BCTF - please fact check these guys

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: BCTF - please fact check these guys

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:BC teachers are in the middle of the pack when it comes to salaries across Canada.

So far from being the lowest.

So Hansman was lying. Will anyone call him out on it?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
4star60

Post by 4star60 »

Teachers are paid so poorly in BC that I know of a husband and wife both teachers who partake in the program where they take a year off every 3 or4 whatever it is and thus accept lower pay, but then complain that they are being paid too little. So to someone like myself who spent my career working overtime for no pay but got treated fairly and retired early on savings, that's agreat sob story to tell. Work less than a year and then even less than less than a year with that program. :)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

4star60 wrote:Teachers are paid so poorly in BC that I know of a husband and wife both teachers who partake in the program where they take a year off every 3 or4 whatever it is and thus accept lower pay, but then complain that they are being paid too little. So to someone like myself who spent my career working overtime for no pay but got treated fairly and retired early on savings, that's agreat sob story to tell. Work less than a year and then even less than less than a year with that program. :)

I don't want to get into "teacher-bashing" which is what the BCTF apologists always deflect to when the horrible and decrepit BCTF is brought up. I was just curious if anyone knew if Hansman was deliberately lying to the poor teachers who pay his salary, and sure enough, he apparently is lying. Any pro-BCTF'ers out there that care to rebut this?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Don't Teachers get a raise yearly regardless of job performance?
And I think everyone gets passed in school.. because failing would be a bad mark against the system. There are great Teachers and then there are Teachers who should be long gone from the classroom.
I agree with Greenie ( cue sound of Hell freezing over )
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The Green Barbarian wrote: I was just curious if anyone knew if Hansman was deliberately lying to the poor teachers who pay his salary, and sure enough, he apparently is lying.

When has the BCTF ever told the truth?
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

From listening to BCTF spokespersons it’s apparent that no matter what is given, they will always demand more. A la ‘continue to fight for better conditions for teachers bla bla bla’

Their goal is not to get working conditions to X, the goal is to always get MORE. So if they will never be satisfied regardless of what’s given, why bother give them anything? End result either way will be a union griping and treatening strikes.

No wonder the province doesn’t want to deal with them. They’re not a bargaining group they’re a whining group.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

slootman wrote:From listening to BCTF spokespersons it’s apparent that no matter what is given, they will always demand more. A la ‘continue to fight for better conditions for teachers bla bla bla’

Their goal is not to get working conditions to X, the goal is to always get MORE. So if they will never be satisfied regardless of what’s given, why bother give them anything? End result either way will be a union griping and treatening strikes.

No wonder the province doesn’t want to deal with them. They’re not a bargaining group they’re a whining group.

Bingo! :up:
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

It seems to me that Horgan going to the BCTF AGM is a clear conflict of interest. How can he bargain in good faith with the BCTF on our behalf if he is "best buds" with them???

By the way, for the teachers out there, I respect what you do and appreciate it, but your BCTF union is a complete corrupt gong show.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

No worries.

Any salary inctease will be paid out of the hundreds of millions
the Liberals held back and were ordered to pay by,
the Supreme Court of Canada.

Or by the interest earned over the 15 years!

Ah ha ha ha!

Good on the BCTF..their support with teachers has never been stronger.
They hung in there and won the supreme court ruling.

Now it is pay up, with interest.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

George+ wrote:No worries.

Any salary inctease will be paid out of the hundreds of millions
the Liberals held back and were ordered to pay by,
the Supreme Court of Canada.

Or by the interest earned over the 15 years!

Ah ha ha ha!

Good on the BCTF..their support with teachers has never been stronger.
They hung in there and won the supreme court ruling.

Now it is pay up, with interest.

Idiotic comments *removed*.

Reflecting how much control over the BC NDP/LEAP the BCTF has?

BC teachers get world class pay. Too bad that some of them are stuck with the mess that the junior varsity BC NDP (bicycle Gregor and demovictions Derek) have made in the lower mainland - but I suppose many of them voted for those two clowns...
Last edited by ferri on Mar 20th, 2018, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Not only do they get world class pay already, but I think it would also be prudent to mention, that when they opt to compare themselves with other provinces, that might pay higher, do they actually compare everything, or just the tidbits that support the agenda of the BCTF always demanding more money?

Upon reading a letter to the editor the other day, I became aware of something that I hadn't really taken note of before, that being that our hard done by BCTF membership, takes an extra week of spring break here, compared to other provinces, so not only do they get all the same stat holidays, Christmas break, Pro D days, and summer off, but they double up on spring break to boot.

I'm waiting for the BCTF to demand more vacation time next.
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

About on par with someone who cries incessantly when the Liberals have to pay lawyers, but remains completely mum, when it's Horgan creating the same situation, and that purely because he shoots his mouth off, before engaging his brain.[/quote]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are Horgan and Trudeau related?

Return to “B.C.”