Gender X

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Gender X

Post by Queen K »

Who here identifies as Gender X and plans to use it?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#240970

People who consider themselves neither male nor female now have the right to use an X to designate their gender on British Columbia-issued identification including a driver's licence, birth certificate, identity card and BC Services card.

The ministries of Health, Attorney General and Citizens Services say they have worked together on changes to government documents as a way to respect issues of gender identity.

Attorney General David Eby says in a news release a lack of an alternative for people who do not identify with the male or female designation has resulted in cases that were being considered at the Human Rights Tribunal.

Gwen Haworth, a member of the trans community and project manager for Trans Care BC, says in a statement having identification documents that reflect who they are positively affects access to services, such as education, employment and housing.

People born in B.C. can change their gender designation on an identity document by submitting a Change of Gender Designation application, along with a copy of their doctor's or psychologist's confirmation form, to the Vital Statistics Agency.

Those who were born outside of B.C. but are now residents of the province can submit a BC Services Card Change of Gender Designation application, with a copy of a doctor or psychologist's confirmation form, to Health Insurance B.C.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Snman
Übergod

Re: Gender X

Post by Snman »

Silliness, imho. What is there to gain by declaring one is neither male nor female? The reality is that one MUST be one or the other. It just never stops, the silliness.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
mandk

Post by mandk »

This is a pretty sad state of affairs
an open mind is like an open wound,it catches every disease that comes along
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Must be some actual problems the government could tackle.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

I’m a bit confused here. So is this for the .02% of the population that is born with a chromosomal abnormality (intersex?). Or is this for people who are transitioning sexes and get lost in translation?
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Instead of creating a gender that doesn't actually exist, wouldn't it have been easier to simply stop recording gender on things like driver's licenses? I mean if your name, photo and signature are all on there, why do they need to list your gender as well?
Just wondering.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Good question, why need it at all?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Maybe cause when they're hunting people down they don't have to show a pic for you to decide on gender, they just say it.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

wonder how many will change to it. Kinda like it.. one more step towards being blank reg
My I love that show... from Max Headroom
Blank Reg
Reg (W. Morgan Sheppard) is a "blank", a person not indexed in the government's database. He broadcasts the underground Big Time Television Network from his bus.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm going to have to watch that show. I've always heard of it but never watched it from start to finish.
FuzzyLogic

Post by FuzzyLogic »

Gender isn't even listed on driver's licenses.

Are they going to add Gender so both Sex and Gender are listed?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

FuzzyLogic wrote:Gender isn't even listed on driver's licenses.

Are they going to add Gender so both Sex and Gender are listed?

LOL. Do we need to get the biology books out. Do we let dogs decide if they are male or female. What about chickens ? Pretty sure man and woman are just animals like a chicken or a dog.

Are you suggesting you know more than modern science
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Animals are treated better than most people and most people like their animals better after getting to know most people.

So I'm going with some guys are not going to id as Gender X any day soon.

But what of those who are androgenous?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Queen K wrote:Animals are treated better than most people and most people like their animals better after getting to know most people.

So I'm going with some guys are not going to id as Gender X any day soon.

But what of those who are androgenous?

Isn't that a planet the Enterprise found itself at once? :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Merry wrote:Instead of creating a gender that doesn't actually exist, wouldn't it have been easier to simply stop recording gender on things like driver's licenses? I mean if your name, photo and signature are all on there, why do they need to list your gender as well?
Just wondering.

Why stop at gender? May as well get rid of eye colour since I identify as brown eyes given the fact I personally identify as a 6 foot 5, 30 year old handsome black dude with a 24 inch penis. Only an extreme bigot would attack by identity by disagreeing.
Last edited by Glacier on Nov 5th, 2018, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “B.C.”