B.C. files challenge

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: B.C. files challenge

Post by Cactusflower »

vegas1500 wrote:

You should make a visit to fort McMurray and spew your hatred....love to see the hospitality.

Visit Fort McMurray? When pigs fly. But just to set the record straight, I read somewhere that 50% of Albertans are against the exploitation of the tar sands, and the TMX, so I apologize for lumping them all into the pro tar sands group.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:

You should make a visit to fort McMurray and spew your hatred....love to see the hospitality.

Visit Fort McMurray? When pigs fly. But just to set the record straight, I read somewhere that 50% of Albertans are against the exploitation of the tar sands, and the TMX, so I apologize for lumping them all into the pro tar sands group.

I read somewhere that I moved to BC, but that doesn't make it true.

The last couple polls have put Canada-wide support for Kinder Morgan’s project in the high 50s. In Alberta, it ranges from 84 (Ipsos) to 87 per cent (Angus Reid), while opponents represent as few as six per cent.
https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/alb ... onely-war/
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

This whole thing would really funny if it did not have serious consequences for average working folks.

We have the Federal NDP and Jagmeet doing a hop from foot to a sore ankle limp on the other as Jagmeet and crew try to square up the impossible, the LEAP faction and the "working people's" NDP. If Jagmeet tries to keep straddling both sides he will lose his balance and fall flat on his face - choose Jagmeet, choose - do you want jobs and prosperity for working Canadians or do you want the hallucinations of the latte swilling dilettante LEAPers that are lucky if they can tie their own shoes?

We have a tired old "working people's" BC NDP stalwart who didn't want to be leader but had it foist upon him because the BC NDP/LEAP can't attract leaders (a person who is truly a leader will recognize that BC NDP were always beyond leading, and with the LEAP fools - well, apologies to cats, but you can't herd cats). But wee Johnny picks up his dueling pistol after the village idiot George Heyman already fired it, and is waving it about as if he will accomplish something with it. The same old BC NDP with a LEAP twist ... fire! aim! ready! Oh crud! We shot at the NDP and working people!

We have a "working people's" NDP leader (with the most leadership skill of the 3) that got boxed in the BC NDP/LEAP errant shot and the federal NDP leader Jagmeet who is still at the stage of "which end of this do you hold???" and "what was that loud bang??". Having been shot in the back, she has little choice but to turn and fire, but of course that "turn and fire" followed the usual NDP type pattern of "fire! aim! ready!". Notley's first shot was fired at BC wine - which comes mostly from areas that support the pipeline. So Notley reloads, and once again it is "fire! aim! ready!" as she targets the rural and working people of BC who largely support the pipeline with high priced and possibly rationed gasoline.

Then Eby, he of the ambitions to be the next BC NDP/LEAP "leader" fires back, again with "fire! aim! ready!" with a challenge that says one province can not do something that would negatively affect the well being of the residents of another province - which of course is where this all began with the trigger happy village idiot George Heyman. Never mind that Eby's BC LEAP/NDP are unfairly targeting other Canadians with unfair and pointless taxation on their homes in BC. So if Eby wins, then the BC NDP lose, if Eby loses, the BC NDP lose.

The entire BC NDP/LEAP stance on the pipeline, their stance on LNG, and even their stance on site C have always been lose-lose propositions - but somehow the 5 watt bulbs in the BC NDP/LEAP can't see that, and neither can the 5 watt bulbs in the federal NDP.

It is just a circular firing squad of NDP with musket balls flying anywhere but at the target.

Unfortunately, the working people of BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Canada are along for the ride... with no good outcomes possible.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

What would we all do if we couldn't have septic pipelines?

How could we get natural gas, electricity, water, and communication without pipelines?

