NDP/Green to use tax money to maintain alliance

LordEd
Guru

NDP/Green to use tax money to maintain alliance

Post by LordEd »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3604913/bc-li ... -purposes/

A new government won’t be sworn in until Tuesday, but the BC Liberals are already alleging the New Democrats plan to inappropriately use public money for partisan purposes.

Vancouver-Quilchena MLA and outgoing Attorney General Andrew Wilkinson has filed a formal complaint with B.C.’s comptroller general Carl Fisher over the NDP’s planned “Confidence and Supply Agreement Secretariat.”

That office, charged with overseeing the power-sharing deal between the NDP and Green parties, is to be headed up by Donna Sanford and housed in the premier’s office.

In a letter written Monday, Wilkinson asked Fisher for his opinion on whether putting the secretariat in the premier’s office would constitute a misuse of public funds.

The letter points to public-service policies that forbid employees from engaging in political activities during working hours or from using government resources to support these activities.

“The intended role of the so-called secretariat facilitates the political needs of the BC NDP caucus in the Legislative Assembly,” reads the letter.

It goes on to suggest the secretariat should be funded by the NDP’s caucus office.

“It appears to be wholly inappropriate as a component of the office of British Columbia’s first minister and chief officer of the executive branch and inappropriate as a paid position for any member of the public service.”
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: NDP/Green to use tax money to maintain alliance

Post by Rwede »

Disgusting! NDP corruption and malfeasance is already happening!

They never paid back the $460,000 they misappropriated from Bains' office, either.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Did the NDP ever pay back that $2 million they misappropriated from Parliament funds for their satellite offices? I doubt it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

They are using funds to pay for government positions, shocker. This is not news unless they are spending 10's of millions more than the liberals to manage government.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The secretariat is not an appropriate use of taxpayers' money. Its purpose is to keep the Green-DP in power and has nothing to do with providing government services.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Did the NDP ever pay back that $2 million they misappropriated from Parliament funds for their satellite offices? I doubt it.

Nope.

They never paid back the money Stupich stole, either.

The NDP is vile corruption.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm going to let you guys in on a facebook site I found. It's called Proud BC and I believe it may have been founded by GB, not sure. ha ha. But this is an image I ripped from it. A long time ago I asked GB if he got his "green barbarian" handle from hating "green" anything and the fact that the NDP were labelled "barbarains" by Mike Milke. [icon_lol2.gif]

Here goes, a meme from Proud BC. You can't say a centerists never gave you guys anything :up:

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

I don't hate "Green" anything, I just dislike people who prevaricate purposely to screw over taxpayers, like deliberately over-stating dramatically the effects of CO2 in the atmosphere in order to push unsustainable and really bad ideas that cost billions and solve nothing. That just sucks and is horrible, and these people should be ashamed of themselves. How many times is Greenpeace going to caught lying and doctoring photos in order to push a false narrative? How many times are they going to send brain-washed sycophants to get arrested on oil rigs??

Anyway, to stay on topic, my name is a play on my favorite super-hero, the Incredible Hulk. And yeah, I tend to be a barbarian toward environmental lunatics who can't do math and get triggered every time anyone might suggest there are alternatives to their junk science and doom-saying predictions of the future. So it works that way too! :)
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Imagine for a moment that Andrew Weaver had respected historical convention and worked with the party that finished first. Then imagine that Christy Clark had created a "secretariat," at taxpayers' expense, with the sole purpose of helping to keep the Liberals in power. Do you think the NDP'ers on here would be silent as they are now about Horgan's secretariat? LOL! One thing we can rely on in the coming months: There will be no shortage of hypocrisy!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Urbane wrote:Imagine for a moment that Andrew Weaver had respected historical convention and worked with the party that finished first. Then imagine that Christy Clark had created a "secretariat," at taxpayers' expense, with the sole purpose of helping to keep the Liberals in power. Do you think the NDP'ers on here would be silent as they are now about Horgan's secretariat? LOL! One thing we can rely on in the coming months: There will be no shortage of hypocrisy!

Every move the Green-Lib alliance would have made would have been screamed about on the pages of the Tyee by Bill (I heart communism) Tieleman, Laura what's her name, and the rest of the NDP blogger crew that gets cut and pasted here regularly. Now, not a word out of these dorks. It's such disgusting hypocrisy, just gross.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:Imagine for a moment that Andrew Weaver had respected historical convention and worked with the party that finished first. Then imagine that Christy Clark had created a "secretariat," at taxpayers' expense, with the sole purpose of helping to keep the Liberals in power. Do you think the NDP'ers on here would be silent as they are now about Horgan's secretariat? LOL! One thing we can rely on in the coming months: There will be no shortage of hypocrisy!

There's already been no shortage of hypocrisy from the NDP zealots all along. The only difference I see now is that we will be drowning in it.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The sad part is that the Green platform has a number of well thought out, costed and budgeted ideas for improving the social fabric. Couple that with the Liberal's ability to actually make decisions and implement ideas - and the province would be much better off. The Liberals needed to pay more attention to the social fabric.

Now we have a bag full of ideologues that literally have never run a popcorn stand. No cohesive vision, no clue about about management, and they're going to make things better? [icon_lol2.gif]

Somebody tell me how an organic vineyard owner anti-GMO activist from Quadra Island is qualified to be Transport Minister? Really? Probably couldn't answer the question: "how many wheels on an 18-wheeler".
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

hobbyguy wrote:Somebody tell me how an organic vineyard owner anti-GMO activist from Quadra Island is qualified to be Transport Minister? Really? Probably couldn't answer the question: "how many wheels on an 18-wheeler".

Oh come on now hobbyguy cut her some slack, after all she did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one night. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

hobbyguy wrote:Somebody tell me how an organic vineyard owner anti-GMO activist from Quadra Island is qualified to be Transport Minister? Really? Probably couldn't answer the question: "how many wheels on an 18-wheeler".

I'll be sure to order my Tesla P100D with non-GMO rubber tires, just to keep her happy.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Hey, the NDP & Greens have a 2+ billion surplus to get rid of......this is just the start....
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Return to “B.C.”