Justice System fails yet again with Taitusi Vikilani

Nedroj
Übergod

Justice System fails yet again with Taitusi Vikilani

Post by Nedroj »

I dont know what the hell the judge was thinking with this case but he should be fired and banned from being a judge ever again . This was not just a alcohol fueled accident, these are clearly two juice monkey *bleep* bags to hit a girl and then murder her friend. Stabbing someone in the heart is done with the intent to kill or at the very least knowledge that it will be a fatal blow. And to only get charged with manslaughter and only receive 4.5 years for it too? I'm disgraced (yet again) by our so called justice system. And to top it off the Burnaby Lake Rugby Club defended this murderer. Shame on you for backing such a piece of :cuss: waste of a human being.
Last edited by ferri on Nov 16th, 2017, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Justice System fails yet again with Taitusi Vikilani

Post by csm »

Our useless justice system ( "rhymns with Justin") needs to start taking this scum and making examples of them, and it was the "Liberal Party" over the years that have allowed this dirt to walk the streents.

Sallam getting 4 years for stabbing a guy in the heart because he was defending his girlfriend???? He's bloody lucky that wasn't my son, or he wouldn't be getting out of jail alive!!

This guy should be hung, and the judge that came down with that sentence should be hung right along side of him for aiding and abetting a murderer. Guess it's lucky Sallam didn't use a gun cause he would have got more time because the Gun is worse than a knife, not that the guy would have been any deader (what total BS)!!

It's amazing they can use "Being Drunk" as a defence for murder, but not driving a car"!!

We have a serious problem in this country.

It's time POLICIANS got serious with these dirt bags if they expect to have any kind of civil obedience and It's time Judges were elected so we can throw out their lazy *bleep* and bring them up on charges for public endangerment just like they do the cops now.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Brody got 9 years for accidentally injuring someone when he crashed a car. This guy got half that for driving a knife into some ones heart. So it seems that crashing a car is far more serious than deliberately stabbing some one in the heart. Does anyone think that there may be a problem with our system ?
Black Dogs Matter
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

It's not the politicians, it's the court/justice system that is responsible for this.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Agreed! The judge and both of these scumbags should be hung And made an example of. In my opinion I don’t see anything different with this than a drunk driver killing someone behind the wheel however is the driver tried to use the excuse “I was drunk, I didn’t know what I was doing” the judge would laugh and throw the book at him/her. Definitely would not be a simple 6 month prison sentence.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

alanjh595 wrote:It's not the politicians, it's the court/justice system that is responsible for this.

The politicians appoint the judges not the people. A major fundamental flaw in our system and one that needs to be corrected.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Nedroj wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:It's not the politicians, it's the court/justice system that is responsible for this.

The politicians appoint the judges not the people. A major fundamental flaw in our system and one that needs to be corrected.

AND who elects the politicians to make those decisions for their constituents? Would you rather have judges by public election? What is your solution?
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

AND who elects the politicians to make those decisions for their constituents? Would you rather have judges by public election? What is your solution?[/quote]

Yes I would rather include a separate vote for Judges by the people than allow politicians to choose them for me. Our justice system should be completely separate from our political system.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Nedroj wrote:AND who elects the politicians to make those decisions for their constituents? Would you rather have judges by public election? What is your solution?

Yes I would rather include a separate vote for Judges by the people than allow politicians to choose them for me. Our justice system should be completely separate from our political system.[/quote]

They still have to follow the laws and can only administer punishments based upon those laws as set out in the CCC.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

I honestly don't want people who claim we should hang a judge because said judge made a call which they don't agree with, being in a position that they get to directly influence which judges we get, so thankfully we do not elect judges. A judge should be a learned person, someone who understands the system very well and is known for the wisdom of their decisions, not some ignorant firebrand who is charismatic and can win an election.
In this case, I do not claim to know the circumstances, but to assume to know the case better than the judge, to know all of the precedents set, to be better able to judge what punishment people should receive is usually extreme ignorance or simple hubris. I am not saying that judges don't screw things up, but they generally do a far better job than the peanut gallery. In this case has the judge said anything which makes you think that they were biased or unduly influenced, if not, what point of law were they wrong about?
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Verum wrote:I honestly don't want people who claim we should hang a judge because said judge made a call which they don't agree with, being in a position that they get to directly influence which judges we get, so thankfully we do not elect judges. A judge should be a learned person, someone who understands the system very well and is known for the wisdom of their decisions, not some ignorant firebrand who is charismatic and can win an election.
In this case, I do not claim to know the circumstances, but to assume to know the case better than the judge, to know all of the precedents set, to be better able to judge what punishment people should receive is usually extreme ignorance or simple hubris. I am not saying that judges don't screw things up, but they generally do a far better job than the peanut gallery. In this case has the judge said anything which makes you think that they were biased or unduly influenced, if not, what point of law were they wrong about?

Let’s list the facts stated in the article.

- He punched a woman for recording a bar brawl. That in itself is assault and battery a charge that has put people in jail for a lot longer than 6months
- He attacked and punched the guy trying to defend his friend - another assault possibly assault causing bodily harm charge
- Friend of the initial attacker stabbed the guy directly in the heart, killing him - that is murder in the first degree because it was committed while a) committing intimidation and b) committing criminal harassment under Canadian law. Think about it, A knife plugged into the heart of a human is a intended death blow, plain and simple.

He should serve at minimum 10 years in a federal prison and then deported back to Tonga. It’s time we start handing out punishments fitting for the crime.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Nedroj wrote:Let’s list the facts stated in the article.

- He punched a woman for recording a bar brawl. That in itself is assault and battery a charge that has put people in jail for a lot longer than 6months
- He attacked and punched the guy trying to defend his friend - another assault possibly assault causing bodily harm charge
- Friend of the initial attacker stabbed the guy directly in the heart, killing him - that is murder in the first degree because it was committed while a) committing intimidation and b) committing criminal harassment under Canadian law. Think about it, A knife plugged into the heart of a human is a intended death blow, plain and simple.

He should serve at minimum 10 years in a federal prison and then deported back to Tonga. It’s time we start handing out punishments fitting for the crime.

Wow! That's all of the relevant facts!?! I would have thought a case like this would have had some nuance that would take a bit of understanding to process, but it seems that you know enough and are enough of an expert in precedence and the justice system to know exactly what punishment should have been meted out. </sarcasm>
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Nedroj wrote:Let’s list the facts stated in the article.

IF that was all there was to it, that would have made the shortest trial in history. How many days of trial DID it take in real life?

Return to “B.C.”