Re: MP-McLeods Marihauna Bill Goes Down In Flames

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

https://cfjctoday.com/article/622977/mp ... own-flames

That the Liberals would shoot down this Bill, intended to protect landlords from the damages associated with, and the dangers associated with marihuana grows in residences, is ludicrous. I wonder if these politicians who shot this one down are living in a complete bubble. Are they unaware of the issues associated with indoor marihuana cultivation? How many residences have been declared unfit for habitation following the operation of a grow op by tenants? Do they know nothing of the outrageous remediation costs? How many have burnt down? Seems that being politically correct, in all ways in relation to the legalization of pot, trumps common sense and the rights of anyone who has issues with it.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Rewiring and mold damage from FOUR plants (which will be all that are allowed)??

Don't be silly.
Chill
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

The simple remedy is to get out of the rental business and sell or go to Air B&B.
Just received a RTB ruling where the tenant dictates what I can do and hours of operation on my M2 industrial property.
hate renters and the RTB.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

flamingfingers wrote:Rewiring and mold damage from FOUR plants (which will be all that are allowed)??

Don't be silly.

If they grow their plants the same way it's done in large grows, there is moisture to deal with for sure. Do the four plants not need lights, water and ventilation? Just saying...
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

If they grow their plants the same way it's done in large grows, there is moisture to deal with for sure. Do the four plants not need lights, water and ventilation? Just saying...

Large grows - those that house a couple hundred or so plants from clones to mature flowers of course need a large electric supply, lots of ventilation, fresh in, heat and stale air out and constant fans plus many hours of trimming to growth pattern, transplanting, new soil, specific watering needs & etc.

However, 4 pot plants don't require anything NEAR that scale. If you aren't a DIY kind of person, you can get good cabinets that solve all your problems:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=grow+cab ... e&ie=UTF-8

PLUS: Landlords have the right to inspect their rental properties each month. I would expect a landlord to be asked and have to approve a tenant growing 4 pot plants as per his stipulations on location and construction.
Chill
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Sounds like some on here are pretty good at designing grow shows. Could explain a lot of things as the non-stoned people try to make sense of what those pot-puffers are always posting on here, too. Quite awful that Trudeau and his band of morons have no interest in protecting the rights of law-abiding landlords. Of course, all this means is that landlords will now be required to raise the average rents to offset the potential costs of remediation, thus putting more struggling families out on the streets. Why does the left hate poor people so much?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Sounds like some on here are pretty good at designing grow shows. Could explain a lot of things as the non-stoned people try to make sense of what those pot-puffers are always posting on here, too. Quite awful that Trudeau and his band of morons have no interest in protecting the rights of law-abiding landlords. Of course, all this means is that landlords will now be required to raise the average rents to offset the potential costs of remediation, thus putting more struggling families out on the streets. Why does the left hate poor people so much?

Oh the drama!! The day of gangs taking over houses and cutting into wiring, bashing holes in walls and flooding floors and carpets is long gone in case you haven't noticed. Landlords have always had the right to inspect their properties on 24-hour notice but apparently the exorbitant rent they charged made it possible to skip an inspection for 24 months worth, eh?

'Remediation costs' for 4 pot plants? Go pour yourself another Rebel Yell, OK?
Chill
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Treblehook wrote:https://cfjctoday.com/article/622977/mp-mcleods-marijuana-bill-goes-down-flames

That the Liberals would shoot down this Bill, intended to protect landlords from the damages associated with, and the dangers associated with marihuana grows in residences, is ludicrous. I wonder if these politicians who shot this one down are living in a complete bubble. Are they unaware of the issues associated with indoor marihuana cultivation? How many residences have been declared unfit for habitation following the operation of a grow op by tenants? Do they know nothing of the outrageous remediation costs? How many have burnt down? Seems that being politically correct, in all ways in relation to the legalization of pot, trumps common sense and the rights of anyone who has issues with it.

Look, ya'll that support this kind of thinking need to take a step back. I get that you are anti MJ, and I respect that. But what this post really is, is just fear mongering no better than the whack jobs suggesting oil is going to destroy us all if we let it be shipped off our coast. Please try to rise above that level.
Four MJ plants will never cause a mold issue in a home. To put things in perspective.....I should be screwed with the 25 or so houseplants ranging from orchids to defenbacias and everything in between that my wife cultivates in our home. We are doing just fine with no mold issues in our home.
Just keep it in perspective people and don't fear monger with BS that is reminiscent of Reefer Madness poster propaganda.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

twobits wrote:Look, ya'll that support this kind of thinking need to take a step back. I get that you are anti MJ, and I respect that. But what this post really is, is just fear mongering no better than the whack jobs suggesting oil is going to destroy us all if we let it be shipped off our coast. Please try to rise above that level.
Four MJ plants will never cause a mold issue in a home. To put things in perspective.....I should be screwed with the 25 or so houseplants ranging from orchids to defenbacias and everything in between that my wife cultivates in our home. We are doing just fine with no mold issues in our home.
Just keep it in perspective people and don't fear monger with BS that is reminiscent of Reefer Madness poster propaganda.

