Kinder Morgan protestors

Re: Kinder Morgan protestors

Postby zoo » Jan 22nd, 2019, 7:05 pm

nepal wrote:Maybe FN engineered all along taking over and reaping the rewards of operating and expanding TMX. Maybe they duped the unsuspecting, at rock-bottom cost, and have the PM in their pocket.

I bet your right to the fact that they now have the PM in their pockets and are going after ownership of the pipeline.
It will be the biggest buy off of FN via the government in history. We paid for the pipeline with tax's and will sell it away only to FN's for a penny on the dollar. Get ready for this, its going to happen.
zoo
Board Meister

Liked in: 159 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 22nd, 2019, 7:29 pm

^^^ i suspect that you are totally right about your thoughts.

Yes, wait for the other shoe to drop.
Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Like a plague, JT must go!
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3397 posts

Postby Merry » Jan 24th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Although the following article isn't about KM in particular, it's an excellent commentary on the hypocrisy of all those who oppose both pipelines, and the oil and gas industry in general, while at the same time contributing immensely themselves to high carbon emissions. It's well worth the read.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/yo ... on-alberta
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

4 people like this post.
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 5695 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 25th, 2019, 9:22 pm

^^ Oh come on, Merry.....stop playing dumb. You know very well what we must do to combat the rapid acceleration of climate change, three of which are to stop unnecessarily burning fossil fuels in our automobiles and homes, stop wasting our hard-earned money on frills like riding around in floating hotels, and stop the multinational oil and gas corporations from producing more fossil fuels by making them pay for their share of the GHG emissions that are pumped into the atmosphere daily.

There is absolutely no need to extract more bitumen from the "oil" sands. Alberta must stop thinking that their economy depends only on oil and gas. China is rapidly switching to clean energy, and even if they weren't, their relationship with Canada is very fragile for the foreseeable future. And Alberta has more fossil fuels in storage than Canada needs for a very long time, IF they would stop refusing to provide their refined products domestically instead of making the rest of Canada depend on the US and other foreign countries for their petroleum products.

It's time Canada stopped being a doormat for the rest of the world. We're better than that........aren't we?
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 878 posts

Postby Merry » Jan 26th, 2019, 11:00 am

Cactusflower wrote:^^ Oh come on, Merry.....stop playing dumb. You know very well what we must do to combat the rapid acceleration of climate change, three of which are to stop unnecessarily burning fossil fuels in our automobiles and homes, stop wasting our hard-earned money on frills like riding around in floating hotels, and stop the multinational oil and gas corporations from producing more fossil fuels by making them pay for their share of the GHG emissions that are pumped into the atmosphere daily.

There is absolutely no need to extract more bitumen from the "oil" sands. Alberta must stop thinking that their economy depends only on oil and gas. China is rapidly switching to clean energy, and even if they weren't, their relationship with Canada is very fragile for the foreseeable future. And Alberta has more fossil fuels in storage than Canada needs for a very long time, IF they would stop refusing to provide their refined products domestically instead of making the rest of Canada depend on the US and other foreign countries for their petroleum products.

It's time Canada stopped being a doormat for the rest of the world. We're better than that........aren't we?

If Canadians want to see a reduction in the production of fossil fuels, they must do as the article suggests and reconsider
the millions of daily consumer choices, often made by activists themselves, that contribute to Canada’s fossil fuel addiction.

Because as it is, even if we were to shutter the oil sands tomorrow, fossil fuel production would continue unabated in other countries; most likely in countries with far less environmental controls than our own. And I don't see how that would help our environment, do you?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

4 people like this post.
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 5695 posts

Postby 2manyfords » Jan 26th, 2019, 11:07 am

Cactusflower wrote:^^ Oh come on, Merry.....stop playing dumb. You know very well what we must do to combat the rapid acceleration of climate change, three of which are to stop unnecessarily burning fossil fuels in our automobiles and homes, stop wasting our hard-earned money on frills like riding around in floating hotels, and stop the multinational oil and gas corporations from producing more fossil fuels by making them pay for their share of the GHG emissions that are pumped into the atmosphere daily.

You're hilarious....

Was starting to wonder what happened to you.

I'm not saying we should be "glutinous" or "wasteful", but rather, should have some enjoyment in life.
By your logic, we should all huddle together in caves? Or do the masses slink to Mexico (or a warmer climate) like you do so we don't have to heat our homes with "clean, abundant energy"? And yes, I mean energy both from Site C and gas/oil.

