Cactusflower
Banned

Revoke drivers licences of deadbeat parents

Post by Cactusflower »

Snman
Übergod

Re: Revoke drivers licences of deadbeat parents

Post by Snman »

Taking away their licence may adversely affect their ability to earn an income which, imho, would be non productive. Garnishee their wages instead.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

They have time to comply if they want to keep their job.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

AND of course, that any payment made will be considered compliance and cause a "reset" on the legal action. The process would need to start over and the associated court wait times.
The downside is that; this tactic could only be used once before a judge will become very unhappy. Those that don't want to pay can delay for years.
This driver's licence tactic will only affect those that treasure their legal privilege to drive. For the chronic deadbeat dads, they will be the only ones that will object.
Bring back the LIKE button.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Snman wrote:Taking away their licence may adversely affect their ability to earn an income which, imho, would be non productive. Garnishee their wages instead.

You obviously haven't dealt with trying to get money from a dead beat. The real ones don't work anywhere you can find them. The current Family Maintenance Enforcement is completely useless.

If the government goes for cancelling licenses they have to get a buy in from all the other provinces, or these bums will just "move" to another province and get a license there. Somewhere where they can access a mailing address.

My wife's daughter (with two toddlers) registered with FME after over a year she got 3/4's of 5/8ths of nothing. He was even living in the same town, working for cash.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

I fail to see this as an ICBC matter.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The provinces do communicate between them. Become suspended in BC and you will be suspended in all of them. Otherwise, if you are convicted of DUI anywhere in Canada, you are not permitted to drive anywhere in Canada. The same holds true for other countries.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Snman wrote:Taking away their licence may adversely affect their ability to earn an income which, imho, would be non productive. Garnishee their wages instead.

How do they deal with deadbeat parents in Alberta, Snman?
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Some employers will terminate employees if they have their wages garnisheed.

So better not do that either. Maybe just mail them a note asking "please pay".
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Too many deadbeat women shopping their vaginas around in search of sperm donors.

All they want is to have babies, dump the father and enjoy a life of child raising, collecting welfare, family maintenance payments and living in their mommies basement where they get support. Grandparents get the benefit of the children, insecure and irresponsible mothers get full control to pass their dysfunctional ways on to the next generation. Meanwhile, many fathers who wanted a family are left fighting for access to the children and are held hostage by these irresponsible baby spewing, self centered loser mothers. Many women have babies with no intention of including the father except as a long term source of finance.

Women shouldn't be having babies unless they are in a stable situation and fully prepared to provide a constant and secure environment which includes a father. Let's take the selfish mothers driver's licence away every time they deny the father access to the children to which he is entitled. Better yet, garnish their welfare and see how fast they change their tune.

Having children is a choice and if these deadbeat women made better choices there wouldn't be so many fathers behind in subsidizing these baby machines.
Someone has to say it.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

my5cents wrote:

Some employers will terminate employees if they have their wages garnisheed.

So better not do that either. Maybe just mail them a note asking "please pay".

Dismissing an employee because of a legal, non criminal, garnishee is illegal.
Garnishment, a legal means of collecting an unpaid debt through a direct payroll deduction, can be used by credit card companies, banks, and other commercial lenders, as well as federal and state agencies to collect unpaid child support, student loans, and taxes. Garnishments are governed under both federal and state law.
Title III of the Consumer Credit Protection Act (CCPA) is the federal basis for garnishment law, and it is under this act that the firing of an employee for one garnishment is prohibited. However, some states provide additional protection against termination when more than one garnishment is in place, and when this is the case, the state law will be observed. For example, in Florida, an employee can never be fired for reasons related to a garnishment.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

generalposter wrote:Too many deadbeat women shopping their vaginas around in search of sperm donors.

All they want is to have babies, dump the father and enjoy a life of child raising, collecting welfare, family maintenance payments and living in their mommies basement where they get support. Grandparents get the benefit of the children, insecure and irresponsible mothers get full control to pass their dysfunctional ways on to the next generation. Meanwhile, many fathers who wanted a family are left fighting for access to the children and are held hostage by these irresponsible baby spewing, self centered loser mothers. Many women have babies with no intention of including the father except as a long term source of finance.

Women shouldn't be having babies unless they are in a stable situation and fully prepared to provide a constant and secure environment which includes a father. Let's take the selfish mothers driver's licence away every time they deny the father access to the children to which he is entitled. Better yet, garnish their welfare and see how fast they change their tune.

Having children is a choice and if these deadbeat women made better choices there wouldn't be so many fathers behind in subsidizing these baby machines.

You can't be serious. Oh, sure......women are going to go through 9 months of hell and hours of extremely painful labour just so they don't have to go to work? Comments like this are the reason women would like to see pregnant men in the maternity ward.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:You can't be serious. Oh, sure......women are going to go through 9 months of hell and hours of extremely painful labour just so they don't have to go to work? Comments like this are the reason women would like to see pregnant men in the maternity ward.

How do you know that women are going through "9 months of hell"? All of the expecting mothers, including the mother of my children tell me it was the greatest experience of their lives.......including birth. (Which looked very painful and uncomfortable).

Have you had a child?

Sure....there are some that experience some discomforts and "leakage problems" during pregnancy, but I have yet to encounter ANY mother that either hasn't repeated the process or looks forward to doing it again in the future.

I have never heard any of them describe pregnancy as, "9 months of hell".

To be continued..........
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

......Continuation....

Not only have I have experienced all of the pains, empathy, sympathy of pre-birth, I have also single handedly delivered a baby.

I was driving with my family, "one of them less than 8 months old" on Hwy 3, when I came across a head-on crash (1st one there), There were 3 young men in one car, obviously dead from there injuries, but in the other car, was a man and a woman. The man was dead and it was obvious. The woman (his wife) had face planted into the windshield and her face was severely damaged. She had glass shards sticking out of her face and eyes. Out of 5 people she was the only one that survived......and her unborn child. She was in labour and medical help was at least 1 hour away.
It was up to me to assist with this child birth. The mother was covered in glass and so was the seat. i covered the seat with my shirt, and helped mom deliver her baby. I couldn't even give the baby to mom to hold because of all the glass.

NOT ALL men don't feel the pain and the miracle of life. Don't even attempt to paint all of us with the same brush.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
You can't be serious. Oh, sure......women are going to go through 9 months of hell and hours of extremely painful labour just so they don't have to go to work? Comments like this are the reason women would like to see pregnant men in the maternity ward.

No - comments like this hit too close to home because they are true. I know too many women doing exactly what was described. And because most of the money they are living on is tax free and therefore doesn't have to be declared on a tax return, they can say that they are "below the poverty line" which is just pure crap. We can thank Trudeau for drastically raising the child tax credit payments, for further incentivizing people not to find jobs.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “B.C.”