Gas in BC going up

Gas in BC going up

Postby vinnied » Dec 29th, 2018, 11:18 am

A lot if tax increases heading our way. And gasoline is no exception..

"British Columbians will continue throughout the year, with the carbon tax leaping from $35 per ton to $40 per ton on Apr. 1, 2019.

"This tacks 8.89 cents on to every litre of gasoline bought in B.C."

Wonder how strong the yellow vest movement will actually get

butterbutt likes this post.
vinnied
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 868 posts

Re: Gas in BC going up

Postby dontrump » Dec 29th, 2018, 12:24 pm

I hope very strong I see natural gas is going up 9% people should protest over the 18% carbon tax most Canadians are either too dumb or too lazy to take notice of the awful carbon tax on nat gas heating bills :swear:
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 721 posts

Postby twobits » Dec 29th, 2018, 5:18 pm

dontrump wrote:I hope very strong I see natural gas is going up 9% people should protest over the 18% carbon tax most Canadians are either too dumb or too lazy to take notice of the awful carbon tax on nat gas heating bills :swear:

Natural Gas is bad, Site C electricity is bad......I am so confused at how I should heat my home. That stack of eight used tires by the shop might become valuable shortly.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

3 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3671 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Dec 29th, 2018, 5:21 pm

With the big push to go all out electric, gases won't be the only things being priced
out of reach of consumers.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 3583 posts

Postby LTD » Dec 29th, 2018, 5:29 pm

dontrump wrote:I hope very strong I see natural gas is going up 9% people should protest over the 18% carbon tax most Canadians are either too dumb or too lazy to take notice of the awful carbon tax on nat gas heating bills :swear:

get yourself a woodstove your neighbors wont like it but you will :smt045
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3411 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 29th, 2018, 6:57 pm

For those who don't actually need a big vehicle or truck, maybe it is time to get a more fuel efficient vehicle... just saying.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

the truth likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8462 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby vinnied » Dec 29th, 2018, 7:03 pm

GordonH wrote:For those who don't actually need a big vehicle or truck, maybe it is time to get a more fuel efficient vehicle... just saying.

Crazy thing is, people aren't buying fuel efficient vehicles. Ford and Chevy will both stop making there fuel efficient cars. instead they are focusing on the big sellers SUV's and pickups, until the electric market takes off
vinnied
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 868 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 29th, 2018, 7:07 pm

GordonH wrote:For those who don't actually need a big vehicle or truck, maybe it is time to get a more fuel efficient vehicle... just saying.

vinnied wrote:Crazy thing is, people aren't buying fuel efficient vehicles. Ford and Chevy will both stop making there fuel efficient cars. instead they are focusing on the big sellers SUV's and pickups, until the electric market takes off

That's okay, since NA vehicles tend to be *bleep* anyway. I will continue to purchase fuel efficient European or Asian vehicle, better overall quality, until hydrogen station start popping up.
Last edited by GordonH on Dec 29th, 2018, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby twobits » Dec 29th, 2018, 7:10 pm

LTD wrote:get yourself a woodstove your neighbors wont like it but you will :smt045

NDP will put a carbon tax on Crown harvested firewood as soon as they realize there might be a revenue stream they are missing that keeps people in energy poverty. It would look really bad for carbon taxed elect and NG users to be cold while wood burners were cozy.
Yes, tongue in cheek. But maybe not.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3671 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 29th, 2018, 7:22 pm

LTD wrote:get yourself a woodstove your neighbors wont like it but you will :smt045

twobits wrote:NDP will put a carbon tax on Crown harvested firewood as soon as they realize there might be a revenue stream they are missing that keeps people in energy poverty. It would look really bad for carbon taxed elect and NG users to be cold while wood burners were cozy.
Yes, tongue in cheek. But maybe not.

With all that co2 released into atmosphere every year due to massive forest fires, potential taxes up in smoke.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Postby Symbonite » Dec 29th, 2018, 10:01 pm

everyone better get down to Penticton....its 104.9 right now
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 865 posts

Postby Smurf » Dec 30th, 2018, 7:45 am

The carbon tax is going to make average people so poor they certainly will not be able to upgrade their homes and cars as the dreamers claim they must. The rising cost of consumer goods, fuel, etc, due to this tax is going break the back of many people. I can certainly understand the protests in France and can actually see it coming here as people get hurt more and more.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

2 people like this post.
Smurf
Guru

Liked in: 6409 posts

Postby dontrump » Dec 30th, 2018, 8:30 am

Smurf wrote:The carbon tax is going to make average people so poor they certainly will not be able to upgrade their homes and cars as the dreamers claim they must. The rising cost of consumer goods, fuel, etc, due to this tax is going break the back of many people. I can certainly understand the protests in France and can actually see it coming here as people get hurt more and more.

The people in france are a little over the top protest wise But I think the muslim influx besides a few other things has just added fuel to the fire and this is a result

Glacier likes this post.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby dontrump » Dec 30th, 2018, 8:31 am

forgot to ask does this carbon tax go into general revenues or what exactly and why do welfare type familys get a rebate?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby JagXKR » Dec 30th, 2018, 9:17 am

General Revenues. But with this NDG garbage government you never really know.

BTW thanks Canco for starting the gas price war in Penticton. 104.9!!!!!!
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1351 posts

Next

Return to B.C.