New Health Authority Board Chairs

Retrosnap
Board Meister

New Health Authority Board Chairs

Post by Retrosnap »

The provincial government has appointed three new members to the Interior Health board of directors.

Dr. Doug Cochrane has been appointed board chair, replacing outgoing chair John O'Fee.

Dr. Selena Lawrie and Cindy Stewart have also been named to the board.

Despite being a Liberal supporter, I am glad to see that Dix has balanced the IH board and appointed a medical professional to sit as Board Chair. The new composition of the board is a good representation of business, indigenous and community members.

However, no amount of justification can be made for this appointment:

2017-09-22_9-39-48.png

A rabid, dogmatic union leader, leading the largest health authority in BC...political payoff, pure and simple.
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: New Health Authority Board Chairs

Post by Queen K »

It's possible the NDP are signalling that privatization within the healthcare system is coming to a end for the time being.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

What does this union fat-cat know about Health authorities???!! This is as disgusting as making that lunatic Joy McAlwaysfail head of ICBC. What do all of these losers have in common?

Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Sep 22nd, 2017, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Could be that Jim Sinclair knows a lot about the union/management situation, he's not being asked to know about being on the front lines of healthcare, just being asked to weigh in where needed re union/management issues.

And why are you guys all mad? :135:

NDP only learned from the best in regards to nepotism, political appointments and backroom deals. It's not like they didn't have a role model for 16 years.

:up:

ETA: Silly error corrected. See, even a Liberal protester knows to correct a mistake. :up:
Last edited by Queen K on Sep 22nd, 2017, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Queen K wrote:Could be that John Sinclair knows a lot about the union/management situation, he's not being asked to know about being on the front lines of healthcare, just being asked to weigh in where needed re union/management issues.

NDP only learned from the best in regards to nepotism, political appointments and backroom deals. It's not like they didn't have a role model for 16 years.

our health care went down the tubes since bclibs took over. trying to privatize parts of it big mistake that will cost real tax money to fix :smt045
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:
:

It's like a guy I met from Alberta who is head of finance at a government subsidized college. The board of the college for years was staffed by Conservative cronies. Of course. But he said he could live with it because at least these Conservatives could read a balance sheet and understand a statement of cash-flows. He said it took the NDP only a few days to can all of the Conservatives on the board and appoint their gang of NDP cronies. The big difference though? These people couldn't read a financial statement to save their lives. They were all complete idiots who were financially illiterate. What were they doing on a board of a college?? It made no sense. And that's one of my biggest problems with the NDP. They are so dumb they don't even know how to pork-barrel properly.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:our health care went down the tubes since bclibs took over.

So how many new hospitals should the Liberals have built in your estimation, to avoid this tube going down thing? Just curious.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:What does this union fat-cat know about Health authorities???!! This is as disgusting as making that lunatic Joy McAlwaysfail head of ICBC. What do all of these losers have in common?

Sinclair should get his thumb out of his butt.

Oh wait, that's what union workers do, stand around with their thumbs up their butts.

Horgan and the criminal forger Dix have loaded the HA offices with a bunch of worn out NDP culls. Talk about setting the stage for billions in lost taxpayers' money.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Queen K wrote:Could be that John Sinclair knows a lot about the union/management situation, he's not being asked to know about being on the front lines of healthcare, just being asked to weigh in where needed re union/management issues.

I don't know who John Sinclair is, but I can unequivocally tell you that Jim Sinclair is an idiot with no concept how a huge, complex organization like a health authority should be run.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

FYI Queen K, here is what the Board is responsible for

https://www.interiorhealth.ca/AboutUs/L ... fault.aspx

The Board of Directors oversees operations, works with management to establish overall strategic direction for the organization, and ensures appropriate community consultation. The board also regularly reviews the organization's long-term plans, significant issues affecting the organization, and evaluates results.

Learn more about the Board of Directors' role in Interior Health or view the Senior Executive Team organizational chart.

