Am I a British Columbian, or still an Albertan?

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Am I a British Columbian, or still an Albertan?

Post by Ken7 »

Cactusflower wrote:My family moved to the West Kootenays from SK when I was 7 years old. I still have relatives living in Saskatoon and P.A. who I visit from time to time, but I would never consider moving back there. My mother, on the other hand, always felt claustrophobic living in the mountainous terrain of the Kootenays........at first, but she never felt the need to return to SK either.

I hope you don't mind if I make a couple of Jeff Foxworthy observations here: :biggrin:
If you've lived in B.C. for several years and still drive a vehicle with red and white licence plates.........you might be an Albertan.
If you drive the biggest SUV or pickup truck known to man.........you might be an Albertan.
If you drive around with an ATV constantly in the back of your truck.......you might be an Albertan.
If you always tow a jet-ski behind your truck....... you might be an Albertan.
If you are found driving a 40-ft. Class A motorhome on a pot-hole riddled dirt road to some remote B.C. campsite......you might be an Albertan.

Born in PA...still miss the north. Emma Lake and area.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^My niece and nephew still have the cabin that my late sister and brother-in-law built at Waskesiu. They did a fantastic job of remodelling it and I had the pleasure of visiting them there several years ago. Great little vacation spot!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Cactusflower wrote:^^My niece and nephew still have the cabin that my late sister and brother-in-law built at Waskesiu. They did a fantastic job of remodelling it and I had the pleasure of visiting them there several years ago. Great little vacation spot!

We have one great lake here, but you still can not beat northern Saskatchewan and the people you meet there! So down to earth.
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

Cactusflower wrote:My family moved to the West Kootenays from SK when I was 7 years old. I still have relatives living in Saskatoon and P.A. who I visit from time to time, but I would never consider moving back there. My mother, on the other hand, always felt claustrophobic living in the mountainous terrain of the Kootenays........at first, but she never felt the need to return to SK either.

I hope you don't mind if I make a couple of Jeff Foxworthy observations here: :biggrin:
If you've lived in B.C. for several years and still drive a vehicle with red and white licence plates.........you might be an Albertan.
If you drive the biggest SUV or pickup truck known to man.........you might be an Albertan.
If you drive around with an ATV constantly in the back of your truck.......you might be an Albertan.
If you always tow a jet-ski behind your truck....... you might be an Albertan.
If you are found driving a 40-ft. Class A motorhome on a pot-hole riddled dirt road to some remote B.C. campsite......you might be an Albertan.

And Don't forget, if you drive in the passing lane, even though bc put up signs just for you, to move over and let others pass, you are an Albertan :smt045
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Raised in Ontario but packed up and left in 71 with no regrets whatsoever, I'm British Columbian all the way albeit with a ten year stop in Saskatchewan on the way. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “B.C.”