Kinder Morgan protestors

Re: Kinder Morgan protestors

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 3rd, 2019, 9:19 pm

Mordu wrote:Cactusflower,

Looks like Home Depot is the latest "cockamamie plan" that will satisfy the "1950's mentality."

I heard this on CKUA yesterday morning.

Dedicated to "all the oil workers out there."

But you'll probably get a kick out of it.

I probably will, as soon as somebody translates it into the English language.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1005 posts

Postby zoo » Feb 4th, 2019, 9:25 am

.[/quote]
Think about it again. If Alberta would finally lose their 1950s mentality and realize that its bitumen is not an asset, but a liability, they wouldn't need more pipelines. Nor would they need to buy rail cars, or whatever other cockamamie plan they come up with.

Climate change is real and they had better get with the program.[/quote]

Just curious, how much did it cost you to change your home over to electric heat? from the gas you had before that is part of causing the issue of climate change. Also the electric car you bought? And good on you for not flying in an airplane to a warm destination this winter all helping to reduce harmful emissions to our planet.

2 people like this post.
zoo
Board Meister

Liked in: 175 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 4th, 2019, 1:45 pm

Cactusflower wrote:Think about it again. If Alberta would finally lose their 1950s mentality and realize that its bitumen is not an asset, but a liability, they wouldn't need more pipelines. Nor would they need to buy rail cars, or whatever other cockamamie plan they come up with.

Climate change is real and they had better get with the program.

This is just such a horrible, economy-destroying mentality. I weep when I read this kind of nonsense.
Justin Trudeau is a peanut-chucking snollygoster snowflake. But he has nice dimples. Remember, the hypocrisy of the Left knows no bounds.

3 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 20287 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Feb 4th, 2019, 5:19 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Think about it again. If Alberta would finally lose their 1950s mentality and realize that its bitumen is not an asset, but a liability, they wouldn't need more pipelines. Nor would they need to buy rail cars, or whatever other cockamamie plan they come up with.

This is just such a horrible, economy-destroying mentality. I weep when I read this kind of nonsense.

That, in a nutshell, is the problem with the LEAP and little green* book mentality. No reference to real world realities.

Yes we need to transition away from fossil fuels, but we need to have a way to do so that is practical in the real world. The LEAPers and others have no clue how to do that, and when presented with real world possible propositions, they go go nuts, or ignore them.

The result, naturally and correctly, is that most folks simply disbelieve and turn away from all the stuff in the little green* book, including what is in there that is correct.
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.

Merry likes this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 10432 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 4th, 2019, 10:27 pm

zoo wrote:.

Think about it again. If Alberta would finally lose their 1950s mentality and realize that its bitumen is not an asset, but a liability, they wouldn't need more pipelines. Nor would they need to buy rail cars, or whatever other cockamamie plan they come up with.

Climate change is real and they had better get with the program.[/quote]

Just curious, how much did it cost you to change your home over to electric heat? from the gas you had before that is part of causing the issue of climate change. Also the electric car you bought? And good on you for not flying in an airplane to a warm destination this winter all helping to reduce harmful emissions to our planet.[/quote]

Be curious no more. My home was equipped with electric heat whenI bought it; I have never owned a home with NG heating; my used electric car didn't cost any more than a gas guzzler would have, and how and where I spend my winters is no concern of yours. Any more irrelevant questions?
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 4th, 2019, 10:47 pm

hobbyguy wrote:

That, in a nutshell, is the problem with the LEAP and little green* book mentality. No reference to real world realities.

Yes we need to transition away from fossil fuels, but we need to have a way to do so that is practical in the real world. The LEAPers and others have no clue how to do that, and when presented with real world possible propositions, they go go nuts, or ignore them.

The result, naturally and correctly, is that most folks simply disbelieve and turn away from all the stuff in the little green* book, including what is in there that is correct.

Sorry I've been out having too much fun in the sun to respond to you lately. But I'm here now to say that your 'little green book' rhetoric is getting awfully monotonous. Droning on and on about how we need to transition away from fossil fuels, yet continuing to support pipelines is foolish at best, and hypocritical at worst.

Industry and government have no intention of 'transitioning away from fossil fuels', so we the people must use force to make it happen.

You're either with us or against us, HG. Which is it?
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby zoo » Feb 5th, 2019, 10:05 am

.[/quote]

Be curious no more. My home was equipped with electric heat whenI bought it; I have never owned a home with NG heating; my used electric car didn't cost any more than a gas guzzler would have, and how and where I spend my winters is no concern of yours. Any more irrelevant questions?[/quote]

ah, you got me, I challenged the normal *bleep* you see here of people posting from their soapbox about going green and then they sit in their homes pumping fossil fuels out their chimneys. I too have always been on electrical heat. 99% green. Unlike the environment unfriendly, damaging, climate changing fossil fuel of NG.
So good on you, and I'll be in mexico in a week, i'd buy you a beer but now im not telling you where im at either.

Cactusflower likes this post.
zoo
Board Meister

Liked in: 175 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 5th, 2019, 11:07 am

]
hobbyguy wrote:

Cactusflower wrote:
Sorry I've been out having too much fun in the sun to respond to you lately. But I'm here now to say that your 'little green book' rhetoric is getting awfully monotonous. Droning on and on about how we need to transition away from fossil fuels, yet continuing to support pipelines is foolish at best, and hypocritical at worst.

Industry and government have no intention of 'transitioning away from fossil fuels', so we the people must use force to make it happen.

