Driving Ban for Leadfoot....

dle
Lord of the Board

Driving Ban for Leadfoot....

Post by dle »

This defies all common sense:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#201127

We are turning into the most stupid country on the planet when it comes to law enforcement and this article brings it home once again....guy's license should be immediately and forever revoked, huge fine, car impounded and sold and money given to a worthy cause, no ifs, and's or but's. But no, authorities will consider this and that, impound for 60 days, etc etc.

The laws in Canada are "no,let's wait til somebody gets killed by some other moron's actions, THEN we will THINK about doing something.

Stupid, stupid, stupid....
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Driving Ban for Leadfoot....

Post by jimmy4321 »

Should NEVER get a license to drive again - Evidently cash isn't an issue maybe he can hire a driver.

Our Country is as it's always been.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

jail time ,nothing less
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Impound the car and crush it in front of him. Otherwise sell it( not back to him) and donate the funds.

10 year ban on driving at a minimum and a decent fine that likely would still be less that his visa limit.
I suspect we will hear a bunch of belly aching from him and daddy in September at the court date....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

dle wrote:This defies all common sense:

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#201127

We are turning into the most stupid country on the planet when it comes to law enforcement and this article brings it home once again....guy's license should be immediately and forever revoked, huge fine, car impounded and sold and money given to a worthy cause, no ifs, and's or but's. But no, authorities will consider this and that, impound for 60 days, etc etc.

The laws in Canada are "no,let's wait til somebody gets killed by some other moron's actions, THEN we will THINK about doing something.

Stupid, stupid, stupid....

How about we see what happens ? So far the police have impounded the subject vehicle and the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles has extended the impoundment for a further 23 days, for a total of 30 days.

All of this has taken place before the accused has been tried and convicted of anything. So, that's pretty good, so far.

Are you suggesting once an alleged offense passes a certain threshold of severity that we suspend the presumption of innocents and go straight to punishment ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Not much point in taking his license away because this moron is the type who would drive without one.
Jail time and loss of the car just for a start.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

If I had that car at 22, I'd be before the courts too.

Want to talk about common sense? Why are cars like that manufactured for street use?
Oh? Because you can afford it? Bad apples spoil the bunch?

Common sense says there's no need for a, I&T, a top fuel race car in city streets.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

What_the wrote:If I had that car at 22, I'd be before the courts too.

Want to talk about common sense? Why are cars like that manufactured for street use?.

You are not alone with your first statement.
All my high school friends thought I would be dead by 30 for a reason.

I pretty much agree with you, todays cars should be electronically goverened. Then if there is a need for more speed ( like legal racing ) then by all means let the owner raise the limit for the event.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Hi my5cents.....this is not this idiot's first rodeo! He's already been nicked for the same thing not long ago so obviously the brain department is a tad spongy...... obviously isn't mature enough to be behind the wheel of a potentially lethal weapon so no sympathy here I'm afraid...
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

dle wrote:Hi my5cents.....this is not this idiot's first rodeo! He's already been nicked for the same thing not long ago so obviously the brain department is a tad spongy...... obviously isn't mature enough to be behind the wheel of a potentially lethal weapon so no sympathy here I'm afraid...

Oh, I have no simpathy for him at all.

In the system I respect, we just need to convict him before we take whatever (and hopefully very severe) action we can against him.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Laws are the same for everybody. If you take away someone's license away for life for one count of speeding, be prepared to see hundreds of people caught every day for speeding lose their vehicles. Just because somebody drives a nice vehicle doesn't mean there should be extra penalty for them in terms of jail, or crashing their car, or losing DL forever.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Even Steven - let's review:

1) its driver was allegedly caught going 210 km/h in a 60 zone.
2) same officer stopped the same driver for a similar offence on the bridge in April, and at that time the Ferrari was allegedly travelling at more than 130 km/h.

So, you call going 210 in a 60, and 130 in a 60, "speeding"? This is not speeding, this is dangerous driving at the very least.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

dle wrote:So, you call going 210 in a 60, and 130 in a 60, "speeding"? This is not speeding, this is dangerous driving at the very least.

I think the law is pretty clear on what charges can be thrown at somebody for doing 210 in 60. Police officers can't go around and arbitrary throw charges at people just because somebody is going very very fast as opposed to just fast and driving an expensive car instead of Yugo.

Law is the same for everybody.
spooker

Post by spooker »

One thing that makes a big difference as were seeing these days in court is "intent" ... if we just blanket yank licenses of stupid people there would be so many people on bicycles we wouldn't global ... oh wait! I like that ... sure, let's make all the idiots walk or ride bikes!!!

The recent case of the 35-year-old woman having sex with a 14-year-old getting tossed out ... "she didn't mean to"

The driver who killed the cyclist on Bernard 2 years ago ... "it's not murder because he didn't mean to do it"

People make mistakes, yes, pretty stupid ones at times ... but let's trust the intent first before getting judgemental, people *can* learn (saying this as I haven't been arrested in over 25 years now)
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

The one thing that I am wondering is how did the officer catch him at that speed. I don't believe that they are even allowed pursuing anyone at 210 for the safety of everyone.

Return to “B.C.”