John Horgan's NDP are falling in the polls.

Re: John Horgan's NDP are falling in the polls.

Postby Urban Cowboy » May 3rd, 2018, 7:12 pm

Snman wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:^^Guess you were pretty PO'd that you didn't have the training and qualifications to be a journeyman and get a good union job, eh?

I got my Interprovincial Trade Ticket in Alberta in 1985 and quit the union in 1989. I'm in my 39th year in the trade. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

I think "pipe" and "smoking" just might be what's the blame for the dipper's alternate reality that they desperately cling to. :biggrin:
Pity for them that we have places such as statistics Canada, that keeps careful record of pertinent details, which we can google in mere seconds to disprove nutty claims.

Just give it another decade, and they'll be telling us BC was leading the country in economic growth during the 90's, and all workers were earning six figure incomes, during the NDP reign of terror. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

Snman likes this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 6519 posts

Postby hobbyguy » May 3rd, 2018, 7:15 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Well, if you want to go far back in history, consider the Socreds in the 1980s when mortgage rates went to 20% - it really hurt people - walking away from their houses or virtually starving to keep paying their mortgages. The entities are still there within the BC Liberal corporate trough hogs.

Ummm... the Socreds had precisely zero to do with interest rates. 'Splains why you keep defending the indefensible BC NDP thieves that usurped power in Victoria - you don't even seem to know who does what.

As far as the high interest rates - ya, they sucked, but it was called "suck it up buttercup" and all was fine in the long run for the prudent. And no, I don't recall anyone walking away from their houses. It may have happened, but only if somebody was extremely stupid, because we have recourse mortgages in Canada. Plus, when the rates went up, the mortgage rules were tighter than what you see right now, so folks generally had the room to grouse (a lot), tighten their belts, and tough it out for better times.

So you get precisely nowhere with your ill informed attempts to defend the gang of BC NDP/LEAP thieves the LG erred into governance against Canadian parliamentary tradition.
Anyone but Scheer - career pols are know nothings.

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 10197 posts

Postby Frisk » May 4th, 2018, 11:34 am

I miss the stability of the liberal government. They certainly weren't perfect but at least they knew how to run the province. It really seems like B.C. has taken a huge step back over the past year.
You've got to have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come.
Bob Ross

8 people like this post.
Frisk
Guru

Liked in: 2168 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » May 4th, 2018, 11:36 am

Dangler wrote:I guess you weren't alive in the 90s when the NDP experienced solid economic growth and job creation

The NDP certainly provided a lot of jobs for people administering the welfare rolls. That's for sure.
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

Urbane likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18516 posts

Postby flamingfingers » May 4th, 2018, 5:01 pm

Frisk wrote:I miss the stability of the liberal government. They certainly weren't perfect but at least they knew how to run the province. It really seems like B.C. has taken a huge step back over the past year.

What do you mean by 'stability'?? The present government is quite stable and there won't be another election for quite a considerable period of time.

The BC Libs knew how to run the province? [icon_lol2.gif] The didn't. That's why they are put in the bad dog Opposition box!!

And what do you mean by a 'huge step back over the past year'?
If ignorance is bliss, why is everyone so unhappy?

normaM likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6598 posts

Postby hobbyguy » May 4th, 2018, 6:25 pm

flamingfingers wrote:
Frisk wrote:I miss the stability of the liberal government. They certainly weren't perfect but at least they knew how to run the province. It really seems like B.C. has taken a huge step back over the past year.

What do you mean by 'stability'?? The present government is quite stable and there won't be another election for quite a considerable period of time.

The BC Libs knew how to run the province? [icon_lol2.gif] The didn't. That's why they are put in the bad dog Opposition box!!

And what do you mean by a 'huge step back over the past year'?

Jaja, same old dipper nonsense. This bunch are mentally unstable, and they are wrecking the economy - how's that for stability? They have flip flopped around like a fish on dock, including on stealing taxpayer $$$ to pay for their incompetently run and bankrupt excuse for a party.

The entire BC NDP/LEAP usurper excuse for a government is one big fluff up.

2 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Postby flamingfingers » May 4th, 2018, 7:03 pm

^^I wasn't asking you, but you jumped in with your shill game, paying no attention to the corruption, malfeasance and lack of fiduciary responsibility of the ChrstyLiberals. You'd be wise to check your delusions before accusing anyone else of 'mental instability'.
If ignorance is bliss, why is everyone so unhappy?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6598 posts

Postby Urbane » May 4th, 2018, 7:09 pm

flamingfingers wrote:^^I wasn't asking you, but you jumped in with your shill game, paying no attention to the corruption, malfeasance and lack of fiduciary responsibility of the ChrstyLiberals. You'd be wise to check your delusions before accusing anyone else of 'mental instability'.
You direct words like "corruption" at the previous Liberal government while simultaneously turning a blind eye to the lying and deceit coming from the current government. Horgan lied during the campaign on a number of fronts and while you have told us that you don't like his policy of having taxpayers help finance political parties I haven't yet seen you call him out for lying to voters on that subject. How about you do that now?
"Spectemur agendo"

4 people like this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 12322 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » May 4th, 2018, 7:13 pm

flamingfingers wrote:^^I wasn't asking you, but you jumped in with your shill game, paying no attention to the corruption, malfeasance and lack of fiduciary responsibility of the ChrstyLiberals. You'd be wise to check your delusions before accusing anyone else of 'mental instability'.

