Would you vote for me

common_sense_guy
Übergod

Would you vote for me

Post by common_sense_guy »

Would you vote for me if this was my platform.1- I would immediately look into the rates for electricity. The dams were built years ago and paid for by our parents tax dollars.. I believe it is Criminal what they are charging.2- I would make the rules so any politician found lying for personal gain would immediately lose their pension.3- I would freeze all salary increases for any politician Federal, provincial, local.4- I would immediately ban all non-canadians from being able to purchase property in Canada. Residential or agricultural. But would allow Outsiders to open businesses.4- I would immediately pay War veterans what they deserve as I believe all Canadians also feel this way.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Jlabute
Guru

Re: Would you vote for me

Post by Jlabute »

I would vote for you!
I would put more money in to schools and basic education. Replace all politicians with an AI box. Build the dams and pipelines, discontinue rebates for EVs, end the carbon tax, bring in more competition for insurance and mobile communications, and when I say I am going to leave the money in your left pocket, I won’t suck it out of your right pocket.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I would say you lie just like the rest of the Politicians and have no clue how Government really works.

It takes more than one person to make changes and you wouldn't have a hope in He** of doing anything.

Nice try though and if there was a hope of any of that I "might" vote for you.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

common_sense_guy wrote:Would you vote for me if this was my platform.1- I would immediately look into the rates for electricity. The dams were built years ago and paid for by our parents tax dollars.. I believe it is Criminal what they are charging.2- I would make the rules so any politician found lying for personal gain would immediately lose their pension.3- I would freeze all salary increases for any politician Federal, provincial, local.4- I would immediately ban all non-canadians from being able to purchase property in Canada. Residential or agricultural. But would allow Outsiders to open businesses.4- I would immediately pay War veterans what they deserve as I believe all Canadians also feel this way.

so far you have my vote, what is your stance on illegal refugees crossing are borders
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

common_sense_guy wrote:Would you vote for me if this was my platform.1- I would immediately look into the rates for electricity. The dams were built years ago and paid for by our parents tax dollars.. I believe it is Criminal what they are charging.2- I would make the rules so any politician found lying for personal gain would immediately lose their pension.3- I would freeze all salary increases for any politician Federal, provincial, local.4- I would immediately ban all non-canadians from being able to purchase property in Canada. Residential or agricultural. But would allow Outsiders to open businesses.4- I would immediately pay War veterans what they deserve as I believe all Canadians also feel this way.

...and the money owed for the Provincial Liberals "Run of the River" program ? The money owed in the name of BC Hydro ? that's inflated our Hydro bills.

"lying for personal gain" ??? So it perfectly OK to lie for political gain ?

What are you running for ? King ? Because what you've mentioned encompasses Federal and Provincial ????

Your user name doesn't really match your post.

As for who to vote for. In this next election, I REALLY don't want to vote for any of the parties.

Perhaps someone can explain to me why we have 338 MPs and 85 MLAs (BC), all paid very well, who virtually all vote as told by their party.

Why not just have political leaders run, the number of votes each gets is the number of votes each has to use as votes.

Why have 338 MPs, for example when members of each government vote as a block. Appears we have 334+/- too many MPs.

We play around each 4 years or so, with our local candidates promising this that and the other, but in reality if elected they are going to sit in Ottawa or Victoria and vote and say what they are told by their party.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oldtrucker wrote:Honestly Bsuds, It's not impossible.If this person has the will to put the effort in...

I'm not saying he/she couldn't run and even get elected but even if they did 1 person cannot do the things he/she is claiming they would do. Unless they are elected as King it just can't happen!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

No,
You sound utterly clueless.
Snowbound

Post by Snowbound »

I like much of what you are saying.

I see myself as a fiscal conservative and social progressive. Which is pretty much a stance no voter has a choice for today.

A couple things I would add:

1. ALL pension plans - private or CPP - will be registered in the contributors name and passed down as inheritance to the family after death. Paying your whole life into CPP and dying young so the Gov can steal it is wrong. Companies going broke and screwing people out of their pensions should be illegal.

2. Create some kind of recall legislation for elected officials. If they go offside, their constituents can demand a by-election through a percentage of voters signing a petition. 51% should do it.

3. How about a $100 tax credit for voting? We need to do something to get people out to vote.

4. Scrap all the BS spending that is going on at every level of Gov. Like the outdoor rink in Ottawa that cost us $8 million, the CRTC, much of the foreign aid, gun registry (again). I don't mind paying my taxes, but my blood boils when I see some of this garbage.

