the mid-1990s. We just called them sweat shirts when I was a kid.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

As for the bungalow, my understanding is that old people don't like stairs because they're such sissies (or maybe it's because stairs are hard on old knees), so they want houses without basements and without a 2nd floor. Hence the reason you see Realtor listings for "ranchers" or "bungalows."

Unfortunately, the link of the previous page shows multistory houses, and calls them bungalows. Those aren't bungalows in Canada.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Jonrox wrote:
Queen K wrote:So, are you going to tell us what a "bunnyhug" is? For those of us BC born of course.

When I first heard the term "hoodie", I had no idea what people were talking about. I didn't realize everyone didn't call them bunnyhugs. Just one of many quirks us prairie folk have!

Kinda like how u would never see an old ford car with running boards rite. Well that's common in sask . Mud up to the wheel well . U would want running boards too .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Jflem1983 wrote:Kinda like how u would never see an old ford car with running boards rite. Well that's common in sask . Mud up to the wheel well . U would want running boards too .

Paul St. Pierre, in his book "Breaking Smith's Quarter Horse," calls the clay mud "loon sh**." It was required reading in grade 11.
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote:Paul St. Pierre, in his book "Breaking Smith's Quarter Horse," calls the clay mud "loon sh**." It was required reading in grade 11.

Was that a book about the BC election?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Glacier wrote:As for the bungalow, my understanding is that old people don't like stairs because they're such sissies (or maybe it's because stairs are hard on old knees), so they want houses without basements and without a 2nd floor. Hence the reason you see Realtor listings for "ranchers" or "bungalows."

Unfortunately, the link of the previous page shows multistory houses, and calls them bungalows. Those aren't bungalows in Canada.

Yes. We are sissies
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You're a sissy. I'm practical. Ha!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Glacier wrote:I'm filling out an application, and it asks if I live in a bungalow, but I have no idea what that is. Sounds fancy.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the answer. It's a synonym for a "rancher."

A Bungalow is a single story home with basement. It is a Saskatchewan term... LOL.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:You're a sissy. I'm practical. Ha!

I make $50,000 per month with my meth lab going 24 hours per day in my basement. Now who's the practical one how?
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glacier, you never did tell us what you applied for...hmmmmmm

Breaking Bad has already been made you know that right?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Jonrox wrote:I don't remember hearing the term "rancher" until I moved to BC. Bungalow was the term I knew in the prairies.

Until I moved to Alberta in my early 20's, I also didn't realize that most people outside of Saskatchewan don't know what a "bunnyhug" is.

I'd guess you lived north of Regina. People south never heard that term, they called them hoodies.

Prince Albert born here, it's a bunnyhug. I drank Vico, not chocolate milk also.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:That is crazy..we had Indian Sweaters.. But they had a zipper.. Like a jacket..
Probably good in the rain, but useless in the wind or on a bike..

Saskatchewan called them siwash, here they called them Cowichan sweaters.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

So, is this a rancher or a bunglaow? https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Sing ... bia-V0E2G2
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:crazy: What did you apply for damn it!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

*Deletes before ferri does*
Last edited by Glacier on Apr 18th, 2017, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “B.C.”