Watts confused and unfocused

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Watts confused and unfocused

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews. ... ities/amp/

In a long, and at points unfocused interview with CKNW’s Jon McComb Monday morning, Watts touched on several other key areas – including opposition to taxpayer subsidies for political parties in the NDP’s corporate and union donation ban.

Asked directly by McComb if she would support Todd Stone’s idea to forgo any taxpayer money, Watts wouldn’t say yes or no.

“Well, I don’t know whether it’s, well, you know, if you don’t take the stand you’re unprincipled? No, I would disagree with that. I think when you’ve got, as I said, got a piece of bad legislation, the legislation needs to be amended to reflect what British Columbians want,” she said.

And I don’t think that British Columbians want their money going to political parties that they don’t support. So if there’s parties, if there are people that want to support the B.C. Liberals, I mean I have no issue with that. But as I said before, when you’re dealing with upfront, that’s where you, you know, the caps and all of that criteria, that’s where you need to be coming from.”

If you look at the LNG pieces, Petronas and the other company that just had said we’re done, we’re not going forward with this. That’s billions of dollars just in this.”

Pressed on whether the loss of those projects was in fact the result of the NDP’s election rather the poor global market for natural gas, Watts pivoted to the New Democrats’ reassessment of the Site C dam.

Watts also addressed Christy Clark’s so-called “clone speech,” which borrowed liberally from the NDP’s election platform.

“That confused a lot of British Columbians,” said Watts, who added the government was in a surplus position but failed to communicate what it would do with the money during the spring election campaign.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews. ... ities/amp/

[icon_lol2.gif]

wow talk about no stance on anything . just confused and unsure of herself. unwilling to take a stand . just not ready yet
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Watts confused and unfocused

Post by rustled »

I'm not sure how I feel about Watts yet.

But I do know how I feel about a "journalist" using anyone's (and I do mean anyone's) verbatim speech to mock them. (Can you imagine if any journalist recorded each and every "ah" and "um" JT uttered?)

Watts didn't come across well here, but to me this piece says more about the person who wrote it, and the publication that chose to publish it. None of it good.

I'll be watching for a more professional public persona. One of the problems I have with Horgan is his lack of diplomacy, which is a distinct disadvantage when representing BC. As is the inability to articulate clear answers to questions. I'd hope to see better performance than this from the leader of any political party.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Clearly, from the OP in this thread, the New Dumbs are already launching counter-spin propaganda, which means they are scared.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

What's to be scared of........a C.R.A.P. Barbie doll? I don't think so. Here's a question some journalist should ask her: "What makes you think you're in a better position to become BC Liberal leader now than you were in 2013?" Everyone knows she was approached by the BC Liberals when Campbell flew the coop and left them leaderless. She refused, and look what we ended up with. What changed between then and now? A better financial incentive package?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Oh the tolerant left always such derogatory sexist comments with incorrect information and just clear hate.

Such a type to aspire towards.

good grief

Why the campaign of nothing but sexism and hate and bigotry never ends is beyond me from these people who profess often how they are better than everyone else and so accepting and tolerant.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:What's to be scared of........a C.R.A.P. Barbie doll? I don't think so. Here's a question some journalist should ask her: "What makes you think you're in a better position to become BC Liberal leader now than you were in 2013?" Everyone knows she was approached by the BC Liberals when Campbell flew the coop and left them leaderless. She refused, and look what we ended up with. What changed between then and now? A better financial incentive package?

And woop, there it is. :135:

Is that really the most important question on your mind? Sure isn't near the top of my list. Very different priorities, I guess.

The mean kids are already out in full force. I'm with GB, makes me think they're worried. Attacking on how she talks when under pressure, how she looks, and why she is doing something now she wasn't ready to do several years ago.

Pretty superficial, especially when you compare it to someone doing something he promised just a few months ago he wouldn't do. And pretty hilarious you want to hold her accountable for her this, when you won't hold Horgan, Weaver or Plecas accountable for their actions. Double standard, much?

Until there's something of substance for us to consider, something actually related to policy and integrity, I'd guess we're in for more of same nasty, snipy, high-school snark the NDP supporters oozed with the entire time Clark was premier. Blech.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Much as you'd like to, you can't just wave your magic wand and make the past disappear. I've noticed the BCLP Fan Club has been bringing up stuff (real or imagined) from 20+ years ago, yet when I bring up something from 4 or 5 years ago, I'm on the receiving end of a bunch of schoolyard taunts.

Watts should have been prepared to answer Jon McComb's questions in that interview, and she should be prepared to answer some questions from the BC electorate as well.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Clearly, from the OP in this thread, the New Dumbs are already launching counter-spin propaganda, which means they are scared.

That much is clear and was very predictable too.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Jeepers, what is with the NDP and hard core sexism.

Cactusflower's comments are just the worst.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:Much as you'd like to, you can't just wave your magic wand and make the past disappear. I've noticed the BCLP Fan Club has been bringing up stuff (real or imagined) from 20+ years ago, yet when I bring up something from 4 or 5 years ago, I'm on the receiving end of a bunch of schoolyard taunts.

Watts should have been prepared to answer Jon McComb's questions in that interview, and she should be prepared to answer some questions from the BC electorate as well.

Schoolyard taunts? Are you suggesting you don't like them, after all?

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, you're not the only one who said she should have been better prepared and more articulate. Bet if I'd called Watts a Barbie doll, I'd have been slammed for it too. And rightly so.

You used it. Own it.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

"Hard core sexism"? Do you even know what that term means? You really need to get out more. Maybe you should stick with discussing Watts' interview with Jon McComb.

Oh, and rustled, you're right. The term 'barbie doll' doesn't fit Ms. Watts. I should have thought of a more appropriate name.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:"Hard core sexism"? Do you even know what that term means? You really need to get out more. Maybe you should stick with discussing Watts' interview with Jon McComb.

Oh, and rustled, you're right. The term 'barbie doll' doesn't fit Ms. Watts. I should have thought of a more appropriate name.

You used Princess Di in another thread.

IMO, this sort of thing says far more about you than about her.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Cactusflower wrote:"Hard core sexism"? Do you even know what that term means? You really need to get out more. Maybe you should stick with discussing Watts' interview with Jon McComb.

Yes I do and I am not looking forward to the next decade of her gender being a talking point by those who attempt to belittle and mock.

Grow up.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I guess it's true what they say.......BC Liberal supporters have no sense of humour. BTW, why don't you spend your time discussing the topic rather than trashing the NDP and the people you assume are 'partisan'?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Sep 25th, 2017, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “B.C.”