All of which you are opposed to.

No hypocrisy there tho, eh? :biggrin:

2 people like this post.
2manyfords
Fledgling

Liked in: 175 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 26th, 2019, 4:30 pm

Merry wrote:

If Canadians want to see a reduction in the production of fossil fuels, they must do as the article suggests and reconsider
the millions of daily consumer choices, often made by activists themselves, that contribute to Canada’s fossil fuel addiction.

Because as it is, even if we were to shutter the oil sands tomorrow, fossil fuel production would continue unabated in other countries; most likely in countries with far less environmental controls than our own. And I don't see how that would help our environment, do you?

We have to start somewhere, Merry. They say charity begins at home, so why not have climate action plans begin at home as well? We have no control over what other countries do so it's prudent to concentrate on what we can do here in Canada to lower GHG emissions, don't you think?
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 26th, 2019, 5:04 pm

^^ lowering unnecessary consumption is the kind of thing we can do. "Right to repair" is a win-win-win, we should focus on things like that, where every consumer wins, and it creates more domestic jobs, while reducing consumption.

Yer little green* book stuff is both hypocritical and counter productive to the end goal.
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.

4 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 10160 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 26th, 2019, 5:18 pm

hobbyguy wrote:^^ lowering unnecessary consumption is the kind of thing we can do. "Right to repair" is a win-win-win, we should focus on things like that, where every consumer wins, and it creates more domestic jobs, while reducing consumption.

Yer little green* book stuff is both hypocritical and counter productive to the end goal.

Read what I wrote HG. You're simply agreeing with me on this. Thanks for that, but you didn't have to add that last put-down sentence. That type of talk is what's counter productive.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 26th, 2019, 5:39 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:^^ lowering unnecessary consumption is the kind of thing we can do. "Right to repair" is a win-win-win, we should focus on things like that, where every consumer wins, and it creates more domestic jobs, while reducing consumption.

Read what I wrote HG. You're simply agreeing with me on this. Thanks for that, but you didn't have to add that last put-down sentence. That type of talk is what's counter productive.

No it isn't. The little green* book of paid advocacy nonsense is entirely counter productive. The ideologues and paid "green*" industry are working against real progress.

Do you even understand the "right to repair" movement??? Everybody wins and "climate" goals happen to get met. Beating folks with a stick, as the green* crowd smugly does, will only get five finger sandwiches for real world results.
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.

3 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 10160 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 26th, 2019, 5:54 pm

^^Perhaps you can explain this "right to repair" philosophy of yours, HG. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's unaware of it.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby twobits » Jan 26th, 2019, 6:09 pm

Cactusflower wrote:^^Perhaps you can explain this "right to repair" philosophy of yours, HG. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's unaware of it.

Honestly, I didn't know about it either and am embarrassed I didn't as you should be too.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3448 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 26th, 2019, 6:43 pm

^^Why should anyone be embarrassed for not being aware of every "movement" that comes along? Movements come and movements go. Just ask HG. He hates the "Leap" movement, and he never stops denouncing it. :biggrin:
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby ninetyninepct » Jan 26th, 2019, 11:35 pm

Cactusflower wrote:^^Perhaps you can explain this "right to repair" philosophy of yours, HG. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's unaware of it.

Farm machinery manufacturers have a clause in the purchase agreement that bans the owner from repairing their own machinery. There are a lot of computers in machines now, and to save money, farmers developed software to check problems. This cuts into the manufacturer and dealer profit. Imagine having a breakdown in the field with a combine or massive modern tractor. Hire a semi to pick it up and transport to the dealer, sit for possibly weeks waiting to get fixed and needing a semi to haul it back to the farm. Thousands of dollars and nothing gets done on the farm. The farmer could simply connect a laptop, find what is wrong and order parts or ?? right from the field. Amazon. Dealers don't like this so they donated tons of money to politicians to ban owners from doing their own repairs. Farmers pushed back with Right to Repair legislation.

5 people like this post.
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Liked in: 197 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 27th, 2019, 6:50 am

^^Thanks for that. It seems that this sort of thing is happening more and more as corporations escalate their power over people......and our politicians. Can't see what it has to do with this topic, though, unless HG was admitting that Big Oil is continuing to push a pipeline through an environmentally sensitive area, and we need to stop them.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.