Kinder Morgan protestors

Re: Kinder Morgan protestors

Postby Fancy » Mar 3rd, 2019, 10:50 am

There are 46 cases still in progress, he added — 11 have made first appearances, four second appearances, 28 are set for trial, two intend to plead guilty, and there is a single bench-warrant application.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... terest-bar

Wonder when the rest of the cases will be finalized.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7601 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Mar 11th, 2019, 4:36 pm

Hmmm... according to Castanet's article the artifacts found at the construction site for the NG pipeline were not from there and had been moved.

Seems the anti-pipeline crowd in general, who try to take some sort of moral and ethical high ground, are a tad short in the ethics department.

Nothing new there really, when you consider where the anti-pipeline folks get a lot of their $$$ to "stage" protests and invent local "citizens groups".
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.

8 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 10811 posts

Postby twobits » Mar 11th, 2019, 6:53 pm

My thoughts as well. Seems rather convenient that two artifacts were found on top of of frozen clump of clay and no trace of soil that they would be found in. Quite obvious IMO that they were very common artifacts and were planted just to disrupt and discredit.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

4 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3853 posts

Postby featfan » Mar 13th, 2019, 2:09 pm

I have carried a full arrowhead and 2 partial one for years in my backpack.
While starting work on large new developments I have pretended to find them on newly disturbed ground.
Pretty funny watching cat and grader operators freak out and then call the site supervisor.
I was warned that it was Not funny doing that.
I actually asked for a real good deal on one of the lots and I think if I pushed it I would have had a pick on one.

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
featfan
Übergod

Liked in: 919 posts

Postby Hurtlander » Mar 13th, 2019, 3:39 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

7 people like this post.
Hurtlander
Guru

Liked in: 5883 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Mar 13th, 2019, 5:45 pm

^^ We've got mobile everything else, so may as well have a mobile pipeline too. [icon_lol2.gif]
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” -Bob Dylan
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Liked in: 7732 posts

Postby nepal » Mar 17th, 2019, 12:24 am

A read from another post: OMG, this makes Canadians looks like idiots, for being hood-winked by these ‘eco’-organizations and gov’t! Also, the eco-organizations have sure made native groups look stupid, by sucking them into the eco-agenda (anti-Canada oil agenda). Just watch the eco-organizations blame the natives for supporting rail tankers, if a train disaster happens (the funded eco-groups will deflect the blame to the natives, just like they’ve used them to protest pipelines for non-Canadian interests). [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/gwyn-morgan-talk-about-collusion-how-foreign-backed-anti-oil-activists-infiltrated-canadas-government

https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=81412
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nepal
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 267 posts

Postby JagXKR » Mar 28th, 2019, 5:52 pm

A First Nations consortium is planning to offer about $6.8 billion to buy a 51 per cent stake in the Trans Mountain pipeline, which the federal government purchased last year from Kinder Morgan Canada.

“We’re very close. If there was an announcement tomorrow or next week [by the federal government], we’d be ready. We’ve done a lot of work,” Wapass said in an interview with BNN Bloomberg’s Catherine Murray Thursday.

“They see the situation. They see the need of First Nations people standing up and trying to do something that is going to benefit all people – not only First Nations, but Canadians as a whole,” Wapass said.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/first-natio ... -1.1236418
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

hobbyguy likes this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1719 posts

Postby JagXKR » Jun 5th, 2019, 11:00 am

And another player enters the bidding war

https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/ ... ine-bidder

That's now two indigenous groups bidding on the TMX. Where are all the eco terrorist idiots going to go when they can't use the indigenous card in their propaganda?

"At the end of the day, the No. 1 goal is to get the product to the market."

:up: :D :clapping:

3 people like this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Postby erinmore3775 » Jun 5th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Hopefully the current government will allow this Indigenous interest and support of the TMP to encourage a change in their position on the pipeline. These groups see the pipeline as environmentally neutral and good for their communities. It is time for the provincial government to see that revenue from the pipeline can be used to initiate carbon capture and support clean energy projects.
"Justice will not come until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are injured."
- Thucydides, Greek Philosopher

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill

6 people like this post.
erinmore3775
Übergod

Liked in: 1729 posts

Postby JagXKR » Jun 18th, 2019, 3:53 pm

TMX clears another hurdle.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/25 ... reen-light

This is one thing he has said that I agree with. It took long enough, jeez.

Trudeau says he is sympathetic to concerns about the environment and the need to transition to cleaner sources of energy, but says that in order to fund that transition, Canada needs to take advantage of its natural resources while they are still needed.

Then we get this gem.

The federal cabinet is also requiring another consultation with Indigenous communities affected by the project to determine how they can potentially become economic partners in the project.

There are already 2 indigenous consortiums that want to buy into Trans Mountain. What the hell do we need more consultation for? :swear:

2 people like this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jun 18th, 2019, 4:03 pm

erinmore3775 wrote:It is time for the provincial government to see that revenue from the pipeline can be used to initiate carbon capture and support clean energy projects.

I get that if you believe in the man-made climate change hoax, that "carbon capture" would be something to look into, but please explain what "clean energy projects" are exactly. Because I have yet to really see a truly "clean" energy project, other than perhaps hydro and Nuclear power.
Al Jolson or Justin Trudeau - who did blackface better? Who's the bigger racist? Please vote and kick this embarrassing piece of *bleep* to the curb.

seewood likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 23285 posts

Postby erinmore3775 » Jun 18th, 2019, 6:43 pm

GB, you seem to have a very short memory. I have been a great supporter of hydro electric generation. I sincerely hope that more hydro generation appears in BC, however I do not believe tat you will see nuclear in this province.
"Justice will not come until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are injured."
- Thucydides, Greek Philosopher

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
erinmore3775
Übergod

Liked in: 1729 posts

Postby Mike Br. » Jun 18th, 2019, 6:50 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:Because I have yet to really see a truly "clean" energy project, other than perhaps hydro and Nuclear power.

Dilithium Chrystals, don’t you know!
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 678 posts

Postby nepal » Jun 19th, 2019, 6:39 am

The latest TMX approval is likely another load of political BS, until we actually see the two ends connected and tap turned on.
A big yawn. Hard to believe these people.
It seems they’d rather borrow money into oblivion to run the country, and then watch Canada being taken over when interest rates climb and bankrupt us. (Canada Debt/GDP ratio is now 97%, where as Norway is 40%, and Australia is 45%.. We’re pretty much F’..d)
nepal
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 267 posts

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.