ICBC expected to submit basic insurance rate hike

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: ICBC expected to submit basic insurance rate hike

Post by Cactusflower »

^^ I thought we were. Of course, my renewal date isn't until spring, so I'll just have to wait and see what happens then.
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

Well done BC Idiot drivers, Idiot speedsters , Idiot I dont give a fat rats rectum Idiots. Well done over paid management WELL DONE.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bsuds wrote:
dirtguy wrote:after the 40% discount

Wow...what kind of truck? I don't pay near that on my F350 DRW.
dirtguy wrote:

2016 GMC 3500 Denali

OK, mine is a 2008 F350 crew cab long box dually and between ICBC and Bel Air Direct I pay about 1200 per year.
I do get a Seniors discount which helps a bit.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Just think, the rest of the free world can choose to leave and pick a different insurance company if they find their current company too expensive. At least the free market doesn't force us good drivers to have to piggy back the high risk drivers.

Way to go BC :up:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

OKkayak wrote:Just think, the rest of the free world can choose to leave and pick a different insurance company if they find their current company too expensive. At least the free market doesn't force us good drivers to have to piggy back the high risk drivers.

Way to go BC :up:

Interesting thing is neither of the free enterprise political parties in BC who held power. Never tried to dismantle icbc in many years they held power. Social credit who knocked out ndp who started icbc only short time earlier, or BC liberals.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
theoldguy

Post by theoldguy »

Just my thoughts.... A few years ago, my car was rear ended and I was clearly not to blame. I required massage therapy but at that time, ICBC would only pay $25 per visit and allowed only 10 visits. The average cost per visit was $50 so was I to pay the rest? If the doctor said I needed more treatments than 10, who was going to pay? Then ICBC told me that if I did not follow thru on the massage therapy, which I could not afford, that obviously I was not hurt. Had ICBC immediately covered all the costs associated with me, the victim, I would have been happy with a small settlement. Instead, they refused to help out and thus, I was forced to seek legal help. The lawyers were happy to see me and were sure they could come to terms with ICBC as they said the tactics ICBC used were intimidation of victims and threats of legal action. They said that ICBC usually acts tough right up until the court date and then things would happen, which is exactly what happened. Through all this, ICBC spent lots of money on their high priced lawyers working on the case and in the end, also paid a much higher settlement then what I expected. Had ICBC treated me fairly at the start, paid for all the medical treatments required in full without question, and offered a small settlement, I would have been happy. But in the end, they paid a huge sum of money to their lawyers and a bigger settlement to me and then they always say that they have to raise ICBC rates due to the number of accidents and claims. It is my opinion, most of the money is wasted by ICBC and their lawyer in fighting little claims by victims. If the benefits were paid to the victims promptly, more people would be happy but no, ICBC treats everyone like a crook. They should look at themselves.
otaburian

Post by otaburian »

ICBC, monopoly company. They have no competition and their managers are not able to make profit? I would fire all managers instantly. We need to open this market to everyone! Like in the rest of the world. I am from Czech Republic, I traveled a lot and I have never seen anything like this. Its organized crime.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

GordonH wrote:Interesting thing is neither of the free enterprise political parties in BC who held power. Never tried to dismantle icbc in many years they held power. Social credit who knocked out ndp who started icbc only short time earlier, or BC liberals.

Do you blame 'em?

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

theoldguy wrote:Just my thoughts.... A few years ago, my car was rear ended and I was clearly not to blame. I required massage therapy but at that time, ICBC would only pay $25 per visit and allowed only 10 visits. The average cost per visit was $50 so was I to pay the rest? If the doctor said I needed more treatments than 10, who was going to pay? Then ICBC told me that if I did not follow thru on the massage therapy, which I could not afford, that obviously I was not hurt. Had ICBC immediately covered all the costs associated with me, the victim, I would have been happy with a small settlement. Instead, they refused to help out and thus, I was forced to seek legal help. The lawyers were happy to see me and were sure they could come to terms with ICBC as they said the tactics ICBC used were intimidation of victims and threats of legal action. They said that ICBC usually acts tough right up until the court date and then things would happen, which is exactly what happened. Through all this, ICBC spent lots of money on their high priced lawyers working on the case and in the end, also paid a much higher settlement then what I expected. Had ICBC treated me fairly at the start, paid for all the medical treatments required in full without question, and offered a small settlement, I would have been happy. But in the end, they paid a huge sum of money to their lawyers and a bigger settlement to me and then they always say that they have to raise ICBC rates due to the number of accidents and claims. It is my opinion, most of the money is wasted by ICBC and their lawyer in fighting little claims by victims. If the benefits were paid to the victims promptly, more people would be happy but no, ICBC treats everyone like a crook. They should look at themselves.

DEAD ON "theoldguy"...………….going through the same ICBC practices at this time...………..7 years and counting. They are incapable of pulling their own heads and the lying politicians heads out of their own :cuss: holes. What part of "permanent" and not "minor" do they not understand. Also, ICBC should do more fraud work in the Surrey area to lower the so-called losses.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

This what I would like to know:
Attachments
Wilkinson ICBC.JPG
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Wilkinson has it right:

LEADER of the Official Opposition Andrew Wilkinson said on Friday that the ICBC rate increase by the NDP shows that it is time for a complete overhaul of the 45-year-old state-owned monopoly.

“ICBC is a 45-year-old state-run monopoly and hasn’t been fixed by any government,” said B.C. Liberal Leader Wilkinson. “British Columbians already pay the highest auto insurance rates in Canada. Today’s rate increase shows that no matter how much David Eby and the NDP try to blame others for the situation at ICBC, British Columbians are the ones paying the price and that is not fair.”
Full article: https://www.voiceonline.com/rate-increa ... wilkinson/
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Urbane wrote:Wilkinson has it right:

LEADER of the Official Opposition Andrew Wilkinson said on Friday that the ICBC rate increase by the NDP shows that it is time for a complete overhaul of the 45-year-old state-owned monopoly.

“ICBC is a 45-year-old state-run monopoly and hasn’t been fixed by any government,” said B.C. Liberal Leader Wilkinson. “British Columbians already pay the highest auto insurance rates in Canada. Today’s rate increase shows that no matter how much David Eby and the NDP try to blame others for the situation at ICBC, British Columbians are the ones paying the price and that is not fair.”
Full article: https://www.voiceonline.com/rate-increa ... wilkinson/

Bingo! Pay off the debt and cut up the credit card. Here's a chance for the NDP to shine but nope and showing the people of BC they truly do care :up:
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

“ICBC is a 45-year-old state-run monopoly and hasn’t been fixed by any government,” said B.C. Liberal Leader Wilkinson.

:laugh:

No, the BC Liberals didn't care to 'fix it' in their 16+ years in power because they were using it as a cash cow to 'balance' their budgets and drove ICBC into a $1.3 billion dollar deficit!!
Chill
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

flamingfingers wrote:No, the BC Liberals didn't care to 'fix it' in their 16+ years in power because they were using it as a cash cow to 'balance' their budgets and drove ICBC into a $1.3 billion dollar deficit!!

The Liberals aren't in power right now. They had their chance, they didn't do the right thing but the past is the past. We're in the present now, lets focus on what can be done instead of what has been done because fleecing us sure ain't the right thing to do.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

I think what is being done is on the correct road to fixing the problem - capping legal fees for minor injury claims, higher rates for bad drivers, moderately increasing the basic insurance rate (approx $63 per year) and the forecast of increased rates for optional insurance (which can be had through private insurers).

I guess it blows apart the myth that you can have anything you want for free if there is an NDP government, eh?
Chill

Return to “B.C.”