B.C NDP wasting more of our Tax dollars.

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: B.C NDP wasting more of our Tax dollars.

Post by flamingfingers »

Yeah, and what about the young people who are shut out of the housing market and you yell at them to 'just move' to wherever? The JOBS for them are in Vancouver but the Libs in conjunction with the realtors (who contributed mega $$$ to their coffers) and the Libs who did nothing to curb money laundering enabling 'housewives' and 'students' to buy all kind of properties has turned out to screw young people out of even renting a place to live (and work) in the Lower Mainland!!

Your sympathy is misplaced.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ You've made it clear that you don't care at all that old people who have lived in homes for decades have to move. Not nice! I care about them AND I care about young people.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

burnedatstake wrote:is there any more victims we need to whine about?
Wow! I don't think that John Horgan and Carole James would be too happy to read some of these posts from NDP'ers on here who don't care about old people being forced to move out of their homes because of an NDP surtax. Homes that they've lived in for decades. You can refer to it as whining but if you were one of those people being forced to move you might think differently.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

flamingfingers wrote:Yeah, and what about the young people who are shut out of the housing market and you yell at them to 'just move' to wherever? The JOBS for them are in Vancouver but the Libs in conjunction with the realtors (who contributed mega $$$ to their coffers) and the Libs who did nothing to curb money laundering enabling 'housewives' and 'students' to buy all kind of properties has turned out to screw young people out of even renting a place to live (and work) in the Lower Mainland!!

Which post was that responding to ? You are not making much sense, although that should not come as much of a surprise.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Those old people will have to move sooner or slightly later..maybe they will have a choice.... or not...

Old folks luxury home or funeral parlor... they are fighting against their own mortality.
Chill
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Urbane wrote:Wow! I don't think that John Horgan and Carole James would be too happy to read some of these posts from NDP'ers on here who don't care about old people being forced to move out of their homes because of an NDP surtax. Homes that they've lived in for decades. You can refer to it as whining but if you were one of those people being forced to move you might think differently.

i think they would love it. especially when they consider the context that you are one of the biggest apologetic cheerleaders of the liberals.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Aaaaah! Now I understand!

Flaminfinger, THE IMMORTAL ONE
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

flamingfingers wrote:Yeah, and what about the young people who are shut out of the housing market and you yell at them to 'just move' to wherever? The JOBS for them are in Vancouver but the Libs in conjunction with the realtors (who contributed mega $$$ to their coffers) and the Libs who did nothing to curb money laundering enabling 'housewives' and 'students' to buy all kind of properties has turned out to screw young people out of even renting a place to live (and work) in the Lower Mainland!!

Your notion of things is out of whack.

It is the junior varsity NDP under bicycle Gregor Robertson (and Geoff Meggs) who have had the levers in Vancouver for over a decade. Vancouver City policy since 1988 has been 20% social housing (a tad light) but stoopid bicycle Gregor let it drop to 8%. And who is it that just keeps issuing demolition permits for rental housing to torn down and replaced by for sale condos? Yup, bicycle Gregor and demovictions Derek Corrigan (another NDPer) who is currently allowing about 4,000 renters to be kicked out of their homes to be replaced by for sale condos.

Then ask yourself why Gregor Robertson and noVision Vancouver have refused to change zoning outside the downtown core to allow for densification?

Then ask yourself again what major city has prime areas with affordable housing? None. Not Amsterdam. Not Brisbane. Not San Fransisco. Not London. Not New York. Not Miami.

So forget yer shtick about the Liberals.
Last edited by hobbyguy on May 2nd, 2018, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Urbane wrote:^^ You've made it clear that you don't care at all that old people who have lived in homes for decades have to move. Not nice! I care about them AND I care about young people.

I don't expect any better from a bitter NDP shill who exhibits all manner of double standards and hypocrisy.

The joke is that she thinks the NDP robbing everyone they feel has deep pockets, will actually somehow help the young hard done by, or those looking to get into a home.

All the NDP shenanigans up to this point in time will prove to have the exact opposite effect, than what they would like the gullible in the general population to believe, well those and their unquestionably loyal, albeit 100% clueless, supporters.

Housing starts will decrease, jobs will disappear along with the tax revenue they generate, mortgages will be next to impossible to qualify for, with all the uncertainty surrounding this government, and the government cupboard will be bare due to less income than projected in their budget calculations, yet through all this some of the peanut chuckers still feel that the young and low income people will benefit. Good luck with that!
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

Urban Cowboy wrote:Housing starts will decrease, jobs will disappear along with the tax revenue they generate, mortgages will be next to impossible to qualify for, with all the uncertainty surrounding this government, and the government cupboard will be bare due to less income than projected in their budget calculations, yet through all this some of the peanut chuckers still feel that the young and low income people will benefit. Good luck with that!

what is this crap? ive seen all this happen under right wing governments - and all they had was excuses. so to say that left leaning governments are the sole cause of markets and corrections is absurd.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

What's actually absurd is that you deflect onto right wing government, when the whole time the Liberals had control, BC prospered, held a great credit rating, and decent unemployment level, and the level of uncertainty that banks and investors detest, was virtually non existent.

Thank our lucky stars that the Liberals were steering the ship during the 2008 crash, as I'd hate to even imagine how we would have fared under an NDP regime.

That's one of the lamest excuses for inept NDP policy that I've ever seen, but then I guess you don't have much to work with when it comes to defending Horgan and his fellow nitwits.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

And just to think that ruchardclank, burnedsteaks,horganismyhero, et als are the brightest and best the NDP can come up with for cheerleaders.

:bethecoffee: :bethecoffee:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

:up:
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Now this idiotic lot are wanting to tax homes over $3 million to generate a fund to pay for, I suspect, the upcoming teachers bargaining.

Why don't the NDG just grow the economy and reap the tax revenue from there instead of taxing people that are paper wealthy from no fault of their own but may be on a fixed income.
Tax- spend government at its finest !
I am not wealthy but I am rich
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

flamingfingers wrote:Those old people will have to move sooner or slightly later..maybe they will have a choice.... or not...

Old folks luxury home or funeral parlor... they are fighting against their own mortality.

OMG! Seriously?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “B.C.”