Streaker tackled at Lions Game - Big News ?

techrtr
Übergod

Re: Streaker tackled at Lions Game - Big News ?

Post by techrtr »

I think the Lions and the player will lose this one if it ever goes to court. Unreasonable force and likely assault. Professional football player in equipment takes down possibly drunk reveler and causes a brain injury.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

if you jumped in a zoo cage with a lion and were bitten would you sue because the lion bit you?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Sparki55 wrote:if you jumped in a zoo cage with a lion and were bitten would you sue because the lion bit you?

Nope, but zoo would more then likely be forced to put the lion down. Even though the lion was just being a lion... lunch is lunch (was never taught do not eat the humans).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

my5cents wrote:You must have missed the lesson on mild TBI in medical school.

TBI = (Traumatic Brain Injury) ie, concussion.

I stand corrected. Certainly I’ve heard of a concussion, but I’ve never heard of a mild concussion being referred to as a mild Traumatic Brain Injury. I’ve obviously mistaken the term “traumatic brain injury” as being a more severe type of brain injury....
Undoubtedly every single World Cup football player takes a harder thump to the noggen when hitting the ball with their heads than that streaker goof got.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

techrtr wrote:I think the Lions and the player will lose this one if it ever goes to court. Unreasonable force and likely assault. Professional football player in equipment takes down possibly drunk reveler and causes a brain injury.

Force level was completely reasonable to me. It was not even a tackle, it was just a shoulder. I hope the moron is forced to pay all court costs and his name and photo are plastered on every news site if he pursues this..

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Hassel99 wrote:
techrtr wrote:I think the Lions and the player will lose this one if it ever goes to court. Unreasonable force and likely assault. Professional football player in equipment takes down possibly drunk reveler and causes a brain injury.

Force level was completely reasonable to me. It was not even a tackle, it was just a shoulder. I hope the moron is forced to pay all court costs and his name and photo are plastered on every news site if he pursues this..

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

That will be up to a judge to decide if the force was reasonable or even legal. I personally don't think the player had any right to take matters into his own hands and take that guy down the way that he did. I would bet money that the fan will win and get compensated (or the Lions will settle before it even goes to court. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lion's lawyers have already told the team to take out their cheque book. We'll never hear about it because one condition could be that the fan never speaks publicly about the incident or the settlement).
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

techrtr wrote:That will be up to a judge to decide if the force was reasonable or even legal. I personally don't think the player had any right to take matters into his own hands and take that guy down the way that he did. I would bet money that the fan will win and get compensated (or the Lions will settle before it even goes to court. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lion's lawyers have already told the team to take out their cheque book. We'll never hear about it because one condition could be that the fan never speaks publicly about the incident or the settlement).

At least the player had every right being on the field, the as :cuss: hole without pants had absolutely no right being there.
BC place has ban him from stadium for a year... so no games, concerts etc... etc. So good on them
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Well, don't be surprised if the dude gets the last laugh. Silly hijinks are no reason to give someone a head injury. I know a lot of people think it makes a great highlight reel but think about it - would you do that to some guy who walks across your front yard (and what do you think could happen if you did)? The guy on the field clearly wasn't a threat to anyone. The player should have let security or the police handle it - that's their job.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Lawsuit may not get far
A sports law professor told Sportsnet that a lawsuit may not get far because the fan was trespassing, and Robillard said that the behavior is not only “against the Trespass Act, it’s also a Criminal Code offense for mischief for interfering with other people’s enjoyment who’ve paid for tickets to watch the event.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/str ... 07945.html
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

hope sooooooo.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

techrtr wrote:Well, don't be surprised if the dude gets the last laugh. Silly hijinks are no reason to give someone a head injury. I know a lot of people think it makes a great highlight reel but think about it - would you do that to some guy who walks across your front yard (and what do you think could happen if you did)? The guy on the field clearly wasn't a threat to anyone. The player should have let security or the police handle it - that's their job.

poop happens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxR6jFIkyp0 better safe then sorry
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

the truth wrote:
techrtr wrote:Well, don't be surprised if the dude gets the last laugh. Silly hijinks are no reason to give someone a head injury. I know a lot of people think it makes a great highlight reel but think about it - would you do that to some guy who walks across your front yard (and what do you think could happen if you did)? The guy on the field clearly wasn't a threat to anyone. The player should have let security or the police handle it - that's their job.

poop happens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxR6jFIkyp0 better safe then sorry

Yeah, I remember when that happened. Really too bad because I think that was the end of Seles's tennis career.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

It will be interesting to see what happens. People are losing jobs and having careers ruined for making a remark that someone doesn't like.
We'll see if the law regards knocking someone down as being as serious as name calling.
Black Dogs Matter
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

They did not do their job, that is why the player pushed him to the ground.
If you called the cops , how long do you think that would take ? First they want your name, address etc, then they send someone over.. how long?
Get the guy off the field and play ball..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

bob vernon wrote:Well the guy has now got a lawyer. This talk about banning him from Lions games for life is no penalty. The league is garbage with a bunch of clowns shucking and jiving and high fiving for stopping the other team on second down. Do the teams have choreographers to dream up end zone celebrations? It's a waste of time watching this trash. The reffing is brutal, too. The CFL has descended to the level of pro wrestling.

So. if I'm reading you right, you don't like the CFL?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “B.C.”