Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby burnedatstake » Feb 10th, 2019, 8:36 pm

Urbane wrote:^^ Clearly, you missed the point that was making . . . totally!


i find this happens a lot. sometimes irrational points are simply moot and thus they are difficult to rationalize?
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Übergod
 
Posts: 1779
Likes: 713 posts
Liked in: 446 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby flamingfingers » Feb 10th, 2019, 8:39 pm

^^Not in the slightest Urbane but your use of multitasking is inappropriate when you speak of your attempts to view the situation from both sides, which you are not able to do unbiastly because of your dislike for Plecas.
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20926
Likes: 6413 posts
Liked in: 6644 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby Urbane » Feb 10th, 2019, 8:50 pm

    flamingfingers wrote:^^Not in the slightest Urbane but your use of multitasking is inappropriate when you speak of your attempts to view the situation from both sides, which you are not able to do unbiastly because of your dislike for Plecas.

Those who can't refute the arguments from others resort to comments such as yours . . . oh you just don't like him. People can judge whether you are biased or unbiased but in the meantime how about you get back on topic and discuss the actual subject of this thread. It's not me.
"Spectemur agendo"

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21824
Likes: 10072 posts
Liked in: 12644 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby burnedatstake » Feb 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

flamingfingers wrote:^^Not in the slightest Urbane but your use of multitasking is inappropriate when you speak of your attempts to view the situation from both sides, which you are not able to do unbiastly because of your dislike for Plecas.


you would have to be crazy to think that some in here that rationalize and intellectualize things are not partisan. they protest too much that they are not. that is your first clue.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Übergod
 
Posts: 1779
Likes: 713 posts
Liked in: 446 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby Carrs Landing Viking » Feb 10th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Urbane wrote:^^ Clearly, you missed the point that was making . . . totally!



Trying to have a rational conversation with 2 year olds is like trying to pizz in the wind. :D

Urbane likes this post.
User avatar
Carrs Landing Viking
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 862
Likes: 10714 posts
Liked in: 1232 posts
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010, 8:06 pm

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby burnedatstake » Feb 10th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:Trying to have a rational conversation with 2 year olds is like trying to pizz in the wind. :D


ya but right wingers always go back and eat the yellow snow - even when their guys rob, cheat and steal us all blind. and then they have the nerve to talk bipartisan or ask for objectivity.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Übergod
 
Posts: 1779
Likes: 713 posts
Liked in: 446 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby LANDM » Feb 11th, 2019, 7:07 am

burnedatstake wrote:
Carrs Landing Viking wrote:Trying to have a rational conversation with 2 year olds is like trying to pizz in the wind. :D


ya but right wingers always go back and eat the yellow snow - even when their guys rob, cheat and steal us all blind. and then they have the nerve to talk bipartisan or ask for objectivity.


Interesting that you admit the inability to be bipartisan or objective in this conversation simply because of how someone else votes.

So, you have actually been "stolen blind"? Wow. That must suck.

3 people like this post.
LANDM
Guru
 
Posts: 7020
Likes: 2023 posts
Liked in: 3900 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby Hurtlander » Feb 11th, 2019, 7:58 am

I’m still waiting to hear the official explanation from James and Lenz as to how they can justify some of their purchases. For instance the wood splitter... if I really really really stretch my imagination, I can sorta, kinda, maybe believe that the wood splitter (and power saw) were necessary purchases, because you never know when an emergency cooking, and warming fire will need to be made on the lawn of the legislature after a storm has blown down some trees knocking out the electricity. However the reality of that ever happening is somewhere between zero and zero.
According to the report way back in this thread, this is the make and model of the wood splitter, note that it has it’s own wheels and trailer hitch..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Hurtlander on Feb 11th, 2019, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Hurtlander
Guru
 
Posts: 7014
Likes: 1840 posts
Liked in: 4813 posts
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby Hurtlander » Feb 11th, 2019, 8:01 am

However I can’t help but believe that the make and model of the trailer James purchased was strictly for personal use.. That trailer is overkill for moving a bit of firewood across the lawn of the legislature building, a wheelbarrow would do just fine..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Hurtlander
Guru
 
Posts: 7014
Likes: 1840 posts
Liked in: 4813 posts
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby LordEd » Feb 11th, 2019, 8:18 am

According to the response, the purchase was approved by a committee, and there was to be some concrete pad built with delays.

Both of these involve other people and would have some form of emails or documentation. That makes the statements testable.
I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to be punished for it. (User profile -> Search user’s posts)
https://xkcd.com/1357/
LordEd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3876
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 2461 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 9:22 am

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby Hurtlander » Feb 11th, 2019, 8:34 am

LordEd wrote:According to the response, the purchase was approved by a committee, and there was to be some concrete pad built with delays.

Both of these involve other people and would have some form of emails or documentation. That makes the statements testable.

As I said above, I’m waiting to hear the official explanation. I’m curious as to who was on the committee....
In all seriousness, a person would have to be very nieve, possibly even brain dead, to not grasp the simple idea that if trees did indeed need to be bucked and split on the lawn of the legislature, that would be done by a certified contractor supplying that type of service, using their own equipment... there’s probably not three people in the entire legislature building would even know how to sharpen a chainsaw properly.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Hurtlander
Guru
 
Posts: 7014
Likes: 1840 posts
Liked in: 4813 posts
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby LANDM » Feb 11th, 2019, 9:20 am

Hurtlander wrote:I’m still waiting to hear the official explanation from James and Lenz as to how they can justify some of their purchases. For instance the wood splitter... if I really really really stretch my imagination, I can sorta, kinda, maybe believe that the wood splitter (and power saw) were necessary purchases, because you never know when an emergency cooking, and warming fire will need to be made on the lawn of the legislature after a storm has blown down some trees knocking out the electricity. However the reality of that ever happening is somewhere between zero and zero.
According to the report way back in this thread, this is the make and model of the wood splitter, note that it has it’s own wheels and trailer hitch..


They gave their official explanation. Why not just read it instead of commenting incorrectly and further questioning what has already been said, in writing.

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
LANDM
Guru
 
Posts: 7020
Likes: 2023 posts
Liked in: 3900 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 11th, 2019, 10:36 am

burnedatstake wrote:
Carrs Landing Viking wrote:Trying to have a rational conversation with 2 year olds is like trying to pizz in the wind. :D


ya but right wingers always go back and eat the yellow snow - even when their guys rob, cheat and steal us all blind. and then they have the nerve to talk bipartisan or ask for objectivity.


LANDM wrote:
Interesting that you admit the inability to be bipartisan or objective in this conversation simply because of how someone else votes.

So, you have actually been "stolen blind"? Wow. That must suck.


Well I certainly do believe the "blind" part. :biggrin:
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4718
Likes: 5032 posts
Liked in: 6874 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby Hurtlander » Feb 11th, 2019, 12:30 pm

LANDM wrote:
Hurtlander wrote:I’m still waiting to hear the official explanation from James and Lenz as to how they can justify some of their purchases. For instance the wood splitter... if I really really really stretch my imagination, I can sorta, kinda, maybe believe that the wood splitter (and power saw) were necessary purchases, because you never know when an emergency cooking, and warming fire will need to be made on the lawn of the legislature after a storm has blown down some trees knocking out the electricity. However the reality of that ever happening is somewhere between zero and zero.
According to the report way back in this thread, this is the make and model of the wood splitter, note that it has it’s own wheels and trailer hitch..


They gave their official explanation. Why not just read it instead of commenting incorrectly and further questioning what has already been said, in writing.

Their explanation was rather vague and non conclusive, they’re pleading their innocence with nothing to back it up. I want to see something definitive to support their explanation beyond lip service..
As LordEd said above, there should be a testable paper trail to support their argument that the tree cutting equipment was approved by a committee, the public deserves to see the paper trail. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn the committee was made up of three individuals, James and Lenz being two of them.
User avatar
Hurtlander
Guru
 
Posts: 7014
Likes: 1840 posts
Liked in: 4813 posts
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

Re: Legislative clerk and Sergeant of Arms suspended

Postby LANDM » Feb 11th, 2019, 1:00 pm

Hurtlander wrote:
LANDM wrote:
They gave their official explanation. Why not just read it instead of commenting incorrectly and further questioning what has already been said, in writing.

Their explanation was rather vague and non conclusive, they’re pleading their innocence with nothing to back it up. I want to see something definitive to support their explanation beyond lip service..
As LordEd said above, there should be a testable paper trail to support their argument that the tree cutting equipment was approved by a committee, the public deserves to see the paper trail. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn the committee was made up of three individuals, James and Lenz being two of them.


How can they give proof if they are barred from accessing any of the documents? It would be impossible to furnish a paper trail.

So, you want an official answer from them...they gave it....you don’t believe them. Yet, their explanation is 100% polar from what Plecas has claimed yet you believe him.

I’m not sure where the truth lies but, as I have said, I have a feeling it is somewhere in between the parties. Plecas' report was full of innuendo and doubt and I think that is a lousy way to kill off someone’s reputation.
LANDM
Guru
 
Posts: 7020
Likes: 2023 posts
Liked in: 3900 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ckil, CommonCrawl [Bot], Jx3 and 1 guest