Gas in BC going up

Re: Gas in BC going up

Postby spooker » Dec 30th, 2018, 9:38 am

Did we really expect things to stay the same?

All we have to do to get "free" energy is look up ... if we had started going solar 10 or even 20 years ago we'd not be worrying so much now about carbon-based forms ...

I'll use my bike more and my furnace less ... Santa brought me new socks!
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato
spooker
Übergod

Liked in: 823 posts

Postby 2manyfords » Dec 30th, 2018, 9:53 am

Solar and "free" in the same sentence..... :laugh:

Back on topic tho.....the carbon tax will only hurt the middle class more, and force more into poverty. Why should I have to wear thick clothes in my own home to try and save more money?

I like the woodstove idea...always had one. But good luck getting a permit for a "new" install....

3 people like this post.
2manyfords
Fledgling

Liked in: 199 posts

Postby LTD » Dec 30th, 2018, 10:08 am

2manyfords wrote:Solar and "free" in the same sentence..... :laugh:

Back on topic tho.....the carbon tax will only hurt the middle class more, and force more into poverty. Why should I have to wear thick clothes in my own home to try and save more money?

I like the woodstove idea...always had one. But good luck getting a permit for a "new" install....

permit isn't a big deal as long as you have an approved stove although I im sure some areas of town may not allow them
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3404 posts

Postby LTD » Dec 30th, 2018, 10:20 am

spooker wrote:Did we really expect things to stay the same?

All we have to do to get "free" energy is look up ... if we had started going solar 10 or even 20 years ago we'd not be worrying so much now about carbon-based forms ...

if you went solar 20 years ago you would be bankrupt trying to pay for it and it isn't any more affordable now

2 people like this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Postby dontrump » Dec 30th, 2018, 11:01 am

LOL I would love to see u heat your home with solar in Prince George wheres its below freezing 6 months of the year

3 people like this post.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 718 posts

Postby JagXKR » Dec 30th, 2018, 12:18 pm

All we have to do to get "free" energy is look up ...

Really? I can get energy from the clouds? When did this happen? You should submit a paper to all the scientific journals with your new found discovery of energy from the clouds.

More eco bunk from the reality challenged.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

2 people like this post.
JagXKR
Übergod

Liked in: 1347 posts

Postby spooker » Dec 30th, 2018, 12:48 pm

LTD wrote:if you went solar 20 years ago you would be bankrupt trying to pay for it and it isn't any more affordable now

Yeah ... my friend a few blocks over loves getting a credit cheque from Fortis each month after he installed the 12kW setup on his roof last year ... I'm jealous that he has a south facing roof line and I'm probably buying his leftovers ...

As for "affordable" ... we don't have any issues throwing our money away on new cars that only cost us money ... no payback there ... I don't pick on cars because I ride a bike, it's just the easiest example to use in this case, we pay for many things that are disposable ...
--
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato
spooker
Übergod

Liked in: 823 posts

Postby lesliepaul » Dec 30th, 2018, 12:59 pm

80.9 to 86.9 cents a liter in Winnipeg two days ago. That's only 37 to 42 cents a liter less than this greed infested part of Canada. Please do not tell me it is shipping costs to "god's country".
lesliepaul
Übergod

Liked in: 1133 posts

Postby LTD » Dec 30th, 2018, 1:52 pm

I have friends in Australia that got sucked in to the whole checks from the power company thing, funny thing tho once more and more people spent 30 or 40k installing solar the checks suddenly weren't available anymore and now they just have a big bill to finish paying off and a maintenance nightmare. They hate their system, in order for it to be completely stand alone they need more panels and rows of batteries so theyre still paying for power as well, I guess on the upside they figure the system will have paid for itself when theyre around 94 years old :up:
LTD
Lord of the Board

Postby Smurf » Dec 30th, 2018, 4:57 pm

spooker wrote:
SNIP:

Yeah ... my friend a few blocks over loves getting a credit cheque from Fortis each month after he installed the 12kW setup on his roof last year ... I'm jealous that he has a south facing roof line and I'm probably buying his leftovers ..

What did his system cost him?
Does he have a large battery bank for night?
Does he have electric heat?
Will he have it paid off by the time he has to start replacing it all?
It would be interesting to know the truth.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Guru

Liked in: 6401 posts

Postby dontrump » Dec 30th, 2018, 5:51 pm

lesliepaul wrote:80.9 to 86.9 cents a liter in Winnipeg two days ago. That's only 37 to 42 cents a liter less than this greed infested part of Canada. Please do not tell me it is shipping costs to "god's country".

hard to believe oil in bc alberta refined in bc at PG and we pay 1.27 in the Okanagan???
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 718 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 30th, 2018, 6:02 pm

lesliepaul wrote:80.9 to 86.9 cents a liter in Winnipeg two days ago. That's only 37 to 42 cents a liter less than this greed infested part of Canada. Please do not tell me it is shipping costs to "god's country".

dontrump wrote:hard to believe oil in bc alberta refined in bc at PG and we pay 1.27 in the Okanagan???

Gasoline & diesel products we get in the southern interior come from Edmonton via the KM pipeline to the terminal in Kamloops.
PG refinery products are distributed to north/central BC.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8431 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby twobits » Dec 30th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Talk to us when you need to replace batteries for your free energy system and you are in a 12 month waiting list for knee surgery so you might be able to ride a bike again.
Talk to us again when you don't make selfish assumptions that anyone can afford a 5kw solar setup, everyone is capable because of weather or physical limitations to ride a bike, and even if they are capable......are they expected to ride 10, 20, 30 km's to get even basic groceries or meds?
You are seriously out of touch.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

2 people like this post.
twobits
Guru

Liked in: 3654 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 30th, 2018, 7:42 pm

I can only imagine how customers of the service Skip the Dishes would like it if the delivery people only used bicycles, would = cold meals & long wait times.
But the delivery people are very fit. lol
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8431 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 30th, 2018, 8:54 pm

When have car gas has ever gone down instead of UP?

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/11- ... 03-eng.htm
Overpopulation threatens all life on earth.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6644 posts

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.