Svend may come back to steal again

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby delSol97 » Jan 16th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Fancy wrote:Have to go to any school that has had a child take something that doesn't belong to them. Doesn't matter age, doesn't matter gender, just matters people make mistakes.


You called my analogy silly ... twice now you've brought up 'children'.

We're talking a grown *bleep* adult, in a position of power, stealing a $21,000 item.

Having now typed that equating politicians to children might not be as far off the mark as I originally thought.

3 people like this post.
delSol97
Board Meister
 
Posts: 665
Likes: 113 posts
Liked in: 293 posts
Joined: May 2nd, 2005, 3:36 pm

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby Fancy » Jan 16th, 2019, 12:46 pm

delSol97 wrote:We're talking a grown *bleep* adult, in a position of power, stealing a $21,000 item.
And said ring was returned, the auction house did not press charges, he made amends and he suffered the consequences. Appears a lot of people in the riding seem to be understanding.

Standing outside his childhood home in Burnaby, B.C., Robinson said he expects to be acclaimed as the NDP candidate in the riding of Burnaby North-Seymour at a nomination meeting on Saturday.

He has been knocking on doors in the riding and Robinson said no one has brought up the theft that derailed his career in 2004.


https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/former- ... -1.4255540
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 49413
Likes: 1482 posts
Liked in: 7755 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby Hassel99 » Jan 16th, 2019, 3:28 pm

You can bet your bottom dollar they are talking about it the second the door closes behind him.

Why would the NDP want such baggage in this age of social media and never forgetting.

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Hassel99
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3815
Likes: 1235 posts
Liked in: 3416 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2012, 9:31 am

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby JagXKR » Jan 16th, 2019, 6:19 pm

Fancy wrote:And said ring was returned, the auction house did not press charges, he made amends and he suffered the consequences. Appears a lot of people in the riding seem to be understanding.


The police/crown press charges not the auction house, because it's a crime. And they did. He pleaded GUILTY. He was sentenced due to his guilty plea. Facts not feelings.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/act ... n-334.html

Punishment for theft

334 Except where otherwise provided by law, every one who commits theft

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years, where the property stolen is a testamentary instrument or the value of what is stolen exceeds five thousand dollars; or

(b) is guilty

(i) of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or

(ii) of an offence punishable on summary conviction,

where the value of what is stolen does not exceed five thousand dollars.

R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 334; R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 43; 1994, c. 44, s. 20.


There is no minimum sentence hence the ability to sentence 100 hours community service.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
User avatar
JagXKR
Übergod
 
Posts: 1832
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 1760 posts
Joined: Jun 19th, 2011, 6:25 am
Location: Penticton

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby Fancy » Jan 16th, 2019, 6:27 pm

JagXKR wrote:The police/crown press charges not the auction house, because it's a crime.
Yes, I am more than well aware of that fact. But I'm sure you got my point.

Svend wrote a letter of apology to the auction company; satisfied, they didn’t intend to press charges.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 49413
Likes: 1482 posts
Liked in: 7755 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby JagXKR » Jan 16th, 2019, 6:32 pm

delSol97 wrote:
You called my analogy silly ... twice now you've brought up 'children'.

We're talking a grown *bleep* adult, in a position of power, stealing a $21,000 item.

Having now typed that equating politicians to children might not be as far off the mark as I originally thought.


Modus operandi for some to use analogies that are absurd whilst criticizing others for the same apparent behaviour. I believe that to be a hypocrite, but what do I know. I really had a hard time correlating the use of children into a discussion about a grown adult as well. :135:
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
User avatar
JagXKR
Übergod
 
Posts: 1832
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 1760 posts
Joined: Jun 19th, 2011, 6:25 am
Location: Penticton

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby JagXKR » Jan 16th, 2019, 6:41 pm

Fancy wrote:Yes, I am more than well aware of that fact. But I'm sure you got my point.


And I do get your point. My point was on the second page. I will quote myself.

Once a left wing lunatic eco terrorist thief always a left wing lunatic eco terrorist thief.


If he knocked on my door he'd get a :cuss: earful.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
User avatar
JagXKR
Übergod
 
Posts: 1832
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 1760 posts
Joined: Jun 19th, 2011, 6:25 am
Location: Penticton

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby Fancy » Jan 16th, 2019, 6:44 pm

I wasn't talking toddlers btw. High school students that have had setbacks aren't tarred and feathered and so many people young and old deserve second chances. I still don't see how "eco terrorist" fits in the circumstances.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 49413
Likes: 1482 posts
Liked in: 7755 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby twobits » Jan 16th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Fancy wrote:Svend wrote a letter of apology to the auction company; satisfied, they didn’t intend to press charges.


Of course they didn't press charges. If they did it would be played out in the media as an attack on Gay/Lesbian people by the Tyee, BCTF, HEU, and CUPE. Not to mention the BiPolar amnesty for crimes committed by the alternate personality group.
Their only option was to duck and dodge the publicity. They recognized very quickly that aggressive pursuit of prosecution would not benefit them. Too bad cuz now he is back.
What's next.....the second coming of Moe Sihota? Harcourt at the podium with a walker? Is the NDP talent pool that shallow? Yup, sure is.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

3 people like this post.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 7223
Likes: 1092 posts
Liked in: 3855 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby Kareem a-Weet » Jan 17th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Love it! :biggrin:
Kareem a-Weet
 
Posts: 62
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 44 posts
Joined: Sep 7th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby Gone_Fishin » Jan 30th, 2019, 6:29 am

Even with the new taxes, the platform projects another four years of deficits if the Liberals are re-elected on Oct. 21 — $27.4 billion next year, falling to $21 billion by the fourth year of the mandate.

Pete Podoski likes this post.
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Guru
 
Posts: 5281
Likes: 7598 posts
Liked in: 5742 posts
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 7:43 am

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 30th, 2019, 8:16 am

How typical of the BC Iberal fan club.........dream up all sorts of excuses for James and Lenz to steal from BC taxpayers, yet go back decades to find an NDP member's stress-related mistake. The man stole nothing from you guys, so give it a rest.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4849
Likes: 2394 posts
Liked in: 1006 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby Pete Podoski » Jan 30th, 2019, 8:20 am

N.D.P. logic: if a thief didn't steal from you, he's a great guy.
Tax. Borrow. Spend. Justin Trudeau's platform is raising taxes and accumulating another $94,000,000,000 in debt.

southy likes this post.
User avatar
Pete Podoski
Übergod
 
Posts: 1126
Likes: 2297 posts
Liked in: 2708 posts
Joined: Jul 16th, 2018, 9:13 am

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby Cactusflower » Jan 30th, 2019, 8:55 am

Pete Podoski wrote:N.D.P. logic: if a thief didn't steal from you, he's a great guy.


Where in my comment did you read that I think he's a good guy? I merely pointed out the logic of The NDP bashers on this site.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4849
Likes: 2394 posts
Liked in: 1006 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Re: Svend may come back to steal again

Postby Hassel99 » Jan 30th, 2019, 9:06 am

Cactusflower wrote:How typical of the BC Iberal fan club.........dream up all sorts of excuses for James and Lenz to steal from BC taxpayers, yet go back decades to find an NDP member's stress-related mistake. The man stole nothing from you guys, so give it a rest.



This post is 100% crazy.

They did not steal from me so why should I care? Are you for real?
Of course your not... lol


Btw lock up James and Lenz

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Hassel99
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3815
Likes: 1235 posts
Liked in: 3416 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2012, 9:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1791, CommonCrawl [Bot], kplange, parks101 and 1 guest