Weaver wants inquiry into bridge costs

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Weaver wants inquiry into bridge costs

Post by hobbyguy »

MJ - you entirely missed my point.

Ask yourself this: should the government focus on political vendettas or should the government focus on taking the province forward?

I raised the question of health care. Ask people out there if they think their access to health care is good enough. Overwhelmingly the answer is no.

Solving those kinds of issues is what we elect politicians to do. Charging off and wasting time, money and effort on an inquiry into something that is done and dusted doesn't fit with moving the province forward.

Then ask yourself this: if a CBC reporter could find this "dirt" (if it is real) - why couldn't your beloved NDP in opposition? After all, one end of the bridge lands in Burnaby - where the mayor is an avowed NDP stalwart and who's wife was an NDP MLA at the time? Surely if there was indeed something going on, Derek and Cathy would have known.

So do you want a government that is mired in muck raking over the past, or a government that is really working to move the province forward?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:What kind of people don't want fraud, theft, and general corruption to be discovered and punished?

We all do. However asking the NDP to find it is like asking the guy cleaning the toilets at the hospital to step in and perform brain surgery. The NDP is not the party to be tasked with "finding corruption", whatever the hell that even means. They are far too stupid.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:no we just like pointing out your hypocrasy and disdain for the hardworking taxpayers of bc :smt045

I think that the only people who have disdain for hard-working taxpayers of BC are the NDP. Just look at the idiotic taxpayer cash wasted on gaining intervener status with the KM pipeline. What a bunch of idiotic bozos. The NDP is a disgrace.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I think that the only people who have disdain for hard-working taxpayers of BC are the NDP. Just look at the idiotic taxpayer cash wasted on gaining intervener status with the KM pipeline. What a bunch of idiotic bozos. The NDP is a disgrace.
i think you have it backwards, the disgrace is wasting money on a dead industry instead of embracing the future :130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote: i think you have it backwards, the disgrace is wasting money on a dead industry instead of embracing the future :130:

You mean like wasting it on solar and wind power? Because if that's what you mean by dead industry you are 100% correct.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The Green Barbarian wrote:My, my......methinks I have touched a raw nerve or two, or three or more. This always happens when the BC NDP get caught with their hands in the cookie jar. All of a sudden the fan club comes out in full force to try to defend the indefensible. It's really quite amusing to those who witness it on a regular basis.

I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the Horgan/Weaver tag team implode as Weaver sees the true level of evil scum he has gotten into bed with.

Did you hear what Weaver had to say about the BC Libs in general, and Rich Coleman in particular in the Ledge today? I don't think Weaver's going to be joining Team Coleman any time soon, do you? Weaver, unlike most politicians calls them the way he sees them; no worries about political correctness, he says what he thinks.

Sure, he's going to disagree with Horgan from time to time, but on the most important things they make a great team.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
Sure, he's going to disagree with Horgan from time to time, but on the most important things they make a great team.

I agree, when it comes to killing thousands of jobs and the economy in general, you couldn't ask for a better team. It truly is a match made in hell.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Oh no. This must be fake leftist news. If they accepted money over the table, I wonder about under the table.

https://thinkpol.ca/2017/09/07/christy- ... ld-bridge/
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The usual suspects must still be reading the above link almost 10 hours after it was posted. Quite a lot to digest, I guess. Of course Weaver wants an inquiry into the bridge costs, and when we get the results of that inquiry, we can start another, and another, and another, beginning with the sale of BC Rail. Former Auditor General John Doyle was about to delve into that boondoggle when he mysteriously returned to Australia.

I don't care how long it takes or how many of my tax dollars are spent on these fraudulent deals we've had to take from the previous government. I want them to pay for their greedy, self-serving, taxpayer dollar-sucking actions. I want our money back.

Return to “B.C.”