And if they were so bad you would think there would be charges laid and they would have not won the last election.
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.

Urbane likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18516 posts

Postby hobbyguy » May 4th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Lol. Your cheer-leading about this hopeless bunch of BC NDP incompetents in Victoria is amazing. Only Eby, Mungall, Dix and D'Arcy are doing decent jobs, the rest are so far in over their heads or just plain looney that it is laughable.

How's the great $10/day daycare scheme flop suiting you? Or stealing taxpayer $$$ to pay for the incompetently run and bankrupt NDP party? How do expect a gang that couldn't run their own party (even with stolen union dues) to run the province?? How do you expect a party that is so undemocratic that they didn't have a leadership vote to decide who was next to take a back-stabbing to provide leadership? They don't even know what it is!

The budget is a travesty! The numbers don't work and it is destroying the economy. The No Dang Plan party is proving what we already knew, "a failure to plan is a plan to fail".

I would remind you that even the little tiny Green party costed their platform, budgeted it, had a taxation plan. But the BC NDP/LEAP? Nah. Math is too hard - and they had to know that their "you can have everything for free" so called platform was junk - and if they didn't that clearly demonstrates their inability to run a popcorn stand!

3 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Postby mikest2 » May 4th, 2018, 7:34 pm

You must be getting paid, nobody can be that blind and deaf (or stupid) for free. Look in the mirror !
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

3 people like this post.
mikest2
Übergod

Liked in: 1668 posts

Postby mikest2 » May 4th, 2018, 7:37 pm

hobbyguy wrote:

{"flamingfingers"]^^I wasn't asking you, but you jumped in with your shill game, paying no attention to the corruption, malfeasance and lack of fiduciary responsibility of the ChrstyLiberals. You'd be wise to check your delusions before accusing anyone else of 'mental instability'.

Lol. Your cheer-leading about this hopeless bunch of BC NDP incompetents in Victoria is amazing. Only Eby, Mungall, Dix and D'Arcy are doing decent jobs, the rest are so far in over their heads or just plain looney that it is laughable.

How's the great $10/day daycare scheme flop suiting you? Or stealing taxpayer $$$ to pay for the incompetently run and bankrupt NDP party? How do expect a gang that couldn't run their own party (even with stolen union dues) to run the province?? How do you expect a party that is so undemocratic that they didn't have a leadership vote to decide who was next to take a back-stabbing to provide leadership? They don't even know what it is!

The budget is a travesty! The numbers don't work and it is destroying the economy. The No Dang Plan party is proving what we already knew, "a failure to plan is a plan to fail".

I would remind you that even the little tiny Green party costed their platform, budgeted it, had a taxation plan. But the BC NDP/LEAP? Nah. Math is too hard - and they had to know that their "you can have everything for free" so called platform was junk - and if they didn't that clearly demonstrates their inability to run a popcorn stand!

I actually heard a BC Government ad on the radio today, it said that daycare is now available more widely, and less expensive. Is this in fact true ? Or is it the NDPG media machine pumping sunshine up my HooHoo ?
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

rustled likes this post.
mikest2
Übergod

Liked in: 1668 posts

Postby khutchi » May 5th, 2018, 1:32 pm

I wonder if polls will even be a thing when our system stops being winner take all voting...
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
khutchi
Fledgling

Liked in: 115 posts

Postby hobbyguy » May 5th, 2018, 3:57 pm

Actually, from what I can tell, the daycare plan is indeed making daycare more affordable for a few folks. But the roll out has been a complete mess, and nobody really knows what is going on yet.

Would have been sooo much simpler, more effective, and more widespread to just roll out a refundable tax credit. But then the BC NDP couldn't play "soup nazi" with daycare operators and wouldn't be able to create a whole new bureaucracy to staff with their buddies....

4 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru

Postby burnedatstake » May 5th, 2018, 11:41 pm

im not worried about polls right wing appologists make a big deal about. im just glad that until an election the ndp has a job to do. and they are doing a great job doing it so far. if that ruffles right wing business crybabies and millionaire homeowners feathers - meh who cares.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Übergod

Liked in: 385 posts

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.