Cops cleared in shooting - Peter DeGroot update

Because_They_Lie
Banned

Cops cleared in shooting - Peter DeGroot update

Post by Because_They_Lie »

British Columbia's police watchdog has cleared an officer in the shooting death of a fugitive gunman found in a remote cabin following a manhunt.

Peter DeGroot is not named in the report released today, but was identified in 2014 as the man who exchanged gunfire with police when Mounties responded to reports of a dispute between two people.

DeGroot fled into the woods, triggering an influx of officers, helicopters and search dogs in the Slocan area of southeastern British Columbia.

RCMP found him in a cabin four days later and he was shot and killed during what police called an "altercation."

The Independent Investigations Office report says the investigation was drawn out because of initial evidence that DeGroot had been shot in the back, which was later countered by pathologists' analysis.

The watchdog says there is not enough evidence to consider charges against the officer, whom it concludes did not use unreasonable force.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/222414 ... n-shooting
Chyren
Board Meister

Re: Cops cleared in shooting - Peter DeGroot update

Post by Chyren »

Good news.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

:smt045 yup, we can put the conspiracy theories to rest.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

As his sister put it: "They executed my brother"

In no way was JUSTICE served in this case

Another Legal murder at the hands of the RCMP
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Because_They_Lie wrote:As his sister put it: "They executed my brother"

How could you possibly say this when, after the facts came out, that this was murder?

Have you completely forgotten the reason why they were there to begin with? He was no angel and attempted to run down the cops with his vehicle. Looks like you're agenda is clear.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Chyren wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:As his sister put it: "They executed my brother"

How could you possibly say this when, after the facts came out, that this was murder?

Have you completely forgotten the reason why they were there to begin with? He was no angel and attempted to run down the cops with his vehicle. Looks like you're agenda is clear.

Please provide the document with the information that states Peter DeGroot attempted to run down the cops with his vehicle.

you mean, my agenda for Truth and Justice to prevail on this planet as much as possible in my one lifetime? that agenda? ok call me guilty!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

But investigators eventually determined the evidence lined up better with the findings of two pathologists who said the officer was face-to-face with de Groot when he pulled the trigger.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/no-charges-after- ... -1.3864824

a series of more detailed pathology reports were commissioned — one of them by De Groot’s family — and a biomedical engineer was hired.

Eventually it was concluded that the bullet travelled through De Groot’s body from front to back, which was consistent with Officer 2’s statement to investigators.

https://www.nelsonstar.com/news/rcmp-cl ... -de-groot/
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The officer did NOT commit murder.

According to Burke's lawsuit, the length of the probe exacerbate his post-traumatic stress disorder, a condition he was first diagnosed with in 2010 but had been able to manage with treatment.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/cop-who-fatally-s ... -1.4083061
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”