What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Post by Leifer »

First, he unleashes an anti-constitutional, illegal stall tactic on the Trans Mountain pipeline.

When Alberta retaliates by banning B.C. wine, Horgan complains that Alberta isn't playing fair and should "go to court" if they disagree with him.

On one hand, he flouts the law - but then demands the other side run to the courts.

I will be honest here....when the NDP/Greens took power last year I thought (I hoped) things would be different this time around. I know Horgan and Weaver don't wake up every morning and proclaim "how can I screw things up for B.C today". That is silly, partisan thinking. But with the best of intentions....the NDP is just doing it wrong again!

Only a few months in and we have a looming trade war with one of our biggest provincial trading partners. Horgan's actions are sabotaging BC wine producers, and BC Hydro's business strategy....along with threatening construction and infrastructure jobs. Those threats have B.C.’s tourism operators keeping a close eye on the unfolding situation as well.

Did anyone sigh up for this??

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-wine-boycott-horgan-1.4523843
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Post by George+ »

Horgan and Weaver made it clear all along , what was coming.

There is no trade war. It takes two to tango!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The worst kind of hypocrite is an incompetent one and that's who we have running the province right now.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:Horgan and Weaver made it clear all along , what was coming.

There is no trade war. It takes two to tango!

but it takes one dufus to screw everything up, and that's exactly what Horgan is doing.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

And to think, if the BC Conservatives had not run a candidate in Comox, the Liberals would have a majority, and none of this nonsense would be happening. Maybe the dummies pushing PR are actually on to something, but for all the wrong reasons....
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Is it just me or is this what we all expected from these 2 governments?
There is a reason zoo's have zookeepers and not just let the monkey's run the place
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Hypocrite?

We will update our environmental assessment legislation and processes
to ensure that they respect the legal rights of First Nations, and meet the
public’s expectation of a strong, transparent process that results in the
best outcomes as part of a made in BC assessment process.
› We will improve environmental assessments to provide certainty to
project proponents, First Nations, and all British Columbians, faster.

The Kinder Morgan pipeline is not in BC’s interest. It means a seven-fold
increase in tanker traffic. It doesn’t, and won’t, meet the necessary
conditions of providing benefits to British Columbia without putting our
environment and our economy at unreasonable risk. We will use every
tool in our toolbox to stop the project from going ahead.

Source.

Sounds like they're doing exactly what they said they would do in the official NDP Platform.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

And to think, if the BC Conservatives had not run a candidate in Comox, the Liberals would have a majority, and none of this nonsense would be happening. Maybe the dummies pushing PR are actually on to something, but for all the wrong reasons....

And they are running a candidate in West Kelowna. Does this worry you?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:
Sounds like they're doing exactly what they said they would do in the official NDP Platform.

Sounds also like why they lost the election, so the people of BC wouldn't be put through this nonsense by a grand-standing moron.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Sounds also like why they lost the election, so the people of BC wouldn't be put through this nonsense by a grand-standing moron.

Eh canadians should be used to having a party that lost an election running things. Happens with 3/4 of the time.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:
Eh canadians should be used to having a party that lost an election running things. Happens with 3/4 of the time.

Not really. This is just nonsensical apologist garbage.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

https://www.maritime-executive.com/arti ... gs.=P4jVfc

Read this, and then come back and tell me why you think Horgan is a hypocrite. He actually cares about B.C.'s environment AND economy. Kinder Morgan and the Alberta and Federal governments do not. Any sensible BritishColumbian would want this risk assessment done before proceeding with this project.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

If he cares about the economy what is he doing about the wine industry and boycott by Alberta?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

^^He may care about many things, but what he's shown he cares most about is getting a permanent source of funding for his bankrupt party.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Cactusflower wrote:
Read this, and then come back and tell me why you think Horgan is a hypocrite. He actually cares about B.C.'s environment AND economy. Kinder Morgan and the Alberta and Federal governments do not. Any sensible BritishColumbian would want this risk assessment done before proceeding with this project.

Yet he was not elected to represent us - it doesn't matter what "he" cares, what matters is what "we" care - and what we care was established in the last election when he was not voted in :up:

And just like Site C, the pipeline is backed by more BCers than those who oppose it. Horgan is just doing what the NDP does best - stall the inevitable, guise it as "whats in the best interests for BC" and end up going ahead with it in the end while wasting millions upon millions upon millions of taxpayers money for nothing.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “B.C.”