How about all those underground transit lines? They all run in pipelines......
Bring back the LIKE button.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

rustled wrote:
The last couple polls have put Canada-wide support for Kinder Morgan’s project in the high 50s. In Alberta, it ranges from 84 (Ipsos) to 87 per cent (Angus Reid), while opponents represent as few as six per cent.
https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/alb ... onely-war/

That's a very good article. Too bad you didn't read past the survey results. Looks like fear was the reason 33% - 37% of the Albertans who took the Ipsos and Angus Reid surveys were afraid to answer the questions truthfully. The oil industry KoolAid drinkers who yell, "Us oilfield workers should go beat these scum into the floor!" are certainly a scary bunch.

I agree with Kevin Taft, who said, "It's an unhealthy time for democracy, and I think it endangers Alberta's long-term prosperity because, like it or not, the world is going to be moving beyond fossil fuels."
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:
rustled wrote:

That's a very good article. Too bad you didn't read past the survey results. Looks like fear was the reason 33% - 37% of the Albertans who took the Ipsos and Angus Reid surveys were afraid to answer the questions truthfully. The oil industry KoolAid drinkers who yell, "Us oilfield workers should go beat these scum into the floor!" are certainly a scary bunch.

I agree with Kevin Taft, who said, "It's an unhealthy time for democracy, and I think it endangers Alberta's long-term prosperity because, like it or not, the world is going to be moving beyond fossil fuels."

Again, you post nonsense. You really need to quit posting your pointless speculation about me as fact. It does absolutely nothing to improve your credibility here.

I get why you wanted to deflect, though. You were shown to have posted something you "read somewhere" which was not borne out by facts. Instead of recognizing your error, and moving on, you try to make hay.

And in your efforts to deflect, you've gone on to post even more misinformation. Where in that piece did you find "fear was the reason 33% - 37% of the Albertans who took the Ipsos and Angus Reid surveys were afraid to answer the questions truthfully"?

And how do you make the leap from "one Edmonton man commented" to "oil industry KoolAid drinkers"?

OMG, I'm not sure why I even bother.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^So don't bother. You can't defend the indefensible anyway.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:^^So don't bother. You can't defend the indefensible anyway.

OMG, the irony.
:laugh:
:topic:
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Cactusflower wrote:[

It is extremely fortunate for you that the moderators on this site do not have the time to fact check the chit you spew on these threads and bannish you for doing so. This site is unfortunately becoming a medium for the spread of fake news no better than the crap presented as fact on Facebook like millions of pounds of rat meat sold as boneless chicken wings.
The right to express opinion is being sullied by making up BS and tying to hide behind the right of freedom of expression. That is pond scum politicking.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

It is extremely fortunate for you that the moderators on this site do not have the time to fact check the chit you spew on these threads and bannish you for doing so. This site is unfortunately becoming a medium for the spread of fake news no better than the crap presented as fact on Facebook like millions of pounds of rat meat sold as boneless chicken wings.
The right to express opinion is being sullied by making up BS and tying to hide behind the right of freedom of expression. That is pond scum politicking.

The right invented this kind of chit and are still king of the scum.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Cactusflower wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:

Love to see that in writing....dont buy it for a second. People, like yourself, are so clueless to what the oil sands has contributed to the Canadian Economy. Glad you set your record straight.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

vegas1500 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

Love to see that in writing....dont buy it for a second. People, like yourself, are so clueless to what the oil sands has contributed to the Canadian Economy. Glad you set your record straight.

You should have stopped to read that before posting it. You should accept apologies gracefully, rather than continue to be argumentative.

I apologize again for expecting an adult discussion.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote: I read somewhere that 50% of Albertans are against the exploitation of the tar sands, and the TMX, .

no doubt on a lie-filled LEAP'er website. What else is new.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Cactusflower wrote:I read somewhere that 50% of Albertans are against the exploitation of the tar sands, and the TMX, so I apologize for lumping them all into the pro tar sands group.

Same place you read that 70% of BCers "have Horgan's back"?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

OKkayak wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:I read somewhere that 50% of Albertans are against the exploitation of the tar sands, and the TMX, so I apologize for lumping them all into the pro tar sands group.

Same place you read that 70% of BCers "have Horgan's back"?

Have you read something to the contrary?

Return to “B.C.”