Residents want answers

Because_They_Lie
Banned

Re: Residents want answers

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Cactusflower wrote:Why are you bringing up the Martin Mars again? Other than to stir the pot, that is. The topic is "Residents want answers" and what they want answered is, 'why does the BC Wildfire Service start controlled burns in a windstorm?'.

Unfortunately it is United Nations Agenda 21 & Agenda 30 - sustainable development.

Must disolve old model to institute new model.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 15th, 2017, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

*removed*
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Cactusflower wrote:Why are you bringing up the Martin Mars again? Other than to stir the pot, that is. The topic is "Residents want answers" and what they want answered is, 'why does the BC Wildfire Service start controlled burns in a windstorm?'.

No that's what you want answered
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

You're right. That is what I want answered. What do you want answered? Or are you happy with how this fire season was handled, and trust along with others on this thread that 'the authorities always know best'?
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Cactusflower wrote:You're right. That is what I want answered. What do you want answered? Or are you happy with how this fire season was handled, and trust along with others on this thread that 'the authorities always know best'?

I think that people trained in fighting forest fire are a heck of a lot more qualified than you or I. Yes mistakes do get made, and conditions such as wind can change in an instant. You or I are in no position to armchair quarterback the attack on a forest fire. Fighting against Mother Nature is tough because you will never win, hopefully just slow her down enough till she gives up and rains.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Which is what just happened for much of B.C. anyway, thank heavens.........or should I say "thank Mother Nature"?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

You asked about my "ample evidence" and I answered. It's called discussion.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Because_They_Lie wrote:Unfortunately it is United Nations Agenda 21 & Agenda 30 - sustainable development.

Who let the conspiracy sheep in?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The Martin Mars has been discussed to death, fluffy. The fire season is almost over and it remains to be seen what changes will be made in the fire-fighting arsenal next season. Until then I see no reason to further discuss that aspect of this thread.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Cactusflower wrote:The Martin Mars has been discussed to death, fluffy.

Yes it has, with ample evidence supplied as to why it isn't being used, yet there are many who still cleave to the idea that it is the be all and end all of waterbombers. As long as there are those who advocate wasteful use of taxpayers' dollars I will continue to speak against it. Whether or not you choose to participate is your choice of course, but you'll have no success stifling me and my big mouth. :)
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^ Obviously.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

The ndp hackers know more[in their minds] then the front line fire fighters, you have to believe that some people are just brain washed :biggrin:
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Who said anything about the front line fire fighters? That's not who I was referring to. Some of us can determine the difference between the fire fighters and the people they work for.

I used to be a bank teller. There were a lot of customers who were angry with the bank and its policies, but they never took it out on me. Now do you get it?

Return to “B.C.”