B.C. files challenge

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: B.C. files challenge

Post by hobbyguy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
Have you read something to the contrary?

LOL

It always amazes me how people can convince themselves of a lie, and then believe that lie with all of their will-power, so much so that they publicly embarrass themselves and make themselves look beyond silly. Just amazing - the devotion of a zealot is a powerful thing. And as we have seen, a tiny number of these crazy people can cause multi-millions in economic damage.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... c-new-poll

GB - I enjoyed the silver lining to this whole mess created by the know nothings in NDP/LEAP - only 8% plan to vote NDP/LEAP if the pipeline is an issue in the federal election. Hooray! Horgan and the village idiot George Heyman have reminded Canadians that the NDP... er, LEAP... er don't know what... are the most incompetent and useless party in Canada.

Jagmeet is going to be very a short lived "party leader" because of the circular firing squad that the BC NDP...er, LEAP... er, Know Nothing party has started. Mind you, as they all practice "shoot, aim, ready" the dippers may not even realize what disaster they are creating for themselves.

Plus the circular legal argument that the BC NDP are creating is just a joke. http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/opinion/article_16ac8124-62cd-11e8-b956-973dbe4da3a9.html

"So in one courtroom, lawyers will argue that B.C. should have the right to set limits on the flow of oil while in another courtroom, lawyers representing the same client (the Province of British Columbia) will argue that Alberta doesn’t have the right to set limits on the flow of oil."

SNIP

"Trudeau could have prevented much of this affair by taking a far more aggressive stance against the Horgan government from the outset.

B.C.’s attempts to stop this project are not just a challenge to Trudeau, but to the authority of every future prime minister and federal government, and should have been treated accordingly. There is already ample enough evidence present from the NDP’s own election platform for the federal government to file a legal claim against B.C., seeking damages for violating Ottawa’s legal right to approve projects in the national interest.

Sunny ways only get one so far in politics.

Sometimes elected leaders must bring the rain."

That last one I had not considered, but I haven't heard that suggestion from either major federal political party. Interesting thought though. Unfortunately, Horgan and the village idiot were actually doing not much of anything except being passive-aggressive - the usual frustrating nonsense - and that would be a tough thing to base a case on. But I do agree with the sentiment.

The screws are tightening though, and in a way, the outcome of the feds taking a stake was inevitable with green anarchist idiots like George Heyman in the usurper "government" (they can even govern themselves) in Victoria.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
seewood
Guru

Re: B.C. files challenge

Post by seewood »

hobbyguy wrote:"So in one courtroom, lawyers will argue that B.C. should have the right to set limits on the flow of oil while in another courtroom, lawyers representing the same client (the Province of British Columbia) will argue that Alberta doesn’t have the right to set limits on the flow of oil."

I'd like to see that as a headline in the Vancouver Sun and province. This lot is some kind of stupid.
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Return to “B.C.”