5. Review of the military pension and aid for wounded. Men have lost their lives and limbs for literally peanuts, while the fat cats in Ottawa get gold plated pensions.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Snowbound wrote:I like much of what you are saying.

I see myself as a fiscal conservative and social progressive. Which is pretty much a stance no voter has a choice for today.

A couple things I would add:

1. ALL pension plans - private or CPP - will be registered in the contributors name and passed down as inheritance to the family after death. Paying your whole life into CPP and dying young so the Gov can steal it is wrong. Companies going broke and screwing people out of their pensions should be illegal.

2. Create some kind of recall legislation for elected officials. If they go offside, their constituents can demand a by-election through a percentage of voters signing a petition. 51% should do it.

3. How about a $100 tax credit for voting? We need to do something to get people out to vote.

4. Scrap all the BS spending that is going on at every level of Gov. Like the outdoor rink in Ottawa that cost us $8 million, the CRTC, much of the foreign aid, gun registry (again). I don't mind paying my taxes, but my blood boils when I see some of this garbage.

5. Review of the military pension and aid for wounded. Men have lost their lives and limbs for literally peanuts, while the fat cats in Ottawa get gold plated pensions.

You should form a club with the OP,.

Your ideas demonstrate a total lack of understanding how the government, and frankly how reality works.

1) CPP only works because some people die at 70 to off set those who die at 100. Making endless payouts would require. ENDLESS PAYMENTS IN. Did you not think about how it would be funded?

2) Ya, that's what we need elections all the time, every year and a revolving door or newly elected flavor or the month people who are quickly recalled the next year when the political winds blow a new direction. That will sure set us up for victory!

3) If we have to bribe someone to vote, they are not informed enough to use it properly.

4) Foreign aid to help the poor and dying is "BS spending" I wish you started with that so I could have understood who I was dealing with from the get go and not wasted my time with this retort.

5) "review" well that adds up to a big bag of nothing. Are you sure your not a BC NDP MLA? all they do is review with no action.

How can you even call yourself a social progressive and call foreign aid "Bs spending"
How can you call yourself a fiscal conservative when you want to burden the Canadian pension program to the point it will quickly collapse under its own weight?
Snowbound

Post by Snowbound »

So you think it's OK to pay into something your whole working life and not get a cent of it?

As for foreign aid, I'm not against all of it, there are some worthy causes. How about we fix some of our own social issues first? How about getting some clean water into the reserves and other northern municipalities? Canada 1st.

How about you school us with some of your wisdom? You seem to think the status quo is all lolly pops and rainbows.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I'd be more likely to vote for you if the only promise you made was not to make unrealistic promises.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

oldtrucker wrote:Reinstate the Bank of Canada to provide low to no interest loans for all public spending/projects = no interest to private banks.
All federal and provincial deficits and eventually( not in my lifetime)national debt, would be gone. If you are a banker, you hate me now.

Actually, if it's anyone reading this who knows how the real world works, they pity you.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

oldtrucker wrote:
I love you too.

Thanks.

Just a quick question. Where would the funds that the Bank of Canada would lend to everyone at zero interest come from? There would be people lining up for these loans. The demand would be off the charts. Hundreds of billions of dollars would be needed. Where does it come from? Where would the Bank of Canada access this giant amount of capital?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

oldtrucker wrote:Reinstate the Bank of Canada to provide low to no interest loans for all public spending/projects = no interest to private banks.
All federal and provincial deficits and eventually( not in my lifetime)national debt, would be gone. If you are a banker, you hate me now.

How does the government giving away taxpayers money below market value pay off the debt?
Seriously.

Thread title should be amended to:

"Really bad ideas with no thought put into them"
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

I did not know who Paul Hellyer was, so i googled him.

https://www.Castanet.com/news/canadas-ex-de ... stop-wars/

Hellyer used to believe that there were between 2 and 12 different species of alien. Now, he says he's received reports that there might be as many as 80.

What's perhaps most interesting to our self-centered species is that some of them apparently look just like us. Indeed, he claimed that two alien ladies went to Las Vegas to shop dressed as nuns and no one was any the wiser.

Why would they be? This was Vegas. Try that in Springfield, Ill.

In case you feel you might have met one in your home town, some are tall ("Nordic blondes"), some are short ("Short Grays"), and some look like aliens in cartoons.

Would not vote for Paul Hellyer.

Return to “B.C.”