Madness ? Madness ? Damn, when I was young I thought it said Reefer Hardness !!
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Treblehook wrote:https://cfjctoday.com/article/622977/mp-mcleods-marijuana-bill-goes-down-flames

I never worry about four plants, I am concerned with the yahoos who add a few more just to test the landlord's resolve and tolerance. This MJ growing per household is something I've posted on before, always against it.

1. I believe, imo, that rentals will be reduced. Landlords will not want to deal with the hassle.
2. People who are looking for a rental will be ahead of the crowd IF they include that they have no intention of growing MJ in their rental. Those will be the smart renters-to-be anyways.
3. Small town rentals are notoriously difficult to find. The MJ rules may make it tougher as landlords may not want to travel out of town to check that four plants didn't mysteriously turn into more "somehow."
4. Evictions are hard enough to do, will a landlord be willing to issue one if the the grower is adding plants? Again, it's the resolve issue.
5. Maybe remediation won't be a problem, but for some, depending on the age of the house and ventilation, it may be. Who is willing to take a chance? I predict a reduction in rentals and an increase in rents/dds.
6. Unfortunately there are those who will refuse to believe that a rental is an investment that was earned. Earned. Not given over on a silver platter. There will be always those who think that the anti-MJ grow side are "nuts."

Give it time. We aren't.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Tough question.

What we have is "tenants rights" that are so far overboard that there is a shortage of rentals. That's a hangover from previous NDP governments. Before the "tenants rights" idiots got involved, it was easy to find rental accommodation - even for a long haired hippy student. The landlord would lay out the rules - and if you broke them - out on your *bleep*. So they could take more chances, and were more eager to because there was competition.

Nowadays it isn't worth it for investors to mess about with rental accommodations. Build condos, sell 'em, quick buck and no headaches. I gave up being a landlord years ago because of bad tenants - and it was really galling that they knew they could push the envelope and get away with it because of "tenants rights".

The group that were the driving force behind the "tenants rights" movement at the time were mostly dyed in the wool communists - they didn't believe that landlords should have any rights, because they didn't believe in property rights at all.

IF you could boot bad tenants, and weren't stuck with the "tenants rights" nonsense, the grow op thing would be quite simple to deal with. "No you can't" in the lease.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Good possibility BC could prohibit home cultivation or reduce the number of plants once legalization comes into effect.

OTTAWA—The Senate has rejected an attempt to prohibit Canadians from growing a small number of marijuana plants at home once recreational cannabis is legalized.

Conservative Sen. Vern White proposed an amendment to Bill C-45 that would have banned home cultivation entirely across the country.

The amendment was defeated by a vote of 40-33.

Senators have already accepted 40 amendments proposed earlier this week by the Senate’s social affairs committee, one of which would authorize provinces to ban home cultivation if they choose — as Quebec and Manitoba intend to do — or restrict the number of plants even further than proposed in the legislation.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... juana.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What about trailer parks?

If every resident in any given trailer park decides to "pool their MJ resouces" and grow four each, will the owner of said park have any rights to deal with the MJ cabal?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Good possibility BC could prohibit home cultivation or reduce the number of plants once legalization comes into effect.

OTTAWA—The Senate has rejected an attempt to prohibit Canadians from growing a small number of marijuana plants at home once recreational cannabis is legalized.

Conservative Sen. Vern White proposed an amendment to Bill C-45 that would have banned home cultivation entirely across the country.

The amendment was defeated by a vote of 40-33.

Senators have already accepted 40 amendments proposed earlier this week by the Senate’s social affairs committee, one of which would authorize provinces to ban home cultivation if they choose — as Quebec and Manitoba intend to do — or restrict the number of plants even further than proposed in the legislation.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... juana.html

Legal weed is a joke anyways. It is more illegal than its ever been now. All the libs got tricked. Imagine that. Just like the pipeline deal. Trudeau screwed Canadians.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 1st, 2018, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “B.C.”