Washington State supports BC

Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Washington State supports BC

Post by Drip_Torch »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
George+ wrote:Buy an electric vehicle and
Stop ranting.

I'll buy an electric vehicle when they are actually affordable to the 99% and not just the 1%, and you stop ranting against affordable Site C power.

Hell yeah. I'm with you on that one and I'll add...

I'll get behind the twining of the Trans Mountain Pipeline the moment my truck starts running on the bitumen that'll flow through it.

:smt045
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Drip_Torch wrote:get behind the twining of the Trans Mountain Pipeline the moment my truck starts running on the bitumen that'll flow through it.

Likely has been for some time now.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Then buy a hybrid.

Do something.

Other than whining for the dirty oil industry.

Support..electric is cleaner than oil.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

seewood wrote:
Drip_Torch wrote:get behind the twining of the Trans Mountain Pipeline the moment my truck starts running on the bitumen that'll flow through it.

Likely has been for some time now.

If that's the case, I better change my fuel filters. :200:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Drip_Torch wrote:
If that's the case, I better change my fuel filters. :200:

That response is beneath you Drip.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

Mineral rights in Canada do not belong to the people of Canada. They are freehold... belonging to the corporation/private entity.

--------------------------------------------------------------
You are so wrong it is shocking. All minerals and mineral rights, including oil and gas, belong to the Crown. It has been that way for decades. Oil and gas corporations, for example, regularly bid on rights to explore and possibly develop Crown leases they are successful at bidding on. These companies conduct seismic surveys, drill as many exploratory holes as they deem necessary, and then make a choice as to whether to continue to retain the lease. When they extract the oil or gas, they pay a royalty to the Province, so much per barrel or MMCF. They also have to make a yearly lease payment to the Province. They also pay an awful lot in wages and taxes. Should they decide not to retain the lease with their yearly lease payments, the mineral lease returns to the Province.

There is a massive amount of income created with these industries with relatively little going to the oil company in the way of profit. It costs these companies millions every day just to continue their existence and they have a huge responsibility to their shareholders just like me. They make a profit then I make money. Mst of their income stays right here in Canada.

Roughly 50% of the BC fuel requirements comes from Washington. That means 50% of the potential income from fuel sales goes TO Washington. Profits that are desperately needed in Canada, but no, the enviro-fascists are quite happy with hard-earned Canadian wages going to America when we could be using it here. I think this borders on treason - deliberately sabotaging Canada. Should Alberta decide to shut down the KM line or use it only for crude oil, we can be absolutely guaranteed the BC economy will come close to failing. Washington will simply double or triple their prices. Who can afford $4 or $5 for gas? Companies will close and lots will move, tens of thousands of jobs will be lost, houses foreclosed, stores failing and on top of that, BC will lose billions in tax income. It's not s stretch to think of anarchy. Look it up - shocking.

Should Alberta be forced to shut the line to save themselves it would be a good idea for BC politicians and enviro-fascists like Screwzuki as well as their families to evacuate out of Province for their own safety. Alberta would NOT be a good place to go. Washington is expensive with a failing Canadian dollar. Screwzuki would simply jump into his private jet and run away to one of his other mansions.
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
burnedatstake wrote:
and BC is supporting BC. which doesnt want oil catastrophes in our waterways. .

and there won't be one. And the only ones trying to convince us that there will be one are massive cowardly losers.

The enviro-terrorists are promising that there will be an accident or a spill. This is a direct threat and is clearly against the law. Should the police start investigations regarding these threats? They seem to live in a world of "if", " what if".

T. May should have been dragged away in handcuffs.

Return to “B.C.”