Therapy dog shot by moron

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Therapy dog shot by moron

Post by Queen K »

No one knows if the dog was on a deer or taking a pee.

Seriously, the hunter can't tell a dog from a wolf? And just because you see a dog, do you automatically shoot it? No.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.change.org/p/sea-to-sky-res ... t=ex5%3Av3

Sign the Petition please.

To prevent further hunting accidents of course.

You guys in? :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
srk

Post by srk »

I should make a go fund me page/ change petition for that lady to be fined the $1000 for breaking the law and getting her innocent dog killed. /endrant
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Did she get a fine?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

maryjane48 wrote:no one has to be anti hunting to know what the hunting laws in bc are. its literly in black in white and the non hunting population has sero special instructions to be placed on them during hunting season . theres no law requiring anyone or any pet to be painted orange during hunting season. its all on the hunters . i would go gold panning in fall during hunting season and there was no laws saying i had to do anything but not claim jump .

the regs are online easy to read

Easy to read maybe, but clearly not that easy to comprehend for some, or this discussion would have ended long ago.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Rwede wrote:Dogs can be off leash when pursuing game in accordance with the Hunting Regulations.

Dogs cannot be off leash and at large pursuing or hunting (aka "searching" as defined in the Wildlife Act) outside the Hunting Regulations.

The woman in question was not a licensed hunter, yet her dog was running free in a wildlife area. Therefore, she was breaking the law allowing her dog to roam free outside the Hunting Regulations.

LOOK regardless if she technically was breaking some goofy off leash law is not the point here;The point is some Dumb hunter
for absolutely no reason what so ever shoots a innocent dog that was in no way a danger to the hunter; its wrong its bad and he needs to be held accountable
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We still have a discussion because like any interpretation of any rules and regs, there are differing opinions on how to apply them.

Also, we don't know where the dog was or what it was doing, really. We have speculation on it was chasing a deer. Was it? Maybe it was headed back to it's owner.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

So far from what has been revealed, what we know is that the dog owner was in the wrong far more than the hunter.

If this was ICBC making a call they'd likely say 70/30 against the dog owner. She broke multiple rules it's really that simple.

She certainly wouldn't be the first person in the wrong, who attempts to flip the whole scenario around, and pin blame elsewhere. Even far more likely when you have a personal agenda that plays well into the events outcome.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes she did.

But the hunter was a moron for shooting a dog. A dog that looks nothing like a wolf.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

All I know is if this was me and it was my dog the SOB whom shot him would be in a world of hurt That I guarantee
this guy does not deserve to be or be called a hunter ,the guys a out and out brain dead moron whom in my opinion murdered a dog in cold blood and that's a fact based on the original story
the guy should be fined and relieved of his hunting license ;; we just do not need people like this *bleep* in todays society
this Dog owner was in no way in any wrong what so ever
:swear:
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Queen K wrote:Yes she did.

But the hunter was a moron for shooting a dog. A dog that looks nothing like a wolf.

I wasn't there to witness, but let's say the dog was in fact chasing a deer, which from all evidence so far seems very very plausible, then the hunter was within legal rights to shoot it even if he knew it was a dog. In that case not a moron at all.

Not saying he did know it was a dog, and will also add that from a distance it would not be hard to mistake the thing for a wolf.
Jaylegger

Post by Jaylegger »

srk, I've been searching but can't find any info on this except for what was posted 3 days ago and repeated for 2 days since. Curious about the source of your info. Her story sounded like BS to me a couple days ago and would like to know if your info is published somewhere or more local "in the know" type info.

thanks,
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Old Techie wrote:I wasn't there to witness, but let's say the dog was in fact chasing a deer, which from all evidence so far seems very very plausible, then the hunter was within legal rights to shoot it even if he knew it was a dog. In that case not a moron at all.

And then let's say he knew it was a wolf in a parking lot... And then let's make him a parrot. And now the dog is Christy Clark.

The dog was misidentified and shot by a hunter. The hunter stated that to conservation according to an article.

It doesn't matter if shooting an unleashed dog bothering/not bothering animals is legal or if in some idiotic fantasy parking lot. The posted article says the hunter admitted misidentification.

Hunter shot dog thinking it was a wolf. Tragedy.

Maybe wear a bright vest to protect from stupid hunters just like wearing a bright vest at night to protect from stupid drivers. Still hunters fault and still a dead dog.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Old Techie wrote:
Queen K wrote:Yes she did.

I wasn't there to witness, but let's say the dog was in fact chasing a deer, which from all evidence so far seems very very plausible, then the hunter was within legal rights to shoot it even if he knew it was a dog. In that case not a moron at all.

Not saying he did know it was a dog, and will also add that from a distance it would not be hard to mistake the thing for a wolf.

according to the original story there was never a theory about this dog chasing a deer and lets say it was? its not up to any hunter at all to simply shoot the dog and secondly the DA goofy so called hunter said he thought it was a wolf and that's why he shot it so where in the ell did all this deer chasing bs come from to begin with?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:https://www.change.org/p/sea-to-sky-residents-create-a-no-shooting-no-hunting-zone-along-highway-99-between-squamish-whistler/nftexp/ex5/v3/791907046?recruiter=791907046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_term=autopublish&utm_content=ex5%3Av3

Sign the Petition please.

To prevent further hunting accidents of course.

You guys in? :biggrin:

Why is the hunter described as a "trophy hunter" in this petition? Is that accurate?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “B.C.”