Kinder Morgan protestors

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kinder Morgan protestors

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Whatever happened to that protesting Grandpa, the guy that was arrested after swimming into the Trans Mountain oil terminal? They caught him just as he was coming ashore. He was also arrested for climbing a tree and planning on staying there.
He's kind of disappeared, nothing in the media about him.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

bb49 wrote:Whatever happened to that protesting Grandpa, the guy that was arrested after swimming into the Trans Mountain oil terminal? They caught him just as he was coming ashore. He was also arrested for climbing a tree and planning on staying there.

Wait a sec … :D by chance might that have been George Haymen??? [icon_lol2.gif]
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Probably the most concentrated source of GHG generation in BC is YVR. I commented before that the "protestors" and "greenies" are all over the TMX but did nothing about a new tanker port and pipeline to supply YVR.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/what-on-earth-newsletter-air-travel-green-1.5240306

"Scientists calculate that a person taking one return flight from eastern North America to central Europe generates about the same amount of carbon emissions as they would commuting 25 kilometres a day for an entire year in a fuel-efficient car.

And it turns out that flight can actually cause twice as much warming as you'd expect from the CO2 emissions alone because of the nitrogen oxides, contrails and cirrus clouds it generates in the atmosphere."

Well "greenies"? Whatcha doin' about that? Are you flapping your arms all the way to Costa Rica to go on your "eco tour"?

When are we going to see the "greenies" chaining themselves to airport gates? Elizabeth? Kennedy? Where are you? Get out there and chain yourself to the gates of YVR! Bring some drummers, build some shacks! You can get there by Skytrain.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

southy wrote:
bb49 wrote:Whatever happened to that protesting Grandpa, the guy that was arrested after swimming into the Trans Mountain oil terminal? They caught him just as he was coming ashore. He was also arrested for climbing a tree and planning on staying there.

Wait a sec … :D by chance might that have been George Haymen??? [icon_lol2.gif]

Nope, not George.

I found him:
https://www.burnabynow.com/news/update- ... 1.23892619

Terry Christenson, plays the senior citizen role, goes on a hunger strike and is supported by Stand.Earth, an American based eco group.
He's been arrested three times and is now charged with criminal contempt of court. He's back in court the end of this month. Let's hope he comes up against a judge that frowns on disrespect of the law.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
blue iguana
Fledgling

Post by blue iguana »

Melius Energy Ships Bitumen to International Markets From the Port of Prince Rupert
Successful shipment proves the viability of the BitCrude™ transportation solution that exceeds Canadian regulatory requirements.

Calgary based Melius Energy has successfully transported bitumen from Edmonton, Alberta to Prince Rupert, British Columbia, continuing to global markets in custom 20-foot shipping containers utilizing intermodal rail and vessel infrastructure. The shipment is the company’s first BitCrude™ transportation process demonstration, proving the ability to move bitumen safely and efficiently, in adherence to Canada’s regulatory framework.
<snip>
The product that comes out of the BitCrude™ process is safe to transport in 20-foot custom shipping containers on standard rail and vessel infrastructure both domestically and internationally. Transported as a semi-solid, the bitumen is designated as a non-dangerous good and non-flammable for transportation purposes, floats in both fresh and saltwater in custom designed shipping containers and is non-toxic to marine life. The product meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements of Bill C-48, ensuring safe and efficient export out of the Port of Prince Rupert.

The BitCrude™ process uses a state-of-the-art electrically powered diluent recovery unit (DRU), avoiding further fossil fuel combustion and requires no chemicals, additives or diluent, creating both a safer product, and a facility with a reduced green house gas footprint. The DRUs are modular, stackable and scalable; all to reduce environmental impact and improve efficiencies.
No matter how talented, rich or intelligent you are, how you treat animals tells me all I need to know about you.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tmx-killer-whale-marine-traffic-1.5294445

"On the day the NEB's report was issued in February, the B.C. government announced the addition of 2,700 round trips per year on 10 routes for BC Ferries."

The NDP usurpers are such hypocritical fools.

360 extra tanker sailings add about 1.9% to the marine traffic. 2700 ferry sailings adds about 14.6% to the marine traffic...

Plus if you look at the figures, the hypocrites like Kennedy Stewart are happy and crowing about increased port traffic (bulk carriers, container ships etc. etc.) which are increasing marine traffic by 3.5% per year. And Kenedy Stewart, Gregor the goof and his ilk just love the pollution factories called cruise ships - and want more.

Give me a break. These clowns are just playing games to get and/or keep their snouts in the trough.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/30 ... s-Mountain

The court dismissed the appeal this morning from the Squamish Nation, Tsleil-Waututh Nation, the Ts’elxwéyeqw Tribes and Coldwater Indian Band, effectively ending the years-long legal battle over the project.

I wish this was the final challenge but the eco terrorists will never stop.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

This is interesting:
Two Secwepemc Chiefs have issued a joint statement that calls on on the Tiny House Warriors to "stand down" and leave their protest camps in Blue River and Moonbeam Creek.

The group, an opponent of the Trans Mountain expansion project, seeks to stop its construction by building tiny houses along the pipeline's route. Protesters have been in Blue River since 2018.

"The occupation and often disrespectful conduct of the Tiny House Warriors constitutes an intrusion into Simpcwul'ecw and a threat to our People, and the public," reads the statement from Kukpi7 Shelly Loring of Simpcw and Kukpi7 Rosanne Casimir of Tk'emlúps te Secwepemc (TteS).

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... test-camps
It seems to me if the chiefs do a better job of getting their own message out, those protesting against the agreements their bands have negotiated will have less success convincing people from outside the community that by supporting the protest, they are "standing with" the band.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “B.C.”