Terrace company sues mine for money owed

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Terrace company sues mine for money owed

Post by maryjane48 »

Bear Creek Contracting of Terrace is suing the owners of a nearly-completed gold mine north of here and one of its subcontractors for $14.5 million for work performed last year.

The money was spent to accelerate construction of concrete foundations for 171 transmission line towers over 57 kilometres to connect the Brucejack gold mine owned by Pretium Resources with the provincial power grid.

Bear Creek had a working arrangement with Rokstad Power, the company hired by Pretium to build the transmission line, to put in the foundations, said Bear Creek owner Ian Munson today in a news conference.

But it was then asked by Pretium itself to accelerate the foundation work, which began in April 2016, so that the line could be finished before winter arrived, he said.

“We hired extra resources, extra equipment,” said Munson in adding that Bear Creek ramped up its workforce by 30 per cent to have 135 people on the project so it could be completed before winter.

He said Bear Creek received continued assurances from both Pretium and Rokstad it would be compensated for expenses incurred through the accelerated scope of work.

http://www.terracestandard.com/news/420392503.html

looks like some drama shaping up by my home town :smt045
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Terrace company sues mine for money owed

Post by maryjane48 »

i know the family that ownes bearcreek .they do solid work and have other clients coming to speak on their behalf
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

will clark stand up for a local bc co.pany or the big mine company ? :smt045 im going with the latter
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

maryjane48 wrote:will clark stand up for a local bc co.pany or the big mine company ? :smt045 im going with the latter

What makes you think she has any say over the matter? Are you implying that she's in charge of the legal system or something?

I also wonder how a company that is able to do a job this big doesn't know how to cover their butts. Sounds like they had a verbal agreement only. Who risks millions of dollars on a verbal agreement? I guess we'll need to wait for the court proceedings to find the details. I do feel bad for the company and hope they get what's owed.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

one half the company paid up . its the main company that is being obtuse .

as for clark shes the one runn8ng around claiming to care so much for local bc jobs . the balls in her court . brucejack can afford to pay what they owe . bearcreek will be in trouble if they dont get paid for the work they did which was no cakewalk . setting them cement pads up on mountain and hill tops is brutal work .
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

maryjane48 wrote:one half the company paid up . its the main company that is being obtuse .

as for clark shes the one runn8ng around claiming to care so much for local bc jobs . the balls in her court . brucejack can afford to pay what they owe . bearcreek will be in trouble if they dont get paid for the work they did which was no cakewalk . setting them cement pads up on mountain and hill tops is brutal work .

This has nothing to due with Clark. She would have no business sticking her nose into this matter, period.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

maryjane48 wrote:one half the company paid up . its the main company that is being obtuse .

Since when would the Government of a Province get involved in a litigious matter between two companies? I understand it's a lot of money, but in reality, that's like them getting involved with the mechanic down the street that is owed $50.00 for an oil change and the customer isn't paying. Not the place of Government to get involved.

The only involvement I could possibly see would be a bail out of Brucejack so they can pay the contractor, but even that's iffy.

Return to “B.C.”