Who appoints the Board?

Board members are appointed through the provincial government's Board Resourcing and Development Office which rests within the Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services on behalf of all Ministries. The current Chair of the Board is Dr. Doug Cochrane, who was appointed September 2017.

Who is the Board accountable to?

The Provincial Government of British Columbia, through the Ministry of Health, sets province-wide goals, standards, and performance agreements for health service delivery. The Government Mandate Letter sets out the annual performance agreement between the IH Board of Directors and the Ministry of Health, while the Taxpayer Accountability Principles demonstrates the Board’s higher accountability to the taxpayer in addition to their fiduciary duty to the organization.

Jim Sinclair has made a career pitting the trod-upon workers of the world, against big bad management. There's very little in the board mandate about delivering health care to the people of BC, where a person with his skills would be considered an expert. Even if I accept your assertion that he there to weigh in on union/management issues, THEY MADE HIM THE FREAKING CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD! Accountability to the taxpayer? Fiduciary responsibility? In his previous life, these were secondary to his member's needs. "Pay us more...not our problem to figure out how to pay for it". That's a recipe for disaster in health care.

At least in the case of IH, it was too business heavy. They added 2 doctors, another labour organizer, and made one the of the doctors the chair.

You've made many reasonable posts in the past. I can't believe that you honestly think that making a career unionist the chair of the largest health authority in BC is the best choice they could have made.

Queen K wrote:NDP only learned from the best in regards to nepotism, political appointments and backroom deals. It's not like they didn't have a role model for 16 years.

Once again, NDP supporters show that they're ok with hypocrisy, incompetence, nepotism, etc, as long as it's their guys who benefit. Forget about right vs left....how about right vs wrong?
35mm photography is a job, medium format is a skill, large format is a way of life.
Retrosnap
Board Meister

Post by Retrosnap »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 22nd, 2017, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:our health care went down the tubes since bclibs took over.

So how many new hospitals should the Liberals have built in your estimation, to avoid this tube going down thing? Just curious.

Did a tiny community like Haida Gwaii need a $50 million dollar hospital? With expansive ocean views? I saw it and thought, geez for that amount of money it should be huge, it's so tiny.

Nothing like in this rendition either.

http://www.partnershipsbc.ca/projects/o ... t-project/

https://www.bcliberals.com/platform/2-7 ... hospitals/

The Liberals have spent billions on BC Healthcare. No question there. I don't think anyone would question that part of the equation.

What may be said though is that the Dr. shortage in BC is critical. That before any walk-in clinic opens in Kelowna, there is a long line before the doors are unlocked.

Castanet has many threads started by people who are looking for a doctor and asking if anyone can help them. I spent two hours on the phone looking for one for my own dad in 2009.

OH And guys, Yes, I said "John" and not "Jim". MY BAD! Thanks for all the PMs telling me to correct my error quoting my error. :up:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Rwede wrote:
Queen K wrote:Could be that Jim Sinclair knows a lot about the union/management situation, he's not being asked to know about being on the front lines of healthcare, just being asked to weigh in where needed re union/management issues.

I don't know who John Jim Sinclair is, but I can unequivocally tell you that Jim Sinclair is an idiot with no concept how a huge, complex organization like a health authority should be run.

(Fixed it [icon_lol2.gif] )

Be that as it is, I am not advocating for or against such a move, I am merely pointing out that the NDP have learned all too well from the Liberals. Have they got a front runner yet to take over?

If you are so convinced that the NDP won't last, then don't worry about it. The tide will turn.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Retrosnap, you sound very frustrated with me today. Is that my imagination? How long before a similar appointment happens to IH? :popcorn:
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

It might be fair to wait and see what Sinclair does BEFORE condemning and trashing him. I would appreciate him delving into the contracts of privatizing health care (maintenance, food services, laundry, cleaning) and making some serious recommendations taking into account the experience other governments have encountered in privatizing these aspects.
Chill

Return to “B.C.”