Land Claim

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Land Claim

Post by Ken7 »

https://globalnews.ca/news/3999335/cana ... claim/amp/

Canada’s most valuable private island at centre of B.C. First Nation’s land claim.

McCaw bought it in 1994 for $19 million, but in documents filed in B.C. Supreme Court, the Tsawout First Nation says it has never surrendered James Island or the title and rights guaranteed by an 1852 treaty with then-Vancouver Island Gov. James Douglas.

While James Island isn’t currently on the market, the sale price from the most recent listing was $75 million

I'm starting to wonder where is this all going to end. I can't imagine what the Courts ruling will be on this one. Maybe it will be the one that starts history, someone saying No it is not yours.
twobits
Guru

Re: Land Claim

Post by twobits »

This is nothing but trying to leverage low hanging fruit. Pretty soon our property tax payments will be going to a FN Band Office and we will have a coalition of 100 FN Bands that claim 135% of BC's total land mass as their jurisdiction fighting over who gets the tax payment.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

When you think of this situation this land owner is in what if, just for a moment a berry farmer was the next victim.

The Indiginous used to use berries in their pemmican, maybe they wish to get back to their traditional ways and cure their meats with berries. Now they see a valued property which is already growing great crops of berries.

What is stopping them from placing a stake and making claim, those are their berries and their land was not given up in 1832 or what ever year. Little hard pressed I'd say to find witness either way.

What will happen, and where will this stop?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

the problem is this:
    the Europeans (government and lawyers) were "Indian Givers' when they agreed to treaties and things and then
    cheated the natives.

And the Europeans were also 'Savages' because they were greedy and liked stealing stuff.

Now - there are a lot of problems that can't be solved.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Thinktank wrote:the problem is this:
    the Europeans (government and lawyers) were "Indian Givers' when they agreed to treaties and things and then
    cheated the natives.

And the Europeans were also 'Savages' because they were greedy and liked stealing stuff.

Now - there are a lot of problems that can't be solved.

I agree with you, although put yourself in the position of this land owner. Does he defend his land or say, opps someone made a error? I'm to the point where I say settle the treaties AS INTENDED in the time. Do not include myself as I was once married to a Indiginous woman. Draw the line in the sand and stick tight to it. We are now so broad on what is and is not Indiginous that I too am become confused!

Settle the treaty and become CANADIAN.

Return to “B.C.”