Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby southy » Jul 13th, 2019, 6:02 pm

Merry wrote:I have to wonder why Polak insists on continuing to make HR matters public? It couldn't possibly be for purely political reasons, could it? Surely a member of a committee that deals with such confidential matters wouldn't keep running to the Press just to try to make a political foe look bad, would she?

Oh, I guess she would!!!!!

Speaking of making HR matters public - two names .. Plecas and his sidekick Mullen. Did I tell you how much I DON'T trust these two arrogant (insert whatever word you like).

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 989 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jul 13th, 2019, 6:58 pm

Merry wrote:I have to wonder why Polak insists on continuing to make HR matters public? It couldn't possibly be for purely political reasons, could it? Surely a member of a committee that deals with such confidential matters wouldn't keep running to the Press just to try to make a political foe look bad, would she?

Oh, I guess she would!!!!!

Of course she would. She is a veritable sieve.

But isn't she breaking her oath of office to keep 'confidential matters confidential'???
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.

Merry likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6855 posts

Postby Merry » Jul 13th, 2019, 7:20 pm

southy wrote:Did I tell you how much I DON'T trust these two arrogant (insert whatever word you like).

It is irrelevant what you (or Polak) think of those two; when you are a sitting member of a committee that deals with HR matters you are supposed to keep deliberations about employees CONFIDENTIAL.

This particular member has been running off at the mouth to anybody who'll listen, divulging all sorts of stuff that she has no right to be divulging.

Petty Party politics, or personal vendettas have no place in HR matters. Particularly when loose lips could result in expensive law suits that you and I will end up footing the bill for.

Ms Polak needs to learn to keep her mouth shut.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

flamingfingers likes this post.
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 8458 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jul 13th, 2019, 7:33 pm

Is there any other member of the Legislative Management Committee who has run off at the mouth about confidential matters like Mary Polak has?

No.

She needs to be kicked off this committee!
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.

Merry likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6855 posts

Postby southy » Jul 13th, 2019, 7:40 pm

[icon_lol2.gif] yup- ok!
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby southy » Jul 13th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Merry wrote:
southy wrote:Did I tell you how much I DON'T trust these two arrogant (insert whatever word you like).

Petty Party politics, or personal vendettas have no place in HR matters. Particularly when loose lips could result in expensive law suits that you and I will end up footing the bill for.

Yes Mary you are absolutely correct in saying loose lips could result in expensive law suits. Just ask your fearless leader Horgan.
How much money is Mr. Wilson going receive? :130: .... You and ff have a good night now.
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby burnedatstake » Jul 13th, 2019, 7:58 pm

southy wrote:Yes Mary you are absolutely correct in saying loose lips could result in expensive law suits. Just ask your fearless leader Horgan.
How much money is Mr. Wilson going receive? :130: .... You and ff have a good night now.

not as much as he had hoped. besides i fully support horgan calling out that weasel and charlatan who is a career politician. the accusations were fully based on facts. this clown did nothing to get us LNG contracts. and he was selling us down the river with bad deals to petronas.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 492 posts

Postby Merry » Jul 13th, 2019, 11:39 pm

southy wrote:
Merry wrote:Petty Party politics, or personal vendettas have no place in HR matters. Particularly when loose lips could result in expensive law suits that you and I will end up footing the bill for.

Yes Mary you are absolutely correct in saying loose lips could result in expensive law suits. Just ask your fearless leader Horgan.

For what it's worth, I didn't vote for the Provincial NDP in the last election; I voted Liberal.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Guru

Postby Urbane » Jul 14th, 2019, 11:32 am

Merry wrote:It is irrelevant what you (or Polak) think of those two; when you are a sitting member of a committee that deals with HR matters you are supposed to keep deliberations about employees CONFIDENTIAL.

This particular member has been running off at the mouth to anybody who'll listen, divulging all sorts of stuff that she has no right to be divulging.

Ms Polak needs to learn to keep her mouth shut.
I agree with you, Merry. Polak should respect the confidentiality required of her. There's someone else there at the Legislature who runs his mouth off and I think that needs to be acknowledged. That individual was roundly criticized by Beverley McLachlin and rightly so.

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 13057 posts

Postby Urbane » Jul 16th, 2019, 11:44 am

Never a dull moment when it comes to Plecas and Mullen:

VICTORIA (NEWS 1130) – The B.C. Liberals have plenty of questions about a cross-continent fact-finding mission involving the legislative Speaker’s chief of staff.

Alan Mullen’s trip across North America is supposed to be about learning how security works in other jurisdictions.

However, the official opposition is asking why he needs to go.

“It’s hard to understand how this tour could be appropriate,” B.C. Liberal House Leader Mary Polak says. “I guess in the first instance, I’m not aware of any particular expertise that Mr. Mullen has to be conducting a review of security of the Legislature. Nevertheless, that’s the stated reason for his trip.”

Polak adds she’s been provided no itinerary for Mullen’s trip, just a “loose list” of places he plans to visit. The Liberals have asked the Speaker for clarification, she notes.

How much this trip is going to cost is another question the official opposition is asking.
Full article: https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/07/16 ... -roadtrip/

Smurf likes this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 13057 posts

Postby Merry » Jul 16th, 2019, 4:05 pm

Urbane wrote:Never a dull moment when it comes to Plecas and Mullen:

VICTORIA (NEWS 1130) – The B.C. Liberals have plenty of questions about a cross-continent fact-finding mission involving the legislative Speaker’s chief of staff.

Alan Mullen’s trip across North America is supposed to be about learning how security works in other jurisdictions.

However, the official opposition is asking why he needs to go.

I'd need more information before deciding whether this trip is a good idea or not but, on the face of it, it never hurts to see how other folks are doing things - what works and what doesn't. It's one of my pet peeves that Governments often waste a lot of time and money "reinventing the wheel" instead of learning from the experience of others.

So, until I know a bit more, I'm not prepared to pass judgement on this idea one way or the other.

flamingfingers likes this post.
Merry
Guru

Previous

Return to B.C.