2019 Tax Assessments

gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: 2019 Tax Assessments

Post by gman313 »

Glacier wrote:My neighbour's property went up 700%!
propertyvalue.png

address? there must be a reason like they built a house on it or something
Bikes

Post by Bikes »

dontrump wrote:
Bikes wrote:Mine has climbed almost 100% in 4 years! How the hell do we protest this crap?

well that's good news if your into having your home become a debt free equity;; remember if your over 55
you can defer your taxes as long as your still alive :130:

stick your happy crap back where it came from.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Jlabute wrote:Mine went up 12%. Which is probably the largest I’ve had.

My mistake. My assessment came. It is 13% this year. 18% last year, and 14% for each of two years before that.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

propertyvalue.png

Glace.....you should get a drill rig on your lot cuz the only thing besides a clerical error here is a producing oil well.
Check for the clerical error before you bring in the rig.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

twobits wrote:Glace.....you should get a drill rig on your lot cuz the only thing besides a clerical error here is a producing oil well.
Check for the clerical error before you bring in the rig.

I neglected to mention that he built a new house on the empty lot.

Anyway, the rate rise in Kelowna and the CO was just over 6%. That's a lot lower than most of the province. I predict a big correction this year and next. The assessments are already 6 months old, and even back then they were showing that we on the downhill side of the curve.

housingpricesco.png

bcassessmentrise.jpg

EDIT: wow, check out the Fort Nelson! Oil and Gas are tanking! Thank you, NDP (Yes, I know it's really their fault)!

bcassessmentrise2.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

propertyvalue.png

a few guesses

1) it was never reassessed for years ( seen that a few times)
2) was raw land and finally built a house on it
3) moved from alr to commercial
4) went from farm status to regular
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Am thinking the Okanagan will be spared from huge drops. It will drop but it will be mitigated by the amount of mortgage free investment that is flowing this way. Wild cards remain however. Kelowna proper and west, could take a bigger hit because of the NDP wealth tax. North and south though.....not so much. Might even attract some investment from NDP avoidance.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Hard to believe there is a lot anywhere in the Okanagan valley that had a assessed value of 65K
even over on west side by Indian reserve there well over 100K
cheapest POS lot in the entire vernon ,bx, armstong area is like 165K if u can even find one
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

Like all of us being ripped off by this BC assessment . I am up 43% in 3 yrs and I will be complaining this time for sure
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

funny how no one complains about their assessment being to low for so many years
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

LTD wrote:funny how no one complains about their assessment being to low for so many years

why? what annoys me is a guy on buchanan road has 9.9 acres in alr and a big house etc and hes pays almost no prop tax and water rates that equate to about 1969 era because he has so called farm status
talk about unfair this is a perfect example as all one has to do is prove 2500$ gross income if and when they ever bother to audit the property;; so like buy and sell 3 -4 steers and have them as lawn mowers for the summer

he adds zero to the economy, hes gets a income tax deduction, he pays very little property tax he waters his lawn with 35 cent water and in the end we all pay for his so called "farm status"

what really pisses me off about this situation is he uses the school bus system for his kids ,school system gets all the same things for his property tax as we do and yet I paid 3800$ and he paid $500 and hes adds ZERO to the so called Framers output of BC he is of ZERO value to our food productions
Last edited by dontrump on Feb 14th, 2019, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Tax Assessments are nothing but a make work project for those employed at the Dickson Ave. address.
If you want information as to how your value is arrived at you get the mumbo-jumbo answers ?

First they tell you it's based on sales in your area but if your adjoining neighbours have identical units built at the same time assessed at $30,000 more the story you get is that no units in your complex have sold ?

It doesn't matter what the assessment says, can I really sell my place for the assessed value or above that ?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

one wheel wrote:Tax Assessments are nothing but a make work project for those employed at the Dickson Ave. address.
If you want information as to how your value is arrived at you get the mumbo-jumbo answers ?

First they tell you it's based on sales in your area but if your adjoining neighbours have identical units built at the same time assessed at $30,000 more the story you get is that no units in your complex have sold ?

It doesn't matter what the assessment says, can I really sell my place for the assessed value or above that ?

To address your question I find BC assessment value is usually lower than what u can sell your place for
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My neighbour across the street thinks he can sell his place for $100,000 above the assessed! LOL, no wonder why it's been on the market for 4 months with no bites!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

dontrump wrote:
LTD wrote:funny how no one complains about their assessment being to low for so many years

why? what annoys me is a guy on buchanan road has 9.9 acres in alr and a big house etc and hes pays almost no prop tax and water rates that equate to about 1969 era because he has so called farm status
talk about unfair this is a perfect example as all one has to do is prove 2500$ gross income if and when they ever bother to audit the property;; so like but and sell 3 -4 steers and have them as lawn mowers for the summer

he adds zero to the economy, hes gets a income tax deduction, he pays very little property tax he waters his lawn with 35 cent water and in the end we all pay for his so called "farm status"

yes its fantastic I to have farm status its great no complaints here and nothing stopping you from buying something with farm status, I bet you never complained when your property had a low assessment for years on end, and how exactly do you know he adds zero to the economy?

Return to “B.C.”