Auditor General to review Site C

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Post by Fancy »

I'm just reading the audit may not even be started until 2020.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Fancy wrote:I'm just reading the audit may not even be started until 2020.

Thanks for ignoring the obvious. I'll try to start another thread with my link about the Aecon take-over.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Well I'm just wondering why start a thread on an audit that won't be completed for years.
Cactusflower
Banned

The Aecon/BC Hydro connection

Post by Cactusflower »

https://www.bnn.ca/ottawa-should-block- ... y-1.975278

In case anyone's interested, Aecon is BC Hydro's major construction company at the Site C dam, so if this doesn't bother you, what will?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Fancy wrote:

Well I'm just wondering why start a thread on an audit that won't be completed for years.

Because it's important to most British Columbians.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cactusflower wrote:Because it's important to most British Columbians.
That's your opinion of course but I don't see facts to support that. I'm not too sure how an audit will directly affect me and I don't know of anyone that has expressed even the teeniest bit of interest in the audit. Remains to be seen what the focus will be and if the Auditor General hasn't decided I don't see many British Columbians taking much of an interest until the results are made public. Even the original story only had 178 shares.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: The Aecon/BC Hydro connection

Post by The Green Barbarian »

right now the only thing that bothers me are panicky idiot fear-mongerers with an agenda as plain as day, and that's to destroy Canada's economy.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 7th, 2018, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.bnn.ca/ottawa-should-block-chinese-takeover-of-aecon-jarislowsky-1.975278

In case anyone's interested, Aecon is BC Hydro's major construction company at the Site C dam, so if this doesn't bother you, what will?

Well since you ask, I'm bothered by people who are always dramatizing non issues, in their quest to apparently destroy BC's economy. That's what bothers me.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Old Techie wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:https://www.bnn.ca/ottawa-should-block-chinese-takeover-of-aecon-jarislowsky-1.975278

Well since you ask, I'm bothered by people who are always dramatizing non issues, in their quest to apparently destroy BC's economy. That's what bothers me.

You don't seem to be bothered when Rachel Notley tries to destroy our wine industry though.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Even the AG knows there is nothing there and is not wasting time rushing to get it done. A bit of smoke and mirrors to keep the whiners happy.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

^^Pretty easy for you to ignore Horgan's responsibility here. But look, over there - China/Aecon! Gee, do you think maybe that's what this thread's about: distracting from the people Horgan's tossing under the bus to get where he wants to go?

If you really feel we ought to be all het up about this, how do you feel about Horgan's failure to obstruct the Aecon takeover bid?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

I've been a partial owner of Aecon for 22 months, we should also be concerned with that. [icon_lol2.gif]
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Fancy wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Because it's important to most British Columbians.
That's your opinion of course but I don't see facts to support that. I'm not too sure how an audit will directly affect me and I don't know of anyone that has expressed even the teeniest bit of interest in the audit. Remains to be seen what the focus will be and if the Auditor General hasn't decided I don't see many British Columbians taking much of an interest until the results are made public. Even the original story only had 178 shares.

By George, I think you've got it! The majority of British Columbians don't pay enough attention to what's going on in their own province. I guess Trump's antics are more interesting.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Jhunter199 wrote:I've been a partial owner of Aecon for 22 months, we should also be concerned with that. [icon_lol2.gif]

You should be. The rest of us, not so much.

Return to “B.C.”