Officer charged

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Officer charged

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/211288 ... th-assault

I have to commend castanet in their bravery in reporting this since they wil now be labeled. Cop bashers and cop haters by the same 5 people on here [icon_lol2.gif]
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Officer charged

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/211288/Officer-charged-with-assault

I have to commend castanet in their bravery in reporting this since they wil now be labeled. Cop bashers and cop haters by the same 5 people on here

Nonsense - Castanet is reporting the same as other news outlets.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Sgt. Norm Flemming, so another Sgt gets caught, the last one was stealing cocaine from the evidence room, now this one gets caught assaulting someone. Seems like they have a problem in Merritt with bad cops.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

jimsenchuk wrote:Sgt. Norm Flemming, so another Sgt gets caught, the last one was stealing cocaine from the evidence room, now this one gets caught assaulting someone. Seems like they have a problem in Merritt with bad cops.

Two people out of how many over how many years?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Charged, found guilty, drawn and quartered, burnt.

All before an investigation.

Man, we sure are on top of things here.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

If there are problems at the detachment, it would be a very good reason to question the leadership/management of that particular detachment.
Chill
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Two people out of how many over how many years?

That does not matter, it's the bad apples that make them all look bad, end of story.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Catsumi wrote:Charged, found guilty, drawn and quartered, burnt.

All before an investigation.

Man, we sure are on top of things here.

You are way off base on this, even after the other Sgt admitted to stealing cocaine nothing was done to him, he retired.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Everyone deserves there day in court once charged with a crime. If found guilty then sentenced or innocent and set free.
Should be the same for everyone including police officers.

Yes, I'm guilty of pre judging people and I try to keep it in my head... doesn't always work.

Added later: some crimes triggers anger by me i.e crimes against children, disable & the elderly.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

People get charged in British Columbia, under the prosecution/no prosecution criteria guidelines, in particular the likelihood of securing a conviction. That having been said, charged individuals are regularly found not guilty at trial. The premise that everyone is innocent until proven guilty is absolute. Ergo: The Sergeant at Merritt should be afforded the same presumption of innocence.... especially by people who have only the news item [of him being charged] as the basis of their judgement of guilt.

Return to “B.C.”