NDP inks tentative deals with unions, but terms and details.

Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

NDP inks tentative deals with unions, but terms and details.

Post by Leifer »

Hang on to your wallets ladies and gentlemen!

Payback time for the massive union donations to the NDP. As usual, under the NDP, the tax payer has no right to know where our money is going.

This may sting a little. :cuss:

http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/ndp-inks-tentative-deals-with-unions-but-terms-and-details-elusive
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
LordEd
Guru

Re: NDP inks tentative deals with unions, but terms and deta

Post by LordEd »

Let's look to the past...
gordon_as wrote:I can't fault the Libs for fundraising , however , when the generous donor later gets a contract worth $ 200,000,000.00 with little or no competition allowed , I call that a BRIBE. When that agreement ends up costing the taxpayer DOUBLE what it should then it's time to turf the government and jail anyone who did anything illegal.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

maryjane48 wrote:those upgrades could have waited as it is not the road, it is the way folks drive as in speeding. that's the bribe , spend tax money where , you can have best chance get votes , as opposed to where it is needed as in healthcare
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

So now I ask... Does giving your supporters an easy ride in awarding contracts mean their donation was a BRIBE?

Edit: unclear sentence.

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Keeping contract details quiet until the contract is ratified is common practice. But I do agree that a so called "government" that owes money to unions is not the best negotiator, even if it is just the appearances. Without details, not much to criticize.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

If anyone out there is surprised by this back door dealing of the NDP , sure there still a few Fast Ferries for sale . :200: :200:
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Since when have things like details or facts been used to imply bribery?

I am just looking for the above posters to apply the same logic here as in the past.

Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

The BCTF deal was against all school boards and back roomed as ever. This is tentative details of actual talks. I feel it is different. Don't get me wrong I expect the next actual reality of the NDP financials to be a couple billion in the hole at least, but 2% over 3 years isn't some shady crap. Giving a union full control of things they should not control certainly is and if that happens in these contracts again then there really is a problem.
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

The BCTF deal was against all school boards and back roomed as ever. This is tentative details of actual talks. I feel it is different. Don't get me wrong I expect the next actual reality of the NDP financials to be a couple billion in the hole at least, but 2% over 3 years isn't some shady crap. Giving a union full control of things they should not control certainly is and if that happens in these contracts again then there really is a problem.

It's the benefit packages that I'm worried about and that's where the big dollars will be. The fact that they are touting 2% makes me very worried. The unions will still get rewarded.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Cactusflower wrote:He must not do any research anymore or he would know that the only reason the former (disgraced) Premier okayed the pipeline was because CAPP greased her palms. If you want proof just google the BC Liberals donation history.

Aha, I searched and found government unions donated to the NDP. Its PROOF! :up:

We must work to the same standards, right?

Return to “B.C.”