Streaker tackled at Lions Game - Big News ?

my5cents
Guru

Streaker tackled at Lions Game - Big News ?

Post by my5cents »

As time passes, an incident at the CFL Football game between the Montreal Alouettes and the BC Lions on June 16th 2018, where a BC Lion defensive back knocked a streaker to the surface of the field is gaining more and more interest from the media.

TSN, who was broadcasting the game did not show the incident, but the media soon obtained a fan's video of the event.

The incident is now being shown on most media news programs, and is asking if the intervention by a professional football player was appropriate. The coverage is obviously stirring up interest and likely action from authorities.

Ironically many media outlets that report absolutely nothing about the CFL, find the attack on a (likely) drunken unruly fan much more worthy of air time than a Canadian sports venture that is struggling with it's fan base.

Now, I agree that the media can report on anything they want, but I find it ironic that when a negligent motorist driving like a complete fool gets a slap on the wrist for killing one or more innocent people, the media merely report the facts, without any editorial questions or comments on the merits of the injustice.

Personally I don't think it was wise for a player to get involved in a security matter, no matter how incompetent the security was, and I'm sure behind the scenes, players have been told never to do this again.

But the question remains, why the media decide to questions these actions at a football game, but blandly report "just the facts" when a negligent motorist gets a ticket after killing someone in a collision.

Interesting

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#229093
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Streaker tackled at Lions Game - Big News ?

Post by Jflem1983 »

I support the player in his decision to take his own safety into account deal with the threat and get back to work
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Funniest video I have seen in a long time.

Guy got was he was looking for; attention. Maybe not the type he was hoping for because he will feel every inch of that hit.

The player who hit him was waiting on him. You could see him watching saying "just a little closer man, I got this".

His team mates were laughing their heads off.

How long will it be before the first mention of a lawsuit?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I heard they have laid a couple of charges against the guy including trespassing so if he tries a lawsuit there is probably a deal at hand. I think he just got what he deserved, maybe next time he'll grab a brain. Even he probably feels stupid now that he's thought it over. If he doesn't then he deserves what he got. Most do stupid things in their life but then you have to own up and do whatever is necessary if anything to make it right.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I suspect that person will think twice before running across a football field again, those players are trained to tackle people. :laugh:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Actually he just ran into him. He did not tackle him and ride him into the ground like he maybe should have. He would still be collecting his senses but I suppose that would for sure be assault.

EDIT TO ADD:
oop's sorry I was just coming to say "HI".
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Smurf wrote:Actually he just ran into him. He did not tackle him and ride him into the ground like he maybe should have. He would still be collecting his senses but I suppose that would for sure be assault.

EDIT TO ADD:
oop's sorry I was just coming to say "HI".

Even just running into a trained football player would feel like hitting freight train.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

GordonH wrote:
Even just running into a trained football player would feel like hitting freight train.

So you think the streaker ran into Marcell Young ?

Looked to me like the other way around, thus it would feel like getting hit by a freight train.

2 hits. Young hits streaker, streaker hits the ground.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Even just running into a trained football player would feel like hitting freight train.

my5cents wrote:So you think the streaker ran into Marcell Young ?

Looked to me like the other way around, thus it would feel like getting hit by a freight train.

2 hits. Young hits streaker, streaker hits the ground.

impo looking at video Young nailed him, did fans a favour getting this as :cuss: hole off the field.

Like I said earlier this idiot will think twice about doing this again.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The memo from the league office needs to be re-issued. Players are NOT to get involved with fans who venture onto the field. A good lawyer could push a case like this a long way. Did the stadium beer servers over-serve this guy? And if he ventures onto the field is he responsible for his own behaviour if he's drunk? (I know, shouldn't we all be responsible?) And if a player, trained in inflicting damage, strikes and injures a player, would the league be in trouble? Some lawyers love this kind of stuff. Imagine if a player clotheslined a player or drilled him in the head with his helmet?

The league has sent this memo to players in the past, and should again. Let security look after them. Don't take the chance.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/229345 ... lawyers-up
(imo I hope the judge throws this crap out)

impo the CFL should now put in place a league wide ban (for the season including the playoffs for first offence, second offence lifetime ban league wide also including playoffs) for any fan from just prior opening kick off to end of game horn.
For entering the playing surface. This would hopefully deter future as :cuss: hole from trying this.

Staring with this as :cuss: hole

Added: if caught at any game during the ban huge fines.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

GordonH wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/229345/Lions-streaker-lawyers-up
(imo I hope the judge throws this crap out)

impo the CFL should now put in place a league wide ban (for the season including the playoffs for first offence, second offence lifetime ban league wide also including playoffs) for any fan from just prior opening kick off to end of game horn.
For entering the playing surface. This would hopefully deter future as :cuss: hole from trying this.

Staring with this as :cuss: hole

Added: if caught at any game during the ban huge fines.

I hope the BC Lions, BC place, Vancouver police didn't shoot themselves in the foot for not arresting and/or charging this individual after it took place. IMO letting him walk and go straight to the hospital with his family was the worst decision in this whole matter.
The streaker (he shouldn't get that term as he was wearing boxers), should have been arrested and taken to medical by Police.
No shocker this guy went straight to medical to get a Doctor to say he is concussed and will give a greasy lawyer a hefty percentage to try and wrangle some cash from the player, Lions, BC place and CFL.
A big lawsuit could bankrupt the CFL :biggrin:
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Simple solution. Make it take years in court. This guy will owe by the time its done
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It would be interesting if Assumed Risk would also apply to what this idiot did by entering the playing surface. If so then the judge should just be throwing this case out of his/her courtroom.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

This is why players shouldn't get involved with unruly fans......

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#229345

Return to “B.C.”