You're either with us or against us, HG. Which is it?

Surprised you need to ask. AGAINST anything you stand for!

And BTW who exactly is "us"? You, flaming and your cat?

Here's some food for thought, imagine if rather than grain, all those rail cars that fell 200 feet off a bridge, were oil tankers instead. Certainly wouldn't have done much good for the Kicking Horse River, but hey, yeah let's stop pipelines from being built. Chances are good the next train derailment will be grain too. /sarcasm
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

twobits likes this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 6878 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 5th, 2019, 12:19 pm

zoo wrote:.

Be curious no more. My home was equipped with electric heat whenI bought it; I have never owned a home with NG heating; my used electric car didn't cost any more than a gas guzzler would have, and how and where I spend my winters is no concern of yours. Any more irrelevant questions?[/quote]

ah, you got me, I challenged the normal *bleep* you see here of people posting from their soapbox about going green and then they sit in their homes pumping fossil fuels out their chimneys. I too have always been on electrical heat. 99% green. Unlike the environment unfriendly, damaging, climate changing fossil fuel of NG.
So good on you, and I'll be in mexico in a week, i'd buy you a beer but now im not telling you where im at either.[/quote]

Fair enough. I don't want any pipeline pushers to know where I am either. Incidentally, in case you haven't heard, mainland Mexico is still having pipeline problems. They're having to ship their gasoline by truck because thieves are tapping into the pipelines. There are serious gas shortages in many states because of this. So far the Baja is the only place that's not affected, since there are no pipelines. All their gas gets shipped over to LaPaz by tanker.

Anyway, I hope you don't plan to do a lot of driving while down here. Gas is way more expensive than in Canada now, thanks to the gas thieves.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 13th, 2019, 7:26 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/ ... ng-Alberta

So does this mean that Notley no longer needs all those rail cars and pipelines? The AB government and/or CAPP can stop using Alberta taxpayers money to pay for all those insufferable ads, too. And maybe Trudeau can peddle his 4.5 billion dollar pipeline back to those guys down south.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby hobbyguy » Feb 14th, 2019, 11:51 am

CF - indeed your "litttlegreen* book" nonsense is monotonously dogmatic and impractical.

The real practical solutions to transition away from fossil fuels, which I see as necessary for many reasons that have little to do with climate change, are not in the "little green* book" nonsense. The "little green* book" nonsense is counter productive to real world solutions.

IF for example, Ontario had invested in a real solution, a Thorium reactor, it would have cost them less than the mess they created with stupid wind power, and at a lower electricity rate to consumers. And yes, AECL had a CANDU design that was convertible to Thorium before Harper sold the Design division off to SNC-Lavalin for peanuts.

The whole notion of the "against" crowd is wrong headed. Offer Canadians something better, and they will go there over time. Offer them something far worse, as the "little green* book" dogma does, and they will tell you to stuff it, and the whole situation degenerates into the inertia of polarizing stalemate.

In the meantime, we need the $$$ from the oilsands to support the livelihoods of millions of Canadians. The TMX is the best way forward for that.

Did you now that Alberta, as far back as 2007, wanted to build Candu reactors to replace coal fired plants? Getting behind something like that as a positive, non carbon energy source, and one that provides jobs across Canada (instead of importing silly solar panels from China) is something that would benefit Canada, not drag it down as the phony anti TMX crowd is doing.

But noooo, the totally myopic and worse than useless "little green* book" crowd goes absolutely nuts at the mention of nuclear power and chants the worse than useless "wind and solar, wind and solar".

2 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 14th, 2019, 4:14 pm

^^Geez, HG, don't get your knickers in a twist over this! It wasn't me who told the oil corporations to pull out of Alberta. They never cared about environmentalists in the past, and they sure as heck wouldn't be paying any attention to them now. The only thing that determines what they do is the almighty Yankee dollar.

I know you'd like to see the whole planet switch to nuclear power, but that's not going to happen anytime soon and you know it. And as long as there are enough people like you spreading false information about alternative clean energy, we're going to be stuck with dirty bitumen being mined in AB and SK for quite some time. Perhaps you can explain why that pleases you.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Postby hobbyguy » Feb 14th, 2019, 5:23 pm

^^ the typical myopathy of the "little green* book" in everything you say. If you can't understand the need of people to support their families, then it is obvious that that you are unable grasp the world as it really is.

2 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Postby Smurf » Feb 14th, 2019, 5:47 pm

Cactusflower wrote:

^^Geez, HG, don't get your knickers in a twist over this! It wasn't me who told the oil corporations to pull out of Alberta. They never cared about environmentalists in the past, and they sure as heck wouldn't be paying any attention to them now. The only thing that determines what they do is the almighty Yankee dollar.

I know you'd like to see the whole planet switch to nuclear power, but that's not going to happen anytime soon and you know it. And as long as there are enough people like you spreading false information about alternative clean energy, we're going to be stuck with dirty bitumen being mined in AB and SK for quite some time. Perhaps you can explain why that pleases you.

What False information is being spread about alternative clean energy? Please provide proof as I and I am sure many others are interested.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Guru

Liked in: 6403 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 14th, 2019, 6:22 pm

Smurf wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

What False information is being spread about alternative clean energy? Please provide proof as I and I am sure many others are interested.

Simply stated, anything and everything CF disagrees with, is deemed to be false information. :biggrin:
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

Smurf likes this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 6878 posts

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.