Nanaimo: perhaps split the vote?

Re: Nanaimo: perhaps split the vote?

Postby gordon_as » Jan 31st, 2019, 3:10 pm

Richard Zussman

Verified account

@richardzussman
38m38 minutes ago
More
Andrew Wilkinson says 3 Liberal MLAs have already told him they are not running again. Won’t tell us who. #bcpoli

hhmm , I wonder if John Martin is one of those three ?
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/248191 ... A-s-office
New for 2018 : Now posting at the maturity level of the average Lieberal cheerleader. Any intelligent remarks or verifiable facts are probably accidental.

2 people like this post.
gordon_as
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1020 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 31st, 2019, 3:12 pm

*removed*

By the time the repercussions of the Plecas Report finish reverberating throughout BC, the BC Liberals will be busy inventing yet another new name. History proves that's the only way they can stay in the game.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 31st, 2019, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting

normaM likes this post.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 878 posts

Postby Urbane » Jan 31st, 2019, 3:19 pm

^^ Getting back on topic . . . the byelection results were no surprise. Despite one outlier poll that showed the Liberals ahead the other polls got it right and Keith Baldrey, as usual, got it right as well. Nanaimo is a strong NDP area but it was good to see the Liberal percentage of the vote way up. I think the most interesting thing was the collapse of the Green vote. What will Weaver do now? More of the same, i.e. supporting Horgan no matter what? We'll see . . .
"Spectemur agendo"

Pete Podoski likes this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 12275 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 31st, 2019, 3:24 pm

And how are they going to try to do this?

Cody Younker

@CodyYounker
Follow Follow @CodyYounker
More
Just like @keithbaldrey stated tonight, the @bcliberals need to convince some of their long time folks to move on. The party needs to get younger, more women and have people from all different ethnicities or it stands no chance of winning in 2021.

If ignorance is bliss, why is everyone so unhappy?

Cactusflower likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6578 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 31st, 2019, 3:26 pm

gordon_as wrote:
Richard Zussman

Verified account

@richardzussman
38m38 minutes ago
More
Andrew Wilkinson says 3 Liberal MLAs have already told him they are not running again. Won’t tell us who. #bcpoli

hhmm , I wonder if John Martin is one of those three ?
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/248191 ... A-s-office

My, my..........the wheels of justice certainly grind slowly, don't they? And odd how this story isn't reported until after the by-election. How many others are waiting in the wings? And how long do we have to wait to see justice done in the Rich Coleman/logging company dispute. Then there's deJong, and........what? I strayed off topic? Sorry about that!
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 878 posts

Postby Drip_Torch » Jan 31st, 2019, 3:30 pm

Urbane wrote:^^ Getting back on topic . . . the byelection results were no surprise.

Okay, the by-election results were no surprise, but that's not to say there weren't a few surprises along the way...

CBC National

Untitled-2.jpg

Georgia Straight

Untitled-1.jpg

And, of course, the mainstreet research poll, but who didn't laugh out loud at that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...

2 people like this post.
Drip_Torch
Übergod

Liked in: 1032 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 31st, 2019, 3:34 pm

flamingfingers wrote:And how are they going to try to do this?

They could develop a disgusting and evil racist and sexist policy banning people of a certain gender and race from being nominated, but no one is that stupid.
How do you destroy a political party? Elect a part-time drama teacher as your leader because of his last name.

2019 - The year we get rid of the Liberals and their drunken farm wife spending.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 18407 posts

Postby Pete Podoski » Jan 31st, 2019, 3:47 pm

flamingfingers wrote:And how are they going to try to do this?

Cody Younker

@CodyYounker
Follow Follow @CodyYounker
More
Just like @keithbaldrey stated tonight, the @bcliberals need to convince some of their long time folks to move on. The party needs to get younger, more women and have people from all different ethnicities or it stands no chance of winning in 2021.

Who is Cody Younker to tell a successful political party that has won 5 straight elections what to do?

He's a young kid with a twitter account. Good for him.

The N.D.P. is imploding federally with a non-white leader. Is THAT something to be proud of, to tell others to have more people from minorities, when the bigoted N.D.P. won't even support their own leader because he's not a white boy from the union?

2 people like this post.
Pete Podoski
Board Meister

Liked in: 935 posts

Postby baron1963 » Jan 31st, 2019, 3:58 pm

Am I the only liberal supporter that believed we could win this riding - we didn’t bring in all our big guns to finish second. I have my doubts about Wilkinson, he definitely doesn’t have ‘win at any cost’ mentality of Christy Clark.
baron1963

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 31st, 2019, 4:39 pm

baron1963 wrote:Am I the only liberal supporter that believed we could win this riding - we didn’t bring in all our big guns to finish second. I have my doubts about Wilkinson, he definitely doesn’t have ‘win at any cost’ mentality of Christy Clark.

In some ways perhaps it was a win, in that they picked up votes, and this gives them more time to prepare for 2021, as well as time for the NDP to implode. Remember the fallout from a number of the NDP initiatives is still to come.

Most Liberal supporters were resigned to the fact that winning Nanaimo wasn't an easy task by any stretch of the imagination. It would be akin to what it would take for the NDP to win West Kelowna. :biggrin:
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 6455 posts

Postby baron1963 » Jan 31st, 2019, 4:51 pm

OMG, when did finishing in 2nd almost count as a win. Reminds me when I was coaching hockey and we weren’t allowed to tell kids that they were cut from the team but somehow we had to explain to them that they weren’t good enough for the team without hurting their feelings

Cactusflower likes this post.
baron1963

Postby normaM » Jan 31st, 2019, 4:55 pm

Goodness.. I hate to see what happens when a fav Sports team loses.
Throw yourself in a volcano?
And the name calling is beyond, yea, NDP supporters so stupid, blah blah blah
You all should have travelled to Nanaimo, driven voters to polling stations, sold your hair to send campaign Contibutions to your fave, etc.
Better to light a single candle
If onion rings are wrong I don't wanna be right
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4203 posts

Postby mikest2 » Jan 31st, 2019, 5:33 pm

baron1963 wrote:OMG, when did finishing in 2nd almost count as a win. Reminds me when I was coaching hockey and we weren’t allowed to tell kids that they were cut from the team but somehow we had to explain to them that they weren’t good enough for the team without hurting their feelings

When the NDP formed government without winning more seats than the Libs
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

3 people like this post.
mikest2
Übergod

Liked in: 1658 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 31st, 2019, 5:42 pm

mikest2 wrote:
baron1963 wrote:OMG, when did finishing in 2nd almost count as a win. Reminds me when I was coaching hockey and we weren’t allowed to tell kids that they were cut from the team but somehow we had to explain to them that they weren’t good enough for the team without hurting their feelings

:up:

Good point mikest2. Just ask any of the NDP cheerleaders baron1963. :biggrin:
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. Most people listen with the intent to reply.” -Stephen R. Covey
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 6455 posts

Postby baron1963 » Jan 31st, 2019, 5:44 pm

mikest2 wrote:

So now we are lowering ourselves to the NDP.
baron1963

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.