NDP has huge surplus

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: NDP has huge surplus

Post by hobbyguy »

^^ ain't legit. That's why "sticky fingers" Horgan is listed as "appointed". The BC NDP clown car did NOT win the election - they were losers as befits them.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

If the Liberals had won the election they would be in power right now , but they didn't so they aren't. Thank God.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

gordon_as wrote:If the Liberals had won the election they would be in power right now , but they didn't so they aren't.

Lol. Good one.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

gordon_as wrote:If the Liberals had won the election they would be in power right now , but they didn't so they aren't. Thank God.

The Liberals in fact won the last election. :biggrin:
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

No , they threw it away , by sticking with one of the least liked leaders in the country.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^^ Hope you are not a math teacher.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

gordon_as wrote:No , they threw it away , by sticking with one of the least liked leaders in the country.

2017 BC Election results;

Liberals-43 seats
NDP-41 seats
Greens-3 seats
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

How dare you bring facts into a political discussion.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

IF the BC Liberals had 'won' the election, they would have had to garner 44 seats. They didn't.
Chill
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

flamingfingers wrote:IF the BC Liberals had 'won' the election, they would have had to garner 44 seats. They didn't.

So you agree the NDP did not win the election then?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

The Lt Gov after consultation with a good many of her peers in other jurisdictions and legal advice from across Canada rejected Christy's plea for another election and invited Horgan to discuss the possibility of him forming government

Horgan assured the Lt Gov he could form government with the CASA agreement in place with the Greens. Together, they represented the majority of voters in BC.

IF this alliance was in any way 'illegal' the election outcome would have appeared in the courts immediately and the province would be in limbo until a court decision was made.

You don't like it? Tough.
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Now, can we quit fighting the last election and get :topic:

It's great to see that the new government has a surplus without having to raid ICBC or BC Hydro. I am glad that surplus money is going into education, health care (something Adrian Dix has done a huge job successfully), housing and improving seniors' care in nursing homes.
Chill
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

flamingfingers wrote:It's great to see that the new government has a surplus without having to raid ICBC or BC Hydro. I am glad that surplus money is going into education, health care (something Adrian Dix has done a huge job successfully), housing and improving seniors' care in nursing homes.

Personally I believe the NDG are trying to figure out how to pay for the Dease Tunnel replacement.( and the Patullo Bridge) NDG have taken tolls off the table so the repayments have to come from general revenue. Sooo the NDG can quickly make the so called surplus disappear with bridge loan repayments, give cheap housing in one of the most expensive jurisdictions in the world, or just continue to study the issues...

I suspect they will continue to do nothing and study whatever some more.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^You can personally believe anything you want. It would be preferable if you believed in facts.
Chill
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Veovis wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:IF the BC Liberals had 'won' the election, they would have had to garner 44 seats. They didn't.

So you agree the NDP did not win the election then?

You are arguing with the worst case of NDP rationale ever seen.

You could bet a significant sum safely, that if it were the NDP who had actually won the election with 43 seats, yet got the boot while usurpers took over, this person would be singing a completely different tune.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “B.C.”