Kinder Morgan?

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Kinder Morgan?

Post by bob vernon »

The smart investors have started to bail on this project. Even on day one. Despite Justin, Christie, Alberta's Rachel, and Saskatchewan's Bradster all insisting that the project will go ahead, cuz "it has Federal approval", the value of the Initial Public Offer of this stock started trending downward as soon as it was released.

Why? Because despite Christie vacating provincial responsibility on this issue, the NDP and Green coalition can still put the brakes on the project, no matter how much Kinder Morgan wants the project. Every provincial responsibility can be thrown at Kinder Morgan. Increased inspections, paid for by KM. Increased taxation on pipeline right of way. Higher, much higher, even ridiculously higher, provincial standards for every step of the project.
spooker

Re: Kinder Morgan?

Post by spooker »

I'm glad to see this result as I don't feel this project is in the best interests of anyone besides Kinder Morgan and the other corporations that are pulling the material out of the ground ...

I'm sorry Alberta but we need to think responsibly about more than our economy ... pain now for a better life down the road with more diversification

Yes, some of my friends were affected negatively by the downturn of the oil prices ... they've moved on ...

Can someone explain why the federal government still claims this is the best thing to do based on the evidence? is there something that I'm missing? how does this help the environment?

"It's been taken by the federal government. It was taken by a federal government that was committed to balancing and driving towards two goals at the same time: environmental sustainability and economic growth on behalf of the whole country."

Notley from this article today: https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/198256/Notley-Mark-my-words
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Once Keystone XL oil pipeline gets going Alberta bitumen will be flowing South & Rachel Notley may not give a damn if Kinder Morgan gets going.

Because Rachel wants Alberta jobs to grow

Added later: I'm not saying I am for or against pipelines
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I'm for them, because for the time being and probably a long time oil is going to flow for many more reasons than the automobile. remove anything from your life that has petroleum products in it or used by it and see what I mean. Pipelines gallon for gallon are by far the safest way to move oil. Also it takes a ton of large truck traffic off our roads which is a good thing in many ways. It's a simple as that to me.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I am all for a pipeline that allows chocolate eggs with toy to flow.
Or bitumen, I'm easy.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I support oilfield jobs . Those guys work hard. I used to work on the drilling rigs . That's serious work . Whatever you think of oil. You can't fault the guys out there making a living . To deny this pipeline is so silly. We need more pipelines . Did you know ... each house that is on natural gas . Has a pipeline running right into it . How scary right . Lol . So please if you are against this pipeline. Go turn off your gas valve this winter . Heat your home with solar . Or wind . Please . Do it for safety and for butterflies.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Smurf wrote:I'm for them, because for the time being and probably a long time oil is going to flow for many more reasons than the automobile. remove anything from your life that has petroleum products in it or used by it and see what I mean. Pipelines gallon for gallon are by far the safest way to move oil. Also it takes a ton of large truck traffic off our roads which is a good thing in many ways. It's a simple as that to me.

any plastic can be made from hemp oil . your wrong again :smt045 and any thing else. your argument is baseless and pointless . oils done just like your drug war
spooker

Post by spooker »

Jflem1983 wrote:I support oilfield jobs . Those guys work hard. I used to work on the drilling rigs . That's serious work . Whatever you think of oil. You can't fault the guys out there making a living . To deny this pipeline is so silly. We need more pipelines . Did you know ... each house that is on natural gas . Has a pipeline running right into it . How scary right . Lol . So please if you are against this pipeline. Go turn off your gas valve this winter . Heat your home with solar . Or wind . Please . Do it for safety and for butterflies.

I'd never fault the guys out in the field, they're doing the job they were asked to do.

And no, I don't deny that much of our materials are developed from oil products. Used to design VDUs back in the early-90s and being able to fraction everything out efficiently was the whole reason for our endeavours.

But I question the need for "more and more" ...

p.s. good fun with the natgas request [icon_lol2.gif]
khutchi
Fledgling

Post by khutchi »

Kinder Morgan
Short Term <10 years : Benefits BC a lot
Long Term : Benefits Alberta, Exposes us for no benefit
Long Long Term: Everyone Loses
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

bob vernon wrote:The smart investors have started to bail on this project. Even on day one. Despite Justin, Christie, Alberta's Rachel, and Saskatchewan's Bradster all insisting that the project will go ahead, cuz "it has Federal approval", the value of the Initial Public Offer of this stock started trending downward as soon as it was released.

Why? Because despite Christie vacating provincial responsibility on this issue, the NDP and Green coalition can still put the brakes on the project, no matter how much Kinder Morgan wants the project. Every provincial responsibility can be thrown at Kinder Morgan. Increased inspections, paid for by KM. Increased taxation on pipeline right of way. Higher, much higher, even ridiculously higher, provincial standards for every step of the project.

More than one reason to bail. Their 'dog and pony' for investors is probably just as big a joke as this quickly wallpapered story was. :laugh:

http://www.fitzhugh.ca/trans-mountains- ... -the-line/
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I'd say Rex nailed it.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

:up:
f/22 wrote:

:up:
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

The oil will move to markets regardless if the KM 2nd pipe gets build. Railways are, and will be, happy to move it.
I'd rather it move by pipe than rail, but move it will, no matter how much the anti's protest.

I'm sure hemp oil is fantastic, but seriously, you expect it to replace dino oil?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “B.C.”