What will Horgan do with Site C?

What will John Horgan do with the Site C dam project?

He'll cancel it
28%
He'll allow it to be completed
72%

Total votes: 58

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What will Horgan do with Site C?

Post by Smurf »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 20th, 2017, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 20th, 2017, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
    Walking Wounded wrote:CF bases their opposition to site c because the wrong people started it. A boneheaded reason IMO.

It would be like me stomping my feet and throwing a tantrum if Horgan decides to go ahead with completing the dam. It's the right decision and I'm in favour of it even though it's Horgan making the decision. Sad that some would oppose the dam just because it was Christy Clark who got the project going.

I'm back,and my main reason for opposing the dam has nothing to do with Clark although you'll have to admit that was a boneheaded decision on her (and Campbell, and Bennett's) part. My most important reason is that we don't need any more of these behemoths that destroy land and lives. It might have been necessary back in the mid-20th century, but technology has evolved to the point where we have far better sources of renewable energy. There's no need to keep asking for proof. It's all there for anyone who has the wherewithal to do a google search.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

I'm not going to go back though all the pages in this thread, CF you said you opposed site c because the wrong people started it, now you are saying it had nothing to do with Christy Clark. So in which case are you lying to us? Because you obviously are lying in one of the two statements.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Cactusflower wrote:It's all there for anyone who has the wherewithal to do a google search.

Great. Let me know if you find somebody with that ability that can explain it in a cohesive documented argument.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Cactusflower wrote:[ My most important reason is that we don't need any more of these behemoths that destroy land and lives.

And yet you support wind farms, which can also have a negative impact on land and lives:
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/locals ... zmir-74236

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/08/16/this- ... d-turbines

http://www.slate.com/articles/technolog ... _over.html
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Chill
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Sounds more like a sales pitch from one company.
Bring back the LIKE button.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Mery the damage that might be caused by wind turbines has changed. They now know how to prevent bird deaths ect ect. The oil sands not so much as we hear thousands birds deaths there every year .

Answer this merry how much will my hydro bill go down by if site c is built ? Links please to answer
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

'claim to be' and 'may be'. Indicates they aren't now.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:
    I'm back,and my main reason for opposing the dam has nothing to do with Clark although you'll have to admit that was a boneheaded decision on her (and Campbell, and Bennett's) part. My most important reason is that we don't need any more of these behemoths that destroy land and lives. It might have been necessary back in the mid-20th century, but technology has evolved to the point where we have far better sources of renewable energy. There's no need to keep asking for proof. It's all there for anyone who has the wherewithal to do a google search.
You've told us that you have absolutely no idea what Horgan's decision will be but if he decides to go ahead with the project will you only be blaming Christy Clark or will you blame with Horgan as well?
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

maryjane48 wrote:Answer this merry how much will my hydro bill go down by if site c is built ?

I could ask you the same question, only in regard to wind and solar instead of hydro. When Ontario went windy/solar their electricity bills went through the roof.

But the point I was trying to make in my last post with regard to wind farms is that they too require a lot of land (ditto for solar farms). So when CF expressed concern about the Site C dam resulting in people having their land expropriated, it occurred to me that the same could be said for both wind and solar. Because both would require vast tracts of land if we were ever to use them on a large enough scale to replace Site C.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Farming can still continue under solar panels and wind power. Not too much happens if the land is under water.

Housing can be built under solar panels (roof installations, office towers glazed with solar panels) and new technology wind towers will not deter farming - or housing.
Last edited by flamingfingers on Nov 20th, 2017, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chill
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Walking Wounded wrote:I'm not going to go back though all the pages in this thread, CF you said you opposed site c because the wrong people started it, now you are saying it had nothing to do with Christy Clark. So in which case are you lying to us? Because you obviously are lying in one of the two statements.

The Site C supporters can call me a liar, doesn't bother me a bit. I expect such remarks from rabid partisans who are unable to acknowledge any faults with their party of choice.

What I said, and what I'll continue to say is that Premier Gordon Campbell, and then later, his protege Christy Clark, and her partners-in-crime 'Wild Bill' Bennett, Brad Bennett, and Jessica MacDonald proceeded to begin construction of an unnecessary dam for purposes other than the good of the province. That's why the BCUC wasn't consulted . There's no denying that.

But I'm against this dam, not for that reason, but because I've lived through the environmental destruction of the 1960s dams, and I don't want to see it happen again.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Yea merry the answer is you can make your own power. No bills end of story

Return